Skip to main content

Five Question Friday! 10/15/10

It's Friday, I have a cold, we have a groom's dinner to attend tonight, a wedding tomorrow, and many family activities throughout the next few days as the Mr.'s California bro is here in town! Fun, fun stuff!

Minus the cold.

I'd gladly trade you one cold today, for a hamburger tomorrow. Or something. (Okay, so I know that Whimpy quote is so far off the mark that it shouldn't even be referred to as a "Whimpy quote"...but my brain is clogged with boogers, so it's not working quite right. Forgive me.)


Anywhodles...let's get this 5QF show on the road!!

You know the gig. But, if you don't...here are the rules!

Rules for 5QF: Copy and paste the following questions to your blog, answer them, then c'mon back Friday morning for the linky! While that is all good and important, the following is the most crucial rule of all:

HAVE FUN!!!!

Questions for Friday, October 15th: (Special thanks to Jill, Twitter inspiration from Kate,Bethany, Dianne [no blog], and one from the handy deck of random question cards, for their question suggestions! If YOU would like to be linked in a future 5QF, c'mon over to my community and offer up your best question suggestions!)

1. What is your favorite Halloween candy?

2. Do you fold your socks?

3. What is something that you wish you had been warned about?

4. What is the most significant difference between you and your significant other?

5. What are three words you would use to describe yourself? (And, just for fun...if your significant other is around, ask him/her what 3 words they would use to describe you!!)

------------------------------------------

1. What is your favorite Halloween candy?

Anything. I'm kind of a candy freak.

But...if you dumped it all out in front of me, I would most definitely first pick out the "Frooties" (not the fat Tootsie Roll fruit flavored ones, but the skinny, yummier brand) and the "Now and Laters".

WHAT?! No chocolate?! You ask?

Well, yeah...I tend to go first for the fruity stuff...followed closely by chocolate. Preferably, chocolate with caramel. And most definitely, chocolate withOUT fruit.

*gag*

2. Do you fold your socks?

Well, in theory, yes...I fold my socks.

Only, here's what usually happens...

I toss in the whites, fighting the urge to break down in tears 'cuz I HATE FOLDING SOCKS. I then toss them in the dryer, and fill the washer with a different load of clothes/jeans/towels/sheets/rugs/blankets.

Fold whites, tossing socks in a basket to "fold later". Fold subsequent and many loads of clothes/jeans/towels/sheets/rugs/blankets.

Repeat above process starting with whites again.

Now, my family has been scrounging through the basket of clean socks for a couple of days weeks months , so while I always have good intentions to fold my socks...I can always find better things to do with my time.

Like pull out my fingernails one by one.

3. What is something that you wish you had been warned about?

I wish someone would've warned me about how much I'd look back on teenagehood and realize how good I had it.

Wouldn't it be great, to go back for just a day or two, with the wisdom we have now?! Oh, to appreciate the "stress" of a test, to love how fabulous our bodies looked back then, to realize that the mean girl/boy was really just seriously lacking self esteem and to know, "I AM FABULOUS"?!!!

Yeah...wish I'd been warned about that.

4. What is the most significant difference between you and your significant other?

The most significant difference would be our introvert/extrovert personalities. We really are the perfect match...

I tend to be the social, crazy one...and he tends to be the quiet, thoughtful one. I open him up, he grounds me. I get all emotional, he's the levelheaded, even-keeled one.

We seem to always balance each other out.

I love my guy.

5. What are three words you would use to describe yourself? (And, just for fun...if your significant other is around, ask him/her what 3 words they would use to describe you!!)

My three words:
  1. Goofy: I love laughing with life, being fun-loving, and scaring the bejeezus out of my husband!!
  2. Caring: I make a living taking care of people...I love what I do.
  3. Maternal: Ever since I can remember, I have loved babies. I loved baby sitting, I love being a mother.
His three words:
  1. Witty: Awww...he's so cute!
  2. Hot: Smart man... ;)
  3. Maternal: Great minds think alike!
(And, for the record, those really were his words! I didn't just fill them in myself...criss cross applesauce, promise. Although, he had to think for a bit on the third one...he said after: "What's that word to describe when you piss me off so much and get under my skin and I wanna kiss you?!" Er...I dunno.)

----------------------------------------

I hope everyone has a great weekend! I hoping to veg on Sunday and read up on some good ol' 5QF links!!




Comments

  1. Really enjoy your blog-hope you don't mind me saying, but you and your family are so cute!
    The sock thing makes me chuckle inside-I think I felt the same way a few years ago. I've got it under control now. =)
    Thanks for the FQF link party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Partial solution to sock problem. Use a lingerie bag to wash/dry them in. If your laundry looks like my laundry, then all the socks get in one big bag, then all you have to do is root through one bag, not many laundry baskets or if you are more organized, then each person gets their own bag. And if you line dry, then "poof"-all the socks are in one spot and if you are really organized they are mated right on the line. Although I am a not a blogger, I love 5QF. Love to see how varied individual responses are! Have a blast at the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. FOLD SOCKS? pffffftttttt.....I don't think so. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have one laundry basket for just the stray socks that seem to come out of every load. About once a month I will have the girls go through there and pair as many matches as they can find.
    Love all your answers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the sock basket is just fine. I have one or two of my own. And that last line is awesome. I have never felt that exact kind of frustration. Seems like it would just make you more frustrated, but I guess not!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh... that's a good "warning" I wish I'd known how much I would miss college. I wouldn't have worked so hard to get done so fast. Wait, maybe that's why no one told me. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another great 5QF! Thanks for using my question. :) Socks are always the last thing I fold. ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think maybe the word your husband was looking for was irresistible?? LOL Man I can't wait to ask my husband his three words for me when he gets home....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your answers.. Sorry your sicky poo poo. Have fun at the dinner and the wedding. TTY Next Friday.. Kath'
    Come join my blog contest if you get time at www.lilbitoldlilbitnew.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for such great ?s this Friday! :)

    The words your MR. Wonderful used are so sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte