Skip to main content

Five Question Friday! 10/22/10


Hello MEA Friday!!! (For those of you non-MinneSOOOOOtan's, MEA is our annual fall break/teachers conference...a nice long weekend.)


I am looking forward to snuggling up with my kiddos and family this weekend and (hopefully) not doing a dadgum thing!! I do have a friend coming over to get some fall photos of her babes (yes, the same babes as these photos...) tomorrow, but otherwise?

My slate is clean.

Ahhhhhhh...

I wanna cook my heart out this weekend...er, wait. That sounded, well, kinda grody. I do not intend, in anyway, to cook my heart this weekend. What I mean is I'm gonna cook the pants right off me!!

Er...wait again. Wrong. Okay...well, I hope you get my drift!

Ready for Five Question Friday?! Well, I am!

Rules for Five Question Friday: Copy and paste the following questions to your blog, answer them, then watch for the linky post to appear on Friday morning!

Super easy, super fun!

Questions for Friday, October 22: (Special thanks to Pam, Bethany [wowza, Bethany!! you came up with so many good ones, I had a hard time choosing!! Thank you!], Sandy, Katie, and [inspiration from] Wombat for their question suggestions! Do YOU want to be linked in a future 5QF? Do you have any burning questions? C'mon over to my community and offer them up!!)

1. Who is the better cook, you or your spouse?

2. How often do you talk to your mom?

3. Are you adventurous in the kitchen or stick to the recipe?

4. Is your second toe longer than your big toe?

5. Do you dress up for Halloween? (Bonus question: What will you be this year?)

--------------------------------------------------

1. Who is the better cook, you or your spouse?

Well, in general, me.

I can make some pretty mean, down-home, stick to your bones meals. (That is, when I'm not cooking my heart or my pants.)

I love to cook...there is nothing more satisfying to me that making a meal for my family and watching them devour it. I love that!

I've gotta share a couple links with you...to my family's favorite meals. You will thank me when you try them. I promise!



However, all that said...I can NOT cook an egg to save my soul. It is rather pitiful...and this is where my husband beats the pants off me! (Whoa. I've gotta stop with these hyperboles...or whatever they're called. I think I skipped that day of English.)

Dude can cook breakfast like nobody's business! Amazingly perfect eggs to order.

Every.

Stinkin'.

Time.

It's like an art.

And when it comes to eggs...he's freakin' Van Gogh!

2. How often do you talk to your mom?

I talk to my mom just about everyday. She's the bestest!

Usually, we talk on the phone about something of utmost importance (like, when we are going to do our girl's night/Christmas shopping)...however, if we don't talk on the phone...we most certainly communicate via Words With Friends.

Mine Mama: "You don't play nice."

Me: "Neener neener."

She: "Oh, really?"

Me: "Pfffffttttttttttt!"

She: "You're grounded."

And then I let her win. (Did you hear that mom? I LET YOU WIN!!)

;)

3. Are you adventurous in the kitchen or stick to the recipe?

Well, this depends.

Typically, I'm a stick to the recipe-er the first time...just in case it doesn't turn out, then I can blame it on someone else.

After a meal has received the "a-okay" from the family...then I try to see what I can do with it to make it "mine".

But, if I'm going to be entirely honest with you, I really only rotate through a handful of meals. However, since I've become best friends with the Pioneer Woman, I've been dabbling in some new dinners.

She's inspiring like that. Just like any best friend should be. (What? You don't think we're best friends? So, well...ya know, I've met her once. For 4.2 seconds. I can prove it. Take that.)

4. Is your second toe longer than your big toe?

Upon first glance, I said "yup!", but then I looked closer...and it's sort of the longer leaner vs. chubbier shorter effect.

It only appeared longer next to it's overweight neighbor "Big Toe".

In reality, they're even Steven. Straight up equals.

What does this mean?

5. Do you dress up for Halloween? (Bonus question: What will you be this year?)

Herein lies the answer in which I will reveal just how boring I really am.

No.

I don't dress up for Halloween...in fact, I'm pretty sure I've never dres...

WAIT!!

Once. I did. In college, when I had a rockin' bod that I wasn't afraid to show off, I dressed up like a genie.

And went to a party with my brother's friend. After a small amount of miscommunication, I realized we both had different "ideas" about that "date"...mine being I thought he was a bored friend of my brother's looking for something fun to do.

His being something a tad different.

Oops.

But, ever since that party, I have not been a dresser-upper. Save for the occasional witches hat (which never fit 'cuz my noggin's to stinkin' big for anything.).

This year, oooooooohhhhhhhh, yes, this year is gonna be different tho!!

Oh, yes...this year, my friends...I am going as:

A mom.

Beat that.




Comments

  1. Hahaha! You're going to win best costume then...a mom, no one can top that!

    Even toes, I believe that's the mark of a true genius!

    As always thanks for posting. I enjoy linking up!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the questions this week and loved your answers. I have the second toe longer. I heard it means your sexy and a good lover. With them both the same I haven't heard anything on that one. Maybe someone has an answer for you. Toodles Kath'

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Mom! What a great costume! Be sure you have someone wipe snot on your shoulder, or your outfit won't be complete.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! My hubby is MUCH better at cooking eggs than me! (MUCH MUCH better!!) I don't even attempt it now! ;P

    Thanks again for hosting my fave meme!

    Have a great (holiday) weekend!

    Annette
    www.mammakerr.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! I'm going as a mom this year too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I play Scrabble with my mom on Facebook and she always tells me I'm cheating or that I'm not using real words. Don't you love how defensive they get!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Friday! I can't cook an egg either. What's up with that?

    And isn't it awesome to have such a great relationship with your mom? It sounds like you guys are super close.

    Have a great weekend cooking up whatever body part you decide on. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I will go as a Mom this year too. It's trendy, its in, it's always hip and it embodies every other costume out there, right? Thanks for idea! hehe..

    Have a great weekend!

    Tammy
    http://dontblink-tammy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nick tops me in the egg department too. Heck--he just cooks a better breakfast than I do. I better at soup than he is though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. new follower! love it idea!
    http://www.emeraldsmind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. It never ceases to amaze me how similar our answers are on some of these. I used to tease that Kate West and I were twins separated at birth, but I'm starting to wonder if there were actually three of us! What is it with men and eggs? My kids won't eat eggs their dad cooks--his "fried eggs" are still runny and his scrambled eggs turn out with the appearance and texture of slightly yellow cottage cheese :/ Are you going to cook up a bunch of meals to stock your freezer this weekend or just enjoy cooking for the family? Heck, what am I talking about--you probably have to double recipes just to make them work for one meal with 5 kids (including a teenager) in the house! Nevermind. Enjoy your snuggling and cooking this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Seriously!?!? I consider myself a great cook and I can't make breakfast either! What is with that? It looks so simple. Maybe we are just too complex for breakfast fare (nose in the air).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Damn, If I had dollar for everytime Tracy said "I am going to cook the pants right off of me" I would still have NO dollars. But if she were to say that, the kids would be in the backyard and I would be helping in the kitchen.

    You all have a great weekend of relaxing and doing nothing

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi there! Found your blog from another one while I was blog hopping.You have a great blog and I am now following.
    Feel free to check out my blog at:
    http://canadianmom-whatsonmymind.blogspot.com/
    Take care and make it a great weekend!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Whatevs. You still have a rockin' bod. I'd do ya.

    So I just looked at my feet, and the second toe on my left foot is longer, but on the right they're the same. WHAT does THAT mean!?

    ReplyDelete
  16. About #5, I hated when that happened.
    One bigger toe means you are a genius.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am your newest follower!!

    What a cute idea and way to have people link up!! I will have to do this next week!!

    Thank you for sharing!
    Have a great day!
    http://latache-t.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, I;m your newest follower! I love finding new blogs and yours is lovely. You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com

    take a peek at my giveaways if you stop by. I only feature gorgeous, handmade stuff:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte