Skip to main content

Chocolate Star Cookies!


I, am a keeper of my word!


Since The TreeHouse Chronicles are on sabbatical, I'm gonna put on my food blogger hat and show you the ever amazing,

...the delectable,

...the delicious,


...the fabulastic...

Chocolate Star Cookie,


...courtesy of the "Original Mama"..ahem...that'd be my mama, who has these down to a perfect science...*begin chant* "we're not worthy! We're not worthy!!"

First, cream together the sugars, oil and butter...this is where I long for a KitchenAid Mixer...and begin cursing this home, which is seriously lacking natural light.


Next, add in the eggs,


And "seasonings" (um...can you call it "seasonings"...when you're baking? Is it flavorings? Or, neither...perhaps, just "additional stuff" will do...) and look up the number for the realtor to begin your search for a home with natural light...or, just grab a hatchet, climb on the roof, and chop away...creating a nice, natural "sky light" for yourself.


Ahem...or not.

Then, if you are like me...take a call from your freshly po
st-partum friend, who is now a mother of twins and needing some breastfeeding advice...come back when the phone call is finished to find a strangely bubbly concoction of "additional stuff" goin' on in the bowl.


Shrug your shoulders, grab your pitiful hand mixer and mix away...hoping for the best, praying that all that "stuff" didn't do some funky chemical reaction while it sat (for the record, I'd actually not recommend the phone call step...unless, of course, you have a friend in need...).

When all that "stuff" is mixed good and well...toss in the flour, and mix away again...continue to pine for that KitchenAid Mixer...perhaps adding a tear or two the batter as you man handle your stupid little hand mixer (when will that God forsaken thing just give out and give me an excuse to "need" a KitchenAid Mixer?!!!!)...and this is where I resort to "flash photography"...stupid, stinkin', lacking natural light house...


Now is the fun part...

If you do not own a small cookie scoop, rush out to your nearest retail store and fetch yourself one...you'll thank me later.

Using your newly procured cookie scoop, drop the batter (which is light and fluffy) onto the cookie sheet.


Throw the sheet into the preheated oven (or, place it gently...it'll give you less mess that way...), and wait for perfection...

When the perfection is perfectly perfect...(very, barely, slightly golden brown on the bottomest edge...bottomest, that's not a word, is it?), place a Chocolate Star atop the hot cookies...


What is a Chocolate Star? It is NOT a chocolate kiss!!

Do not make that horrible mistake.

A Chocolate Star is a perfect little piece of
chocolate that absolutely makes this cookie.

No piddly kiss'll do.

It MUST be a star, or I take no responsibility for your cookies.

Then...then? Ooop...whoop...uh oh...oh NO! Drop a coupla cookies onto a coupla others, and...gosh, darn it...now you have to eat the "mistakes"!


You'll thank me later.

Chocolate Star Cookies:
1 c. sugar
1 c. powder sugar
1 c. butter (softened)
1 c. Mazola oil
2 eggs
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp salt
4 1/4 c. flour
Chocolate Stars

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cream together sugars, butter and oil. Add eggs, soda, vanilla, cream of tartar and salt. Mix well. Add flour, mix well. Drop on cookie sheet, bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, cookies should not be brown...they will almost look not done. Place a star atop each cookie immediately out of oven, allow to cool a bit on cookie sheet, then transfer to cooling rack.


Comments

  1. YUM-O!! I'll havta make those..with my hand held mixer..We need to have us a hand held mixer pity party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm... There I go, drooling on the keyboard again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH Yum!!! I'm gonna have to make those!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look delicious!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hilarious as always... what a great recipe!! Looks divine!

    Blessings-
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! Your food blogging is perfectly genius!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yummers!!!!!!! But where do I get Chocoalte Stars in Germany? Huh? Now I have a problem haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. YUM!! Can't wait to make some of these for Santa!

    Happy Monday SITStah!

    ~Working Mommy
    Come on by, stay for a while and leave a comment or two!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They look yummy! I saw you made PW's page, right up on top. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This post of yours was the hilariousest (is this a word? hmmmm) ever! But it's possible that I missed something.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's interesting to see just how permeant digital memory has become in our every day lives. It's like everywhere I turn, I see something with a card slot or USB port, haha. I guess it makes sense though, considering how inexpensive memory has become lately...

    Ahhh, I shouldn't be complaining. I can't get through a single day without my R4 / R4i!

    (Submitted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://cryst4lxbands.livejournal.com/398.html]R4i[/url] Net10)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte