Skip to main content

Five Question Friday! 10/8/10


Ohmigosh. It is supposed to be a balmy, gorgeous, amazing 80 degrees here today. One year ago, we had 2 inches of snow on the ground.

"MinneSOOOOOta's like a box of chocolates, you never know what'cher gonna git."

In other MinneSOOOOta news...our Twins could really use some rootin'. Much as I know the Yankees are near and dear to much of America's hearts, they need to get their behinds whooped, wait, what? Did someone say something? Hmmm, I coulda sworn I heard someone say the Yankees need to get their butts kicked.

Did you hear it too?

Anyway, could you please root for my Joe. And Denard. And Delmon and Michael and Justin and all those other guys. Oh, and I think Mr. Gardenhire would appreciate your prayers too.

GO TWINS!!!!

In yet other MinneSOOOOTa news, I received a "survey" phone call about our upcoming elections...I usually don't participate in these phone calls, but I was caught off guard, and the Mr. wasn't home to hand the phone to, so I was stuck.

I answered as best I could. Then, I said something kinda spunky and silly and made the girl on the other end laugh just a tiny bit. Only, I'm not sure if she was laughing with me or at me. I couldn't tell, so I just tell my self that it was a "laughing with me" moment. It makes me feel better that way.

And, in some final MinneSOOOOta news...

LIVE, FROM MINNEsooooooTA, IT'S FIVE QUESTION FRIDAY!!!!!!


Rules for 5QF: Easy as pie!! For real...easiest blog hop around! Just copy and paste the following questions to your blog post, answer them, then c'mon back tomorrow am (bright and early) for the linky and link your post up! If you don't have a blog (or already wrote a post), but still wanna join in...just leave your answers in the comments below!

Remember...I always leave the linky open until Sunday night!

Questions for Friday, October 8th: (Special thanks to Colleen [Colleen, you need a blog!!],Jesslyn Amber, Chrissy, Nel, and Tiffany for their question suggestions! Wanna be linked in a future 5QF? If so c'mon over and offer up your best question suggestions!!)

1. What do you listen to while driving?

2. What is your least favorite thing about Fall?

3. What does your dream house look like, inside and out?

4. Would you ever own a minivan?

5. Do you wash new clothes before wearing them?

-----------------------------------------------------------

1. What do you listen to while driving?

Hmmm...well, where do I start?

This is typically what I listen to:

"Stop hitting me!!!"

"Gimme (fill in the blank here) back!!!"

"Mom, s/he took my (fill in the blank here)!"

"Mom, can we go to WalMart/Target/The Toy Store/The Dairy Queen?"

"Mom, s/he's bein' mean!!"

"Mom..."

"Mom..."

"Mom..."

Yeah, that about sums it up.

Now...if I happen to be alone in the car...I'll turn on the Country station and hope for a good song to come on. Or, I'll call up one of my long lost friends and revel in a phone call that goes uninterrupted by, "Mom?" "Mom?" "MOM?!" MOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!!!"

Ahhhhh...the things a mother comes to appreciate.

2. What is your least favorite thing about Fall?

Hands down, without a doubt, no questions asked...it's knowing that winter is not too far off. :(

I'm not a fan of winter. Heck, I had barely started aclimating to the 50 degree weather we'd been having when all of a sudden we get 80 tossed at us.

How in the heck is a girl supposed to regulate her body temperature when the outside temperature doesn't know what it's doing?

For Sale: MinneSOOOOta weather. Will trade, even up, for someone to take out the Yankees.

Wait. That's a win, win for me. Nevermind.

3. What does your dream house look like, inside and out?

My dream home would be on a lake. Grand in size, homey as all get out. With a great big kitchen, a giant master suite, hardwood floors, a stone fireplace, and all of my family under the roof.

My husband would prefer that I add "hobby farm" to our dream home. I guess I wouldn't mind that, as long as the "farm" part didn't make it's way into our home.

A hobby farm on a lake.

Hence, "dream home". It doesn't exist.

4. Would you ever own a minivan?

Own one, hell, I try to sell my friends on them!!!

I am a minivan pimp. Minivans are the bomb-diggity. In fact, if my husband would let me and if my teenager wouldn't be mortified, I'd drive a conversion van.

Then, each kid could have their own row, wouldn't be able to touch one another, and we'd avoid the above scenarios in question #1.

Conversion vans are the bee's knees. I'm convinced of it.

Dude...if you think you don't want a minivan...just do it. They are the best thing that happened to moms since sliced bread.

Or, breast pumps.

Or, maybe since TV dinners.

Minivans are the best. Amen, end of story. Good night, peace out.

Oh, wait...there's one more question...

5. Do you wash new clothes before wearing them?

Well, I used to give it the college try. I would pry them out of my 9 year old fashion maven's hands if I could, but if I didn't get to them?

Meh.

But then...but THEN!! I heard that a certain large department store's clothes are sprayed with insecticides prior to being shipped to the store. That the workers say that when they open new freight, the smell if awful.

Because we as consumers, have driven this need for perfection...and heaven forbid should a little fly be on our shirt. It's like that one song, about the DDT? Here, I'll change the words for you,

"...I don't care about the bugs on my clothes, leave off the DDT.
Oh, oh. Don't it always seem to go, that you don't know whatchoo got 'til it's gone,
They paved paradise, and put up a great big mall...
Ooooooooooo bop bop bop..."

How'd ya like that? If I ever lose my day job, I can go into the song writing business.

Okay, you can stop laughing now. You're just like that survey girl...I'm not sure if you're laughing with me or at me, so I'll go with with.

It feels better that way. :)

-------------------------------------------

Happy Weekend! I hope the rest of y'all have a fabulous weekend!




Comments

  1. Bug spray? Ooooh dear. Like my Minnesota accent?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,new follower!
    hope you stop by too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and my sister must drive the same carload of kids around. A Nintendo DS in every hand though and you don't hear a word!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I try and hand off those pesky survey calls too. Just the other day I thought, why do I feel bad when I just say no to them? I should visualize them as one of my kids getting into something I don't want them too and no would come easy. ;)

    Take care!
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm new here! Great party! Love the questions AND your answers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bug spray? Yuck! Now I might have to start pre-washing!

    Anyway, I hate winter as well, so I feel your pain. That and our ever changing weather.... we have that here in Michigan too. Heat and AC running in the same day? Not unusual for many people!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 3 years in Maine cured me of my need for winter weather so I wish you the best of luck with that...and please don't send the snow my way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh dear, as always you have me laughing in the morning! I'm laughing with you. Totally! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep I'm super type A and I don't wash my clothes but thanks for telling me about the bug spray. My skins crawling thinking of it. Okay, I'll calm down, knowing it isn't full of bugs justifies my laziness.

    ReplyDelete
  10. New to 5 Question Friday...not new to you. :)

    I LOVELOVELOVE your answer to #1! hahahahahhahahahahhaha!

    G-R-O-S-S on the bug spray!

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Mamma M. If I had a blog, that would upset the delicate, harmonious balance of bloggers and stalkers. It is a very fragile ecosystem.
    Thanks for the invite and I never knew about the bug spray thing-ick!
    As I am from Canada, I wish you a Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how I would love to have little ones fighting in the back seat!!!! Love your answers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Excited to be back and linking up with your blog today!! Thanks for hosting :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are sooo funny! (I know I say that everytime I comment...but I always laugh when I read your blog.)

    I love minivans too. We have a stow and go, and they are terrific. I have a cute little Hyundai Santa Fe to toot around town in...but on a trip I insist we take the minivan...cuz they are sooo roomy and comfortable. So I could work with you at the car lot selling these things! ((smile))

    ReplyDelete
  15. First off, eww I had no idea they spray the clothes with bug spray! Now I will have to make sure I wash everything first! Secondly, I too rock the minivan and love it! They really are the best! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMGOSH I love your answers. They had me rolling around laughing and I really needed that today.
    I did my questions lastnight and then forgot this morning to get on here before I was # 59 !!! I am not sure anyone will make it to me. Sometimes I start from the bottom up so they get people. Come enter my contest. Kath' at www.lilbitoldlilbitnew.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are funny little thing, aren't ya?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your blog. New follower. hope u can stop by mine.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So this has NOTHING to do with this post, but I wanted to let you know that your Basil Chicken Salad was a HIT tonight!! :) and I loved it tooooo :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Minivans are a Godsend. But it drives me crazy I have been driving one since I was 18. I want a cute little bug convertible. But that won't be even possible for another 16 yrs at least. Why did I have children again? They are making me feel older than 26.

    ReplyDelete
  21. FYI - Conversion vans are not much fun to park at the mall - much like our suburban - but with #6 on the way I'm thinking an 11 passenger van might be kind of nice, even with the parking headaches!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte