Skip to main content

Five Question Friday!! 1/1/10

My Little Life

After last week's 5QF hiatus (can you believe it's been a week since Christmas, already?!), I am back in the saddle!

I hafta be honest...today totally crept up on me! One second it was Saturday, the next it was Friday. How do these things happen?!!

Okily dokily...here we go!

Rules for 5QF: Copy and paste the following questions to your blog, answer them, grab the MckLinky code (if you'd like...), then link up! I'd totally love it if you'd link back to me, Mama M.!!

Questions for the New Year!! 1/1/10: (Thanks to Kate and Kyrsten for their question suggestions! Head on over here, to offer up your great questions, and get linked on a future 5QF!!)

1.
If you could bring one character to life from your favorite book, who would it be?


2. Where did you get your very first kiss?

3. How did you welcome in the New Year?


4. What is your favorite Beatles song?


5. Donuts: Overrated, underrated, or 'bout right?

-----------------------------------------------

1. If you could bring one character to life from your favorite book, who would it be?

Man alive!! The first character I thought of was, Stephanie Plum...from Janet Evanovich's series ("One for the Money", "Two for the Dough"...etc.)!

She seems like she'd be an awesome person to hang around...only, of course, if I'm wearing a bullet proof vest!

And, heck...maybe she'd get me to like donuts (see question #5!)!!

Have you read the Stephanie Plum series? It is freakin' hilarious!!! At one point, she puts a stiff dead body in her trunk...only she can't shut it, and the legs hang out...so she ties a red scarf onto the legs...you know..."to be legal"!!!

Makes me giggle just thinkin' 'bout it!

2. Where did you get your very first kiss?

I was in a dark movie theater...it was totally planned.

And, disgusting! Poor Joe...I remember spitting, and spitting, and wiping my tongue...sorta along the lines of Tom Hanks in "Big"...if I had would've had a napkin, I'd've totally been using it to wipe my tongue.

Sheesh, poor guy. Wonder what he thought?

3. How did you welcome in the New Year?

I welcomed the New Year in in high class. Totally wild, crazy, outta control.

Yup.

I was driving home from work. Isn't that exciting?!! *scoff*

It's all okay, tho'! We're not big New Year's Eve-ers over here. We've got too many darn kids to get all wild and crazy! Usually, we just have an "appetizer" supper, pop open some kid booze (aka sparkling juice), and pretend it's midnight around 10pm!

Yeah...we're totally old fart lame parents, over here!

4. What is your favorite Beatles song?

Oh gosh...I can't believe I asked this...I'm not sure if I can pick just one!!

Crazy, isn't it...how the Beatles revolutionized music? I heart them. I don't listen to them much...I just heart them. ;)

Okay...favorite song? Man, how I'd love right. now. to be able to come up with some obscure Beatles tune...but I can't.

I'm gonna hafta say, "Let It Be"...no, no..."Can't Buy Me Love"...oh, wait!! I've got it! "Golden Slumbers"!! Bah!

I can't decide.

5. Donuts: Overrated, underrated, or 'bout right?

OVERRATED!!! I don't know what it is.

You're totally gonna think I'm crazy. Promise you won't?

Okay...when I eat donuts, I get a weird, yucky coating in my mouth. I HATE it!

I really, really want to like donuts. I do! I mean, dude! It's deepfried dough! What's not to like?!!

For a while, I just kept trying them...but, to no avail. I just can't get past the nasty coating. *sniff, sniff*

Oh, woe is me and my donut hating. I'm sorry to all of you donut lovers.

There ya have it!! Now, it's YOUR turn!




MckLinky Blog Hop


Comments

  1. I'm a huge Stephanie Plum fan as well! I wait a year for the new book of the series to come out in June then I breeze through it in a couple of days and have to play the waiting game all over again. Wish she'd write faster :)

    Lindastamps

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Question #5 doesn't match the question in the list above. Which one do we answer????

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah you changed question 5.... are you trying to make this 6 Question Friday..... ;P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um..your kiss sounds like my kiss, with the spitting..nice!

    I don't know if I can like a person that doesn't love donuts..;-) The horror!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gross on the donut thing! The coating is the grease. It congeals and sticks...seriously...yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will you still be my friend if I tell you I don't know who Stephanie Plum is? She sounds great though, might have to check her out. Not sure the last time I read a book that wasn't a board book :)
    Happy New Year girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Does that make me lame that I have not a clue in this world who Stephanie Plum is?!!? I think I might need to google that one

    ReplyDelete
  8. My first kiss was equally gross! Too funny!

    This is my first 5QF - it was fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I love me some Stephanie Plum! I'm sad for you that donuts are not good, though. That's such a loss. Except it means I can have more of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dude...I feel for you about the donut eating fallout.

    Who am I kidding?

    SUCKS TA BE YOU!

    (just kidding!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love, love, LOVE Stephanie Plum! I'm thinking I'd like her to bring Ranger along, though. ;) I know--big bummer that Janet can't write more than one a year in that series because she's busy doing her "between the numbers" books, the Alexandra Barnaby series and reissuing her old romance books. Whew! Busy lady!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just wanted to say that I finally remembered to do 5QF! Though it's barely still Friday! I've been wanting to join you on this for a while and I'm planning on keeping it up so, thanks for a fun Friday bloggy thingy!

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  13. No worries on your donut hate! Heehee! We're cool.

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I get the impression you just dont like things in your mouth...or maybe poor joe had just eaten a powder doughnut...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great Questions! I'm I forgot to do it yesterday - but thats ok! Next week its on! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte