Skip to main content

Note To Mother Nature

Dearest Mother Nature:

I have a bone to pick with you.

As a MinneSOOOtan, I feel it is my duty to inform you of a few things.

First, what was up with last summer? Okay, really...we can't even call it summer...highs in the 60's? HA!! Remember, girl...we live for summer here in MN! It's what gets us through the miserable winters you unleash on us!


Second...what happened to fall? You sent us a teaser of summer in September (which, btw...my children thank you for...as they sat in sweltering heat in their respective un-airconditioned schools)...September should be the kind of gorgeous fall weather we hope for...and you sent us a week or two of summer instead...skipped right over fall, and then delivered winter to us.


I must say...I am not pleased with this. If you had a supervisor, I would be demanding to speak to her (or him).

And, lastly, I've gotta throw this out there. If we're gonna have 9 months of winter...could you at least make it fun? How 'bout we exchange some of the bitter cold for some fabulastic blizzards?!


You know, the kind that really make you unable to go anywhere? The blizzards with the big, wet snowflakes perfect for snowmen and gigantic snow drifts? Please? I'd be ever so grateful...I may even kindly forgive you for the miserable summer you gave us...maybe.

Sound like a deal to you?

Very good, then perhaps we shall remain friends.

All my love,

Comments

  1. I'm in Minnesota with you~Can't wait to see what this winter will bring us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If Mother Nature is looking for something to do with extra snow, I'd love to take some off your hands out here in Virginia! My son is going to be 3 and never seen a single snowflake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a great plan. Jeez mother nature - if you're going to mix things up at least do it the right way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That does sound like a good plan for you Minnesoooooootans. I know a few from there myself that would love the recommendations you made to Mother Nature.

    Snow??.... wo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reminds me of living in Montana!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't even imagine. What a difference there can be in midwest. I feel almost like a southerner when I read your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mama M--you should tell those non-Minnesotans that we do not still have snow on the ground :) sheesh! You'll scare them away from visiting :) then again, maybe they'll invite you to come stay with them in their warm-weather/non crazy climate . . . you may be on to something :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Mama M.! I second that, and I'm over here in Wi. I am so on board with your idea, can we start some kind of campaign or get a petition going?

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL...you better get that deal in writing ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh YES!!!! Please Mother Nature....Please Please Please send us a GIANT BLIZZARD (but Please make sure my husband is home safe first!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte