Skip to main content

Five Question Friday!! 11/27/09

My Little Life

Happy Black Friday, my friends!!! Anyone still recovering?!

Well, it may be Black Friday, but it's also Five Question Friday!!! Whoo-hooo!!! The blog carnival that poses quirky, fun questions so we can get to know each other better!! And, you know...have a chance to answer quirky, fun questions about ourselves!

I mean...who doesn't love that?!!

Da rulez...copy the following questions to your blog, answer them, grab the MckLinky blog hop code, and link up!! I'd lurve it if you'd link back to me, Mama M!!

Don't have a blog, but wanna participate?

Feel free to answer the questions in the comments below!!

All righty then...let's get started!

Questions for November 27th: (Thanks to Adrienne and Tyler for their question suggestions!!)

1.
Do you do a real or fake Christmas tree?

2.
What is your favorite Christmas tradition with your family?

3. Do you celebrate Thanksgiving in your neck of the woods? And, if so...how many calories do you think you consumed yesterday?

4. Have you started decorating for Christmas, yet?

5. What is your favorite Christmas cookie?

(Can you tell people are getting in the Christmas spirit?!!)

---------------------------------------------

1. Do you do a real or fake Christmas tree?

Oh, man...it wouldn't be Christmas without a real tree in this household!!!

I love real trees...cutting it down, getting it just right, the smell, the mess, the endless needles...well, okay, I could do without the needles and the mess...but I'd never trade a real tree for nuthin'!!

In fact, we'll be getting our tree on Sunday!

Bring out the cider...and the music...and the love...and the fighting ("no, that's MY ornament"!!)...and the broken ornaments...mmmmmm, I love it!!

2.
What is your favorite Christmas tradition with your family?

Midnight mass.

And, well...it's not so much a family event, but it's my favorite tradition!!

Mr. Wonderful and I, and occasionally, Big A., leave the Christmas Eve celebration at my parents, settle the little kids in, leave my aunt in charge of them, and head off to church.

It's amazing...the smells, and the spirit, and the songs, and the celebration of baby Jesus' birthday!!!

I love it...totally love it!! ;)

3. Do you celebrate Thanksgiving in your neck of the woods? And, if so...how many calories do you think you consumed yesterday?

Heck yes, we do!!

Next to Christmas, Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays!!

I love that it's kept it's meaning throughout the years...celebrating with family, giving thanks, eating 'til your buttons pop...it's awesome!

Okay, so calories...you know Michael Phelps? Yup...he of the bazillion Olympic Gold Medals?

I was totally on the Michael Phelps 12,000 calorie diet yesterday. Or, maybe more.

I can't be sure.

4. Have you started decorating for Christmas, yet?

Nope, not yet!! But, come later today, we'll be breaking out the Christmas totes!!

I can't wait...


Some
Christmas tunes, a little Peppermint Schnapps spiked hot chocolate, candles galore...wooo hoooo!!!

5. What is your favorite Christmas cookie?

Oh, man!!! Just one?!!!

Okay...ummmmmm...if I hafta choose just one...I'd say my mom's Chocolate Star cookies.

Dang, she has those things down pat!! A melt in your mouth sugar cookie with a yummy, melty chocolate star...all in perfect proportions!

An amazing ratio of chocolate to cookie.

Amazing.

And, now...it looks like I'll be baking today.

Mama needs some chocolate star cookies!!!

Okay, friends!! Your turn!


MckLinky Blog Hop


Comments

  1. Hey Mama M,...you are fun. It makes me smile just to read your posts. No wonder you have so many followers. (:>)

    I might link up with my Thanksgiving post from yesterday and add your questions at the top.

    Have a good day.

    Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

    ReplyDelete
  2. UGH! The huz won't let met get a real tree. BOO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! We need a picture! I love all cookies really. I'm not too picky. I wish we could get a real tree. I don't particularly like the mess but I love the smell!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum yum, those chocoalte star cookies sound delicious!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm late again to link up, but I wanted to say thanks for putting together these Christmas questions. I love getting in the spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I missed out linking my post. I had it scheduled but got wrapped up with Thanksgiving I guess. Here's the link if you want to read it
    http://diningwithdebbie.blogspot.com/2009/11/five-question-friday-and-candy-bar.html
    Thanks for hosting. It's fun to read what others are doing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte