Skip to main content

Five Question Friday! 10/29/10


Holy moly, Rockie! I'm tired. It's late. I had a margarita with friends...and I'm kind of a lightweight.

Sheesh...

What are your big Halloween plans? I'm looking forward to relaxing and (not really looking forward to) trick or treating!

Okay...no small talk this week, let's get a move on with Five Question Friday!


Rules for 5QF: Copy and paste the following questions to your blog, answer them, then watch for the linky post to appear Friday morning! Feel free to answer in the comments if you don't have a blog or already wrote a post (although, for the record, I leave the linky open until Sunday, so you have plenty of time!!) ;)

Questions for Friday, October 29th: (Special thanks to Bethany, Sandy, Pam, Jesslyn, andJill for their question suggestions! If YOU would like to be linked in a future Five Question Friday, c'mon over to my community and offer up your best question suggestions!)

1. If you could be a fly on any wall, which would you choose?

2. Do you budget your Christmas shopping or just get it done without budgeting?

3. What is the craziest fad diet you have ever done?

4. Is there a TV show that you have seen every episode/season of?

5. What one song always pulls at your heart?

---------------------------------------------------------

1. If you could be a fly on any wall, which would you choose?

Hmmm...interesting. Well, my first thought, would be the White House.

I sooooooo wanna know what really goes on behind closed doors over there. Forget this whole "tip of the ice berg" business, I wanna know the whole freakin' enchilada!

Er...wait. How did we just go from ice bergs to enchiladas?

Heaven help me.

I'd also love to be a fly on the wall...no, no...a fly on my teenager's shoulder...and find out what on earth goes through the minds of 14 year old boys.

Er...wait again.

Maybe I don't wanna know that.

Nevermind.

Continuing on...

2. Do you budget your Christmas shopping or just get it done without budgeting?

Well...typically, I spend without concern. Somehow, we always make it work. I shop 'til I'm done (which is, really, never...I shop 'til I can't shop anymore, and then I call it done!) and I try to get the best deals that I can, but I don't necessarily pay attention to what I spend.

Until...

This year. With a hefty tax bill (thanks, Obama...oops, sorry, I try not to get political.) this spring, a vacation that cost more than we thought, and a giant oak tree that got tired of reaching for the sky and instead decided to settle on our home...we've gotten behind.

Christmas will be budgeted this year.

And, that makes me just a little sad. :(

3. What is the craziest fad diet you have ever done?

I can honestly say, that I've never been a fad dieter!

I know, deep down, that it all comes down to calories in and calories expended. End of story.

However...I've seen my parents attack the Atkin's diet with a passion I've never seen before! (Ewwwww...I just said "parents" and "passion" in the same sentence. Grody.)

The saw quick results, but then my dad stopped peeing. And, that's not a good thing. My mom, however, still somewhat adheres to Atkin's...as in, "I'll have a double bacon cheeseburger, hold the bun but gimme some mashed potatoes instead of fries, please".

Mom. Listen to me. You can not have the best of both world's.

But, wait. You're skinny. So, um...maybe you can.

4. Is there a TV show that you have seen every episode/season of?

None.

I don't think.

Started out with a goal of watching 24, which we received as a gift (and, by "we" I mean, Mr. Wonderful)...but, somewhere around season 3 I discovered this horribly addicting thing called, "blogging"...maybe you've heard of it?

Anyway, blogging and 24 don't get along so well...since they usually happened at the same time, in this household.

I came close. And, I think I could catch up...but, now that I hear so much about "Glee" and/or "Lost"...I think I wanna try to catch up on those too!!

Decisions, decision...

5. What one song always pulls at your heart?

Well, the one song that always, always brings a tear to my eye, is "Proud to be an American". It is so true and strong and makes me so full of pride I can hardly stand it.

But, now...I've recently fallen in love with "Mama's Song" by Carrie Underwood. I've decided that when my baby girl's get married, that I want to dance with their husbands to that song. "He is good...so, good. And he treats your little girl like a real man should..."

*tear*

So, so pulls at my heartstrings!! For the record, I just watched the video for the first time right now. What a touching video. Amazing...

And, now...what song gets you all choked up? Let's hear it...




Comments

  1. Happy Halloween!! We've got a ton of stuff going on this weekend. Trick or treating twice, going to Downtown Disney, a few fall festivals...whew!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My MIL's in town, which leaves me no time to blog - *tear* BUT I wanted to answer your Q's because I do so love them.

    1) Fly on the wall? I though White House, but then I knew I'd just get PISSED off. So, I figured, I'd love to be a fly on the wall in young Harrison Ford's boudoir. MMmmmm. Yum-my, Han Solo.
    2)Budget... well, we didn't when we had only 1 child. Then we had 3 and the budget got busted out (then again, we budget EVERYTHING, including gas...) and this year we've actually got a per person budget. However, I'm sneaky and usually pull it off!
    3)Fad diet? Does nursing count? I don't fad diet. I don't really diet. If I feel my jeans getting a little snug, I chill out on the Snickers and drink more water. Done-zo. Healthy food, moderate exercise, blessed with a good metabolism and I'm not worried. (Ask me again after baby #4 leaves behind a mountain of jiggle... sigh.)
    4)TV show? We're 100% on 30 Rock and on The Office. I think I also watched all the episodes and seasons of Angel (remember, David Boreanaz - the "Buffy" spinoff? So delicious - like Han Solo) because a friend of mine let be borrow the DVD's. I've only accomplished it through DVR magic and/or DVD's of past seasons.
    5) I cannot - I mean TRULY cannot listen to that Christmas song about the little boy buying his dying mother (good grief I am literally crying as I type this) new shoes for when she meets Jesus. I literally (it's happening now) dissolve in a puddle of sobs and tears and cannot function for hours after I hear it. It doesn't just pull my heart-strings, I makes my whole soul reverberate like a gong. Ugh. Okay gotta go find something happy... maybe some booze. Oy vey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh!!! Mama's Song was on my list too! I got teary eyed just reading the lyrics on your page!

    Another one you may like is "never grow up" by Taylor swift. It's on her new album.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, too, miss the days of Christmas shopping with abandon! :( Doggone economy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good answers! I'll have to check out Mama's Song.

    www.mymusingsd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did not even think about the Whitehouse and being a fly on the wall. Hmmm... I'm just so not a political person.

    Take care!
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never heard that song before and I LOVED IT! Brought tears to my eyes...

    Hope you have a great/safe Halloween!!

    http://laura-si.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a great song. I would say the same thing about dancing w/ my daughters husbands, but they aren't allowed to grow up and get married.

    ReplyDelete
  9. He stopped peeing?? I didn't know that could happen on Atkins. I've never liked the idea of that diet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Halloween! I never thought of 'Proud to be an American' that pulls my strings a bit too! I never knew that about the Atkins, that is one I've not tried.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not a fad dieter either. Hmm. Maybe I should be? Kidding.

    I have always loved the Proud to be an American song. In fact, I have this vivid memory of being a teenager, doing laundry, and belting out with all the gusto I could muster.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always love to read your answers. I love Carrie Underwoods new song too. And the video makes it even better. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Way to go Obama!! UGH
    I don't normally budget either, it takes the fun out of it. :)
    I have seen every episode of Friends probably like 5 times each, I still watch the reruns every night.
    Have a great weekend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. A couple of years ago,I was like you at Christmas - shop and shop and shop until you can't shop no more!! LOL However, I'm afraid we have to be very careful with the pennies these days. :(

    I've hooked up to the 5QF blog hop a little late this week, due to Internet connectivity issues. I'm sooooo glad I managed to get online and join in the fun this morning!

    Have a great weekend!

    :)

    Annette
    www.mammakerr

    PS Sorry! I've still not got round to doing a vlog post! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. hey...the hcg diet is random and cuh-razy. you'll have to look it up.
    and the reason i am angry at lost is because, for me, there are far too many unanswered questions...that will forever remain unanswered. i would just rather not have the questions floating around in my brain now. but really, it was an awesome show.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I say we make up a show about blogging. I think we would make a ton of money

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte