Skip to main content

Five Question Friday! 2/26/10


Yay!!! Yippee!! Hooray!

My Little Life

It's Friday!!

And, for anyone who may have missed the memo yesterday, we're trying something new. I tossed out a little question about having a "Thursday night preview" of the 5QF questions...and, overwhelmingly, people said:

"Yes, yes, yes!!!" (Not unlike Meg Ryan in "When Harry Met Sally")

I aim to please, so I tweeted and forumed and posted the questions last night! Missed 'em? Well, don't fret!

'Cuz here they are again!!

Rules, as always, but with a new (!!) twist: Copy and paste the following questions to your blog post, answer them...thenwatch for the MckLinky to appear tomorrow morning, and link up! I would love, love, love for you to link back to me, Mama M.!

Now, without further ado...(drumroll please)...

I announce the:

Questions for Friday, 2/26/10: (Special thanks to: Lily,Thorney London, Maryanne, Renee, and moi! Do you wanna be linked in a future 5QF? C'mon over here, to my community, and offer up your question suggestions!)

1. Do you sing karaoke? If so, what is your go to song?

2. What is your favorite coffee drink?

3. If you could choose your own name, what would it be?

4. Were you ever bullied?

5. How often do you eat fast food?

--------------------------------------

1. Do you sing karaoke? If so, what is your go to song?

First, lemme just say...if I'm singin' karaoke, you'd better hope that you are not anywhere near me.

Second, it takes me a few cocktails to loosen up enough to be able to pick up the mic.

Third, once those cocktails have taken effect...you will not be able to pry me away. Which means, that you'll want to heed my first bit of advice.

But, I've discovered...Faith Hills "This Kiss" makes for some fun karaoke'in'!

Just ask my mortified husband and the rest of his business associates.

Ahem...carrying on...

2. What is your favorite coffee drink?

Coffee has become my friend. Me and coffee...we're like this (*crosses fingers tightly*).

At home (scratch that...) anywhere...I prefer my coffee "dressed up". If I'm out and about, say at...oh, I dunno...Caribou?

It's a Dark Chocolate Skim Campfire Mocha with Whip.

Amen.

At home? Gimme a coffee with a few scoops of hot chocolate, a splash of French Vanilla Creamer, and a healthy dollop (squirt) of whipped cream (and when I say whipped cream, I totally mean, Redi Whip).

Yum.

I need some coffee now.

3. If you could choose your own name, what would it be?

It would be Mama. Just like it is.

What...you thought I had a real name? (*scoff*) As if...

First name, Mama. Last name, M.

Oh, alright...pull my leg.

I'd want something elegant and exotic.

Like...Esme.

Or, Gertrude. (I kid!! Love ya, Great-grandma Gertrude!!)

Or, Elise, Giselle, Lauren.

My mom said she wanted to name me Tracy. I kicked her in the shins and said, "then why the heck did you stick me with this hideous name?!!!"

She grounded me for kicking.

But, somehow...Mama T. just doesn't have the same ring as Mama M.

Mama T. makes me sound like I should be wearing multiple heavy gold chains and have a TV show named, "Mama T. and the Gang".

Hmmmm...maybe fate was at work when my grandma gasped and gagged and threw up in her mouth when she heard "Tracy" (really? What's wrong with Tracy? Sigh...)...Mama M. would never have been...

4. Were you ever bullied?

Well...I was beat up.

Does that count?

A friend and I walked into our local Hardee's (do those exist anymore? I'm convinced my experience was the demise of them...), she said a few choice words (under her breath) about the clientel...

I, looked at said clientel, and kept my mouth shut...they were a rough bunch.

We went potty...while sitting in the stalls...the doors open, and voices can be heard, "grumble grumble...b*t***es, grumble grumble b*t***es"...not certain that they were talking about us, I calmly exited said stall...

Only to realize, yes indeed...we were the b*t**es they were talking about.

The got up in our faces, my friend made her escape, I tried to follow...got fists to the head, hair pulled...somehow ran out to my vehicle...shaking and terrified (I was a pretty gentle kid...not my type of thing...)...

Threw the vehicle into reverse...leaving my friend inside, seeking help with the (unhelpful) management...and drove to the fire chief's house (also a long time family friend).

A couple of friends there drove me to the police station, where I was questioned about what happened (by the notorious "Bad Cop" in town), my parents called, and taken home.

Long story short(ish?), my parents were encouraged by the parents of these girls, to press charges. So, court dates and restraining orders later...I was a wreck.

Seriously...I think I had PTSD!! It was crazy.

Almost, surreal, now that I think back upon it!

Weird.

Alrighty then...moving on...

5. How often do you eat fast food?

Um, can I plead the fifth? Please?

No...I did that last week and I used up my "Pleading the Fifth" card for the month? Dang...

Okay then...we eat fast food more often than we should.

It's probably once or twice a week. And I feel greasy and yucky afterward, but it's just so dang convenient!

(And yummy at the time!)

McDonald's is typically the restaurant of choice (the kid's, not mine)...and, our pickin's are slim around here.

But, well...I guess I should work on this.

Grody.

Blech.

But...man alive! Mickey D's as some yummy coffee drinks (that I forgot to mention in #2!!)!

----------------------------

There ya have it, my friends! Looking forward to reading your 5QF answers!!

Have a fabulous weekend!!



MckLinky Blog Hop


Comments

  1. Oh thank goodness I am not the only mom that hits up the fast food joints weekly!! And yes Hardees are still around (unfortunatly...IMO they should be shut down.. they are quite rough in these parts... obviously in your parts to! ;) So sorry you had a run in like that. Scary!

    Hope you and all your little have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, you read my mind. I literally JUST posted that I love french vanilla creamer and that the main reason I go to fast food places is because it's just so darn convenient.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hot Chocolate mix in the coffee! I'm so trying that! I've done chocolate syrup but never thought to do that.

    Just your story about getting beat up is enough to give me PTSD!

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. New follower from Friday Follow :)

    You can find me at

    http://silversavings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about your Hardee's experience...glad your parents followed the encouragement of the girls' parents and pressed charges.

    I hate bullies...one of the biggest fears I have about my children growing up - that they will have to deal with them. I don't know what I'd do if one of them turned out to BE a bully! UGH.

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YOur coffee sounds yummy...and my coffee cup is empty...hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you love coffee...sound like me. (you ever notice how we love others because they remind us of ourselves...we are all just self lovers, huh?)

    I remember Hardees!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! although the bully story, whoa! a little scary!! Thanks for the link up for my karaoke question =)

    I am following you now, Love the Friday 5 and your blog!! =)

    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  9. BTW, I was your 500th follower! Congrats, that's awesome!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. love your song choice, if i ever sang (which like you would have to involve lots of drinks) i, too, would choose a faith hill song-LOVE her!

    what a scary story about being beat up by random girls! yikes! hope they got in BIG trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We still have a Hardee'z around here :). Loved your post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. NIce to meet you and your blog. From Friday Follow

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ok...first of all those don't sound anything like coffee drinks...more like masterpieces!

    Second of all...the fast food thing...Know what you mean about the greasy things...but some joints are actually offering half way healthy food. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Following from Friday Follow. Please pop by my nest! www.mamabirdnest.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Found you through Friday Follow. I love reading mommy blogs and I'm definitely looking forward to reading yours. Have a great weekend and i hope you stop by and chck out my blog as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. this was so much fun
    i cant wait until next week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. ooo my goodness on #4 how traumatic! Glad you weren't seriously hurt.. and your at home coffee sounds like something I will need to try this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. New blogger here!

    http://toriebartee.wordpress.com/2010/02/26/five-question-friday/

    ReplyDelete
  19. GOod answers! Visiting and now following thanks to Friday Follow. Cute blog, can't wait to read more!!

    Hope you'll stop by and visit www.thedaysillremember.com!

    Thanks!
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yeah Hardees still exists and it is one of those places that we leave feeling bloated and sick.lol

    ReplyDelete
  21. hot chocolate in your coffee? why in the world haven't I thought of that.. I've been missing out!
    .. your fight story sounds terrible! Some people can be so ridiculous.. glad you escaped in one piece! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your blog post made my hungry. Wow that is horrible that happened to you. So tramatic.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I do so enjoy your 5 Question Fridays!!! I swear, one of these days, I WILL remember to participate- such a great meme ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. You don't want Esme, trust me. Our baby goat is names Esme.
    In short: tween, Twilight, her goat.
    New Friday Follower

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hey, I feel the same way as you do about MacDonald's!

    I'm stopping by from Friday Follow... Have a great weekend!
    http://fraizerbaz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy friday follow, I'm a new follower!
    Stop buy blissful babble soon :)
    Gods blessings on your weekend

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hello, new Friday Follower.

    Answers to your 5Q's

    1. Never, ever ever! I was a bartender that had to endear karoke night. I would never put someone through the tourcher of my singing :)

    2. Jack Daniels Coffee, its is strong, with no bitter taste, actually it has a great taste. I highly recomend it.

    3. My name is Angela, I don't LOVE it, but I could not imagine being anything but Angela.

    4. Was never bullied, I always befriended the bullies. If I was their friend they would not beat me up:)

    5. I hate to admit it, but I love fast food. I do eat it about twice a month.

    Angela
    http://nepastealsanddeals.blogspot.com/
    and
    http://debatethisponderthat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love 5 question Friday couldn't get it together today in the middle of two 12 hour shifts in a row. Oh wait you've been there except I think you still work full time right?? Not me I can't do it anymore hubby is gone way too much anyway.... We eat way too much fast food too and me and one of my best boy friends used to beat each other up on the bus all the time... Crazy I know.

    ReplyDelete
  29. OMG the Hardee's experience would have freaked me out too!!!!

    I am glad I'm not the only one that feels like crap after I eat fast food. It's so yummy when you're actually inhaling it though!

    ReplyDelete
  30. your answers always make me laugh,...well not you getting in a fight, but the description of it. keep up the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Loved all your answers! That fight at Hardee's is totally crazy! I remember there used to be a Hardee's in the biggest town closest to my hometown. I think we only ate there once, oh and they had a ball pit!

    Is "This Kiss" a popular karaoke song? I think I remember singing that one time in a drunken stupor.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Just popped over from Friday Follow and am your newest follower! I am expecting baby number 5 in about 6 weeks! Yikes! Thought you might have some pointers...

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great questions this week. I love the Karaoke answer, I giggled for your embarrassment about not giving up the mic.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Following u from Friday Follow!

    U can find me at http://itskerrysworld.blogspot.com!

    Ciao! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Just wanted to let you know that I have chosen you to be on my tribe! :) Read all about it here: http://brittanyciara.blogspot.com/2010/02/tribe-talk-022710.html

    Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Ah! I enjoy reading your answers! hahaha
    Whoohoo! Karaoke world, watch out!
    -love that you give narrative visual cues...I can see ya with said "tightly crossed fingers!"
    And yes Mama T does bring to ind heavy gold chains1 haha
    Oh! Goodness how old were you in the hardees incident? We actually have a hardees in our little town right on the corner of the first traffic light...in 5 years this town has grown, we actually now have 3 traffic lights.
    My hubby is doing goood staying away from fast food, however, I do grab a McD's double cheeseburger for lunch more often than I should, when I am at work.

    Blessings & Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Caribou is my favorite coffee place, too! Love the questions this week, I had fun reading yours and writing mine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hey, I was just hopping through in the Friday Follow, and got distracted by your Five Question Friday meme. I've copied the button, the MckLinky code and the questions and will now go away and post my answers before the MckLinky closes!..... Great fun!! :)

    I'm now following your fantastic blog!

    Have a great weekend!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Happy Monday!!! I am still trying to catch up on Friday Follow!!!! Have a great week!!!

    Sarah

    sarahsblogoffun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte