Skip to main content

Five Question Friday! 1/29/10

My Little Life

Once again...it's Friday! And, it's payday Friday in this house!!!

Which also means, it's bill pay Friday.

Bummer...

Well...at least we've got Five Question Friday!!! The hip, fun, zany, happenin' way to meet and greet your fellow bloggers!

Rules for my friends: Copy and paste the following questions to your blog post, answer them, grab the MckLinky code, and link up! I would love ya, if you'd link back to me, Mama M.!

No blog? Feel free to leave your answers in the comments of any blog along the way...or, better yet...start a blog and link up!

It is a birthday extravaganza weekend in the Mama household...gonna be a busy one, but I am gonna do my darnedest to get around to visiting every 5QF'er this week!

Okay...let's get this party started!!

Questions for Friday, 1/29/10: (Muchos gracias to my friends, Lisa P., Liz, Megan, and Thorney London for their question suggestions! Wanna be linked in a future 5QF? Just leave me a question suggestion here, in my community! It's fun and totally not scary...I promise! Check it out!)

1. Would you ever vacation alone?

2. Do you go the speed limit?

3. Why did you start blogging/following blogs?

4. Where do you shop for yourself?

5. What was the song that you danced your first dance with your spouse to at your wedding...or...what song would you like your first dance to be to?

-------------------------------

1. Would you ever vacation alone?

Well...I'd like to be able to tell you that I'm a confident, mature adult who could handle being on her own in an unfamiliar place...

But, I'd be lying if I did.

So, instead I'll give you the bitter truth.

No.

First of all...I'd be forever indebted to the poor sap who got stuck sitting next to me on the plane. Barf, panic attacks, Our Father's and Hail Mary's galore.

It ain't pretty.

Secondly...what the heck would I do? I'd need someone to talk to and hash out decisions with..."should I buy that beautiful turquoise necklace or the to die for silver ring?"...you know, the important things in life...

So, nope. I couldn't do it.

Man, am I a baby, or what?!

2. Do you go the speed limit?

Yes.

*cough*mostofthetime*cough*

I try to do my best. It's the dang speed changes that trip me up. And, those darn back roads where the speed limit should be 97, but for whatevertheheck reason, it's 30.

I think they do that to us intentionally (Cop Mama...is it true?!)...just to catch us.

Sometimes (and here's where you'll discover what a real dork I am...), sometimes...if I know it's a tricky road for me...I'll set my cruise.

At 30.

For three blocks.

Promise me you won't "unfollow" me for my lameness?!!

3. Why did you start blogging/following blogs?

Well...a couple of co-workers and a former patient of mine had blogs...and totally suckered me in.

Great writing, awesome photos, fun stuff...then, one of them happened to mention this little boy named Stellan.

Have you heard of him? ;)

Well...I innocently clicked on Stellan's name, and was sucked into the vortex that is now my blogging life.

Again...dork alert here...what tipped me into, "yup...I need to get me one 'a them blog thingies"...was Not Me Monday!

So, I dove in feet first...and haven't come up for air yet! I love blogging...I love the people I've "met", I love using the creative part of my brain (you know...the part that laundry, scrubbing, polishing, vaccuming, bedmaking doesn't use? Yeah...that part.), I love the friends I've made, the stories I've read.

You know...I think it's so incredibly fun to "accidentally" discover a blog of someone who you could see yourself sitting down with and having a good long chat.

A friend...and it's amazing to me how many awesome bloggers are out there!

4. Where do you shop for yourself?

For all of my fashionable exisistence, it has been a continual toss up between The Limited and Express.

Just when Express starts to get a little too trashy for my taste...The Limited revs things up and brings down the corporate business lady attire just a bit...and vice versa...just when The Limited gets too "businessy" for me...Express steps up to the plate and get's rid of the plastic mini skirts and cut off gloves.

I like to think they do it just for me...keeps me interested...doesn't let life get too boring.

'Course...there's always the Gap...

5. What was the song that you danced your first dance with your spouse to...or...what song would you like your first dance to be to?

Ahhhhh...our first dance.

Makes me a little teary just thinkin' about it. What a magical day that was...*taking walk down memory lane...*

*snaps back to attention*

Ooops, sorry...flashback.

Sigh...the Mister and I danced to Bryan Adams' "When You Love Someone" (bummer...couldn't actually find a link of BA himself...but this band does a pretty fab job!)...not to be confused with "Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman".

Oh, no! Do not confuse the two.

"When You Love Someone" is off the Hope Floats soundtrack...a movie that reminds me of Mr. Wonderful and myself...and makes "my cup runneth over" every. single. time. I watch it.

Every time.

It's an awesome, romantic song. In fact, now that I'm listening to it in the background, while finishing up 5QF...the song itself makes me a wee bit teary...

Once again..."my cup runneth over"...

*wipes tears...sets computer aside...gives Mr. Wonderful a big ol' hug*

Phew...okay...now, my friends...link up!


MckLinky Blog Hop

Comments

  1. I set my cruise control too, because if I zone out then my foot gets heavier and I go much faster. Or I get gaping around and start dawdling. Cruise control ROCKS.

    Great questions today :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all I am not a pet person either!! Secondly you crack me up!! One day i will join Five Question Friday if I could ever remember seriously I am lame!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I set my cruise ALL the time, especially in areas where I know cops like to sit. I am in fear of getting a ticket allll the time. (haha!)

    I love your runneth over-ness for Mr. Wonderful. :) Enjoy your birthday weekend extravaganza!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm feeling evil cause I'm not doing 5QF..I'm cheating on you and feeling a little dirty..

    Love,
    Keely

    ReplyDelete
  5. Years ago I set my cruise on 30 because a cop was right behind me. 2 miles down the road I realized it had been 40mph the whole time. oops. Cop probably hated me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I set my cruise as well, whenever necessary!

    Thanks for some more fun questions - I'll link up shortly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had been blogging for awhile - not really seeing the "big blogging picture" when I clicked on Harper's name and ended up at Kelly's Korner. All over from there - I'm hooked!!

    I'm glad I decided to link up today. What fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Back when I was still working, we used to call payday "exchange day". Money comes in, money goes out ... only the names are changed to protect the innocent. Dave Ramsey says that. Thankfully things are better now, so I don't mind paying the bills so much. I know I'm probably in the minority there.

    Thanks for some great questions!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally agree about Express. Sometimes they are trashy and sometimes they are sophisticated and you never know which one its gonna be when you walk in there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, I joined in too! It's my first time. Glad I had a chance to answer the questions.

    And to answer your question about the speed limits...um, lets just say the signs are strategically placed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just joined in too! So happy hubby let me have some time to answer. :o) I agree with you about the speed limit thing. Why do we need to have a speed limit so low on those back roads??

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Payday/Billday is today at my house too, always puts a little damper on the day, but at least it's reliving to know they are all paid :)

    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i feel the say way about vacationing alone!
    have fun celebrating birthdays this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I found your blog from another blogger. I joined in on the fun for 5 question Friday.
    Thanks,
    Domestica

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your answers are SO MUCH fun!!! Totally enjoyed this read today!

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. mine is up, this is my first time playing along!

    Happy Friday everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ok, that is totally a good idea about setting your cruise even to 30 on roads that you know you might speed on! Seriously. It's not lame. And I will try that now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. The Not Me Monday got me really hooked on these weekly games...so did 5QF!!! They're so fun. And, I agree about the amazing people you become "hooked on!" :)

    Great answers!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you, I love this. Now if I could only remember this every week.

    http://couponmommyof2.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just found your blog hop via Cop Mama. I am joining in this week, FUN!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. MamaM, I really like these Friday questions. Thank you for doing them.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I would so set my cruise control is I had one. I do kinda The Big One will be in the back going. Mom, your going to fast. Geez kid leave me alone. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love that song and it so much better than the other one you mentioned. My friend actually walked down the isle to this song at her wedding and it was like watching a movie soundtrack.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ok, it is not exactly Friday, but I did a 5 question Friday post on Sunday! It was fun! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Keep posting stuff like this i really like it

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte