Skip to main content

The TreeHouse Chronicles--Day 91

After last week's frenzy of activity, I was expecting to see a bit more progress this week.


But, alas...the activity was nil.

None.


Zip.

Nada.


I think my mighty hunter had different things on his mind...like a giant trophy buck, or something.

Does it make me a terrible wife that I hope every year he doesn't shoot one? Man, I feel guilty even putting that on paper...or screen, I guess...but I just can't eat deer meat! I don't mind the taste...it's the thought that gets me!!!

Those sweet little deer eyes, just looking at you innocently.

Yup, can't do it.

But, anywho...I digress.

So, no progress this week...and I'm afraid for next week. We have, like, 32 ton (something else I don't understand...why is the plural of, say pound, pounds...but the plural of ton is...ton? And you can shoot one deer or three deer, but you drink one beer or three beers. I don't get it. I feel sorry for anyone having to learn the English language...)...bah...gosh, see there I go again, getting all side tracked!

What I was gonna say, is we've got a whole boatload of leaves in our yard...like, crazy, freaky amounts of leaves...and any spare time we have from here on out, will be to get the stupid things off the ground before it snows.

Because, lemme tell ya a little somthin':

Fall = dry leaves (easy to rake)

Spring = wet leaves (and lot's of sweating and swearing...well, not so much swearing, just a lot of muttering under your breath--"stupid, stinkin' wet leaves...whose idea was it to wait 'til spring, anyway? Dumb, dumb wet leaves..."--somethin' like that.)

We've actually considered having a leaf raking party:

You're invited!!
Bring your own rake,
and a lot of stick-to-
itiveness.
We'll feed you supper (deer meat likely),
Please RSVP ASAP,
We need you!!!


Yeah, somethin' along the lines of that!

So, will you help? ;)

Comments

  1. We would help if we could, with 6 extras to boot. But we have our own to take care of!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been raking my own leave for the past 3 days and still not done, ugh! Oh, and I am hoping my hubby doesn't get a deer either but because I don't want to have the "there's nowhere to hang a deer head in our house" conversation...again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that tree house. When you are done with that one can you come and build me one??? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you replace the deer meet with pizza and offer drinks I would def come!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Rugrat Daughter just asked My Hunk when he was going to ever build her the tree house she wants. He replied "Probably when you have children"
    She didn't find as much humor in it as Hunk did.

    BTW- My Hunk is a hunter too and I also feel guilty over secretly hoping the deer are very good and hide and seek.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooohhh..I wanna come help rake!! I love leaves..do you burn em when your done?

    I will not eat the deer tho!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously...that treehouse is going to ROCK when its done and so worth the wait.

    Poor Bambi...

    I love raking leaves! And the smell of them burning is just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Uh, yeah... I might be busy that weekend(I totally made a typo when writing that... it said, I might be busty that weekend.. but I fixed it for you...HA!)

    Hope you are enjoying the sunshine!

    Blessings-
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would definitely help out, except for the whole being in a different country part...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte