Skip to main content

Five Question Friday! 1/15/10

My Little Life

Holy moly! It's Friday...last I looked, it was Thursday! Ah...which, yeah...I guess makes complete sense...since Friday always follows Thursday, and all.

Ahem. Sorry.

Well, anyway my friends, it's time to put on your poodle skirts and bobby socks and get ready for a little Blog Hoppin'! (Oh, but if you're a guy and want to join in...feel free to forget about the poodle skirt...)

It's time for some 5QF action!! It's easy peasy...a silly, fun way to get to know other bloggers! Last week was one heckuva hoppin' week! Thanks to everyone who joined in and linked up!

Tell ya what...if we can break 100 this week...I'll make this 5QF a giveaway (I dunno what, but it'll be somethin' awesome!)! So spread the word!

Okay, want some rules?

Copy and paste the following questions to your blog, answer them, grab the MckLinky Blog Hop code (if you want), and link up! I'd love it...I'd probably hug you and kiss you and call you George...if you'd link back to me, Mama M.!

No blog? That's okay! Feel free to just jump in on the comments and leave your answers (but, really...you should have a blog! It's what's hip...or something...)!

Alright...

Questions for 1/15/10: (Special thanks to Lolidots, Casia, the Unkept Cook, Keely, and Megan for their question suggestions! Want to be linked in a future 5QF? Offer up your best question suggestions here...and stay tuned!)

1.
Worst trouble you ever got into as a teenager?

2.
Are you a morning person or a night person?

3.
Are you a one-handed or a two-handed Texter?

4.
Democrat, Republican, or Independent..or maybe even Green Party (whatever that is).

5.
Are you a pet person?

------------------------------------------

1.
Worst trouble you ever got into as a teenager?

You mean, besides the unplanned pregnancy at 18?

Well...that was a blessing in disguise...'cuz, man alive, did I get one heckuva blessing with that kiddo. He's awesome.

So, we'll exclude that one.

Well...the first thing that comes to mind, is the night I drank a bottle of Captain Morgan.

Yes...a bottle...and, ah...I'm not talking a mini-bar bottle, here either.

I was a junior or senior in high school...at a party with friends, drinking Morgan Cokes...and waaaaayyyyyyy too stupid for my own good.

Waaayyyyyyyyy too stupid.

Have I mentioned that I was waaaaayyyyy too stupid?

So, I ran out of Coke at some point in the night...and just finished off the bottle. I don't remember much, other than my awesome, amazing, angrier than heck dad, holding a bucket under me the entire night.


Thank the Lord...He was watching over me that night!

So, other than a lifelong distaste for Captain Morgan...a realization that I am not a drinker (well...that realization may have come a coupla years later...)...and a raging hangover...I lived and learned.

I'm a cheap date. Just ask my hubby!

2.
Are you a morning person or a night person?

Ain't no doubt about it, this Mama's a night owl! I train my kiddos from a very long age...that if they want to remain a part of this family, they must not wake before 8:30...preferably 9:30.

7 am is the dead of night for me. Well, kinda. I get up with my school kids, see them off for the day, and crawl back into my comfy, cozy bed...until the Littles wake me!

Morning and Mama just don't get along! Could be, partly, that I work a lot of evening shifts...which puts me home about midnight, and I need to wind down (read: blog) before I crash.

So, it gets late.

Real late.

3. Are you a one-handed or a two-handed Texter?

Two, for sure!! One hand just takes too long for me.

'Course, I'm new to texting...but, lemme tell ya...I sure broke in that "unlimited texting" real fast!

And...now, Mr. Wonderful gets 37 million text messages from me a day...rather than 37 million phone calls. Isn't he lucky?!! (Ahem...I don't think he sees it that way...)

I'm not sure which one he prefers.

My guess? Neither...'cept, the days I'm busy and don't call/text...he usually asks, "Why didn't you call me today?"

See, I secretly think he loves it when I bother him incessantly at work. But, shhhhh...don't tell him I'm to him, 'k?

Thanks!

4. Democrat, Republican, or Independent..or maybe even Green Party (whatever that is).

I am definitely a conservative. Whether I fit the "Republican" mold, is up for debate...but, my values and beliefs are certainly conservative.

Which is funny...in college I considered myself a die-hard Dem. Then I voted for Jesse Ventura.

And I've been a conservative ever since.

Amen.

5. Are you a pet person?


Ugh...well, I know this sounds terrible, but no.

Not at all.

Pets kinda...well...they just sorta...ugh...you won't hate me, will you?

Please don't hate me...but, pets just kinda, sorta gross me out. They lick their butts, eat their feces, and then lick my hands.

*Shudder, shiver, gag, shudder, shudder, gag, shiver*

Grody.

And I'm totally serious. Never fail...wherever I go...I will be standing there talking to someone, and a dog will come up and talk a drive-by lick of my hands!!! Ewwwwwwwwww!! Blech!

Okay fabulous peeps!! There ya have it!

Let's link up and blow this one outta the water and have us a giveaway!


MckLinky Blog Hop


Comments

  1. Fun questions dude..Thanks for using mine!

    I had one of those drunk nights..but it was with tequila and I was 17 and I think Mike was holding back my hair..That was my first experience with alcohol..bleck!

    I with ua on the pets..totally and utterly with ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Check those typos..

    What I meant was..I'm with ya on the pets..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Umm so you don't text your tweets?? I really don't get the twitter thing, I have a whole post in the works about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet you felt really rough after a whole bottle! ouch! Lesson learned I am sure..

    Pets are pretty gross... esp in the house. I would like my dog alot better if he was an outdoor pet ;)

    Have a fabulastic weekend girl.. hope baby girl feel better soon

    ReplyDelete
  5. I live in a Zoo. That's my answer to #5!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Night owl here, too. The dog thing grosses me out, but I still love my dog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girl, I love me some Captain but I cannot imagine downing a whole bottle in one night! I bet you did feel like crap.

    Good Questions! I ♥ 5QF!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL - I don't think you should have flipped republican b/c of jesse ventura. I remember him campaigning and saying things like "I'll make driving barefoot legal!"... and since I was 17, I thought that was pretty damn cool. :) I still can't believe I voted for him either... yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are a lot alike except the drinking in high school I saved that for college. Anyway a lot alike none the less!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. haha love your questions..i've had one of those drunken nights! who hasn't?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think my hubby doesn't get me a Blackberry or a texting plan for that reason in particular...

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad I'm not the only one who trains their kids to sleep in! Things are gonna change around here when TRex starts school next year but, until them I'm sleeping extra late to make up for it! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. HAHA you totally crack me up!

    That is exactly what my husband hates about dogs - especially ours. :) It doesn't gross me out in the least! IDk why! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm telling you what, Mama M., if you were living down here in the south, we'd have to be best friends or something. I mean, first with the mashed potatoes, and now we're on the same page politically and with the animals!! You can be my MinneSOOOOOOOta BFF :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Way too funny! I found your blog through three others that I follow, so I had to for a little visit. Thinkin' I might try this whole 5QF thing over at my little ol' blog and link back up to yours!

    Great blog by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL!! That's freakin hilarious!

    yeah, I didn't mention the excessive drinking or the unplanned pregnancy at 17, but I didn't really get into much trouble for drinking and what can they do to you once you're already pregnant. Plus she was a complete blessing in disguise!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I decided to try this for the first time tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think this is such a great idea. Reading everyones anwsers takes me down memory lane.

    ReplyDelete
  19. New follower! I saw 5Q Friday on a blog that I follow..so I decided to hop on over and see what it is all about and join in. Off to do the post now...

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am so glad I found your blog :)
    This is week two that I have participated in your 5QF. Loved your answers about the critters and I love Jesse Ventura! We just discovered him through his Conspiracy Theory tv show and are hooked!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm totally with you on the 7am-no way man!!

    I'm not even going to touch the pet thing...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte