Skip to main content

Five Question Friday! 6/25/10


Ahhhhhhh...it's Friday!!

I'm feeling a good weekend comin' on...a massage with my bestie tomorrow, a grad party, some photography and nuthin' but family...oh, and Five Question Friday to start it all off!!


Welcome! If you've never participated before...jump on in!! You'll enjoy it, I promise! Scouts honor. *raises two fingers*

I was thinking of vloggin' it today...but there are just too many links/YouTube videos I want to include...and I'm quite certain you don't want to hear THAT much singing from me. (*whispers* Trust me! You don't!!)

Let's get started, shall we?!

Rules for 5QF: Copy and paste the following questions to your blog post. Answer them, then c'mon back and link up! If you don't have a blog, but would like to play along, feel free to leave your answers in the comments of this post, or any post along the way!

Questions for Friday, June 25th (TWENTY-FIFTH???? When did that happen???): (Special thanks to Jill [whose question I chose, 'cuz I know the Crayon Wrangler vlogs and plays instruments...hint hint...], inspiration from Liz, inspiration from Pam, Emily, and Luis! If you'd like to be linked in a future Five Question Friday, c'mon over to my community and offer up your best question suggestions!)

1. Do you know how to play a musical instrument?

2. What is your pet peeve while driving?

3. Would you rather have a housekeeper or unlimited spa services?

4. Is there a song that you hear that will take you back to the moment, like a junior high or high school dance?

5. What song best represents your life right now?

-------------------------------------------

1. Do you know how to play a musical instrument?

That's a big NO to the Oh!

I used to...with "play" being used very loosely here. I started off playing the clarinet in elementary school. I sucked. It was bad. My poor parents.

Again...I think I must've been axed from the will LONG before iCarly-gate.

In 6th grade, I thought it'd be a whole lot cooler to play the drums (it was...until I had to march with that sucker on...then it was nuthin' but a whole lotta HOT! And, that's not to be confused with HAWT.)!

In High School, yes, we had a marching band...and we weren't half bad, if I do say so myself! We did all sorts of moving our feet and shuffling around, all the while keeping a beat. For a clumsy girl like myself...I'm surprised I didn't kill myself doing it!

Well...actually...I almost did. Kinda.

In 10th grade, we went to LA for a parade (if my memory serves me correctly, Kirk Cameron was on a float just a couple in front of us. *swoon* Be still my teenage heart...or, wait...was it Joey McIntyre?). Part of the "fun" part of that trip included a trip to Arabian Nights.

Arabian Nights was (is? Is it still around?) this cool restaurant set in medieval times where you eat a whole Cornish game hen and watch dudes try to poke each other off their horses with a big long stick. Coolness...

'Cept, I was allergic to horses. Like...major. Think...I later carried an epi-pen, kind of reactions. Wheezy, difficulty breathing...the whole 9 yards.

So, I was getting all tight and wheezy in the arena, and my good friend, who was also allergic to horses but happened to have one, yes, just ONE, Benadryl with her that she took (and she didn't even offer to split it) ;), she and I kept going in and out of the arena...which apparently makes your reaction worse? (Or so I was told...)

Well, turns out, that at one point I was sitting down trying to catch my breath, and an employee sees me and goes to get the oxygen, the show ends shortly there after, and our band instructor files out and sees me sitting down getting oxygen (I think it was supposed to make the reaction better?).

They get me all squared away, and bring me back to the hotel where I call my mom who gets concerned...then I see my face in the mirror.

I looked possessed.

Never ever ever ever NEVER have I seen eyes as red as mine were. Were talkin' the whites, baby...RED.

I felt like a freak.

But, I lived...and that's what counts, right? Right??? Please, tell the 15 year old girl trapped inside of me that it didn't matter that I looked like a FREAK 'cuz I was alive. And that's what matters.

Please. Tell her. So she'll shut up.

Our trip ended, we went back home...

And I promptly quit band 'cuz I was really only in it for the trip.

2. What is your pet peeve while driving?

Whoa Nelly!! Don't get me started!

I've got a bazillion! Liz's original question was about walking or running when a car waves you through (as a pedestrian). It drives me BANANAS when people stroll across the road...like I've got all the time in the world.

HELLO!!! I just did you a favor you inconsiderate dummy head!!! MOVE IT!

My biggest driving pet peeve, though? (Ooooooh, this one REALLY gets me...) Is when I'm at the tail end of a group of cars...and there is NO one behind me (OR, a really large gap) but yet some dummy head (probably the same one who strolls across the street when I'm nice enough to let them in...) decides to pull out in front of me.

If I had road rage, and I don't, but IF I did...I would yank that person out of their car, drag them back to mine and show them my van full of children (gee, wouldn't that be a great example?!), whose lives he/she just endangered.

Idiots. Be patient. Your time will come, and unless you are either A. Rushing to the hospital for some emergency or B. Rushing to the hospital for some emergency...cool your jets and wait your turn.

*stepping off soap box...wiping sweat from brow*

3. Would you rather have a housekeeper or unlimited spa services?

Wait...that's not fair!! SO not fair.

I choose C. Both.

Amen.

End of story.

I rest my case.

Case closed.

*GINORMOUS sigh*

Okay, okay...

So...I think I'd go with the housekeeper. Since my house is in need of some major keeping...I think my husband would appreciate my decision.

In fact *insert devious grin here*, perhaps he would SO appreciate my selfless decision to go with a housekeeper, that HE would insist on letting me indulge in unlimited spa services!

Muahahahahahahaha!!! *strumming fingers together*

4. Is there a song that you hear that will take you back to the moment, like a junior high or high school dance?

Oh YES! Many!! The main one is this:



That song takes me right back to 10th grade(ish)...and one particular boyfriend that shall remain nameless for security purposes or something.

It really is an AWESOME song, isn't it?!

The other one...is Angel Eyes, by Jeff Healey. When I hear that song, I am immediately transported to a hot, middle school gym where I am dancing (stiff armed) with some sweaty, teenage boy.

Ahhhhh...the memories...

5. What song best represents your life right now?

There's two...

One of which I'm sure will get a bazillion and one mentions today. Er...ah...wait. Do a bazillion and one people participate in 5QF? I think not.

Let's go with no fewer than 10 people will mention it...that's more appropriate. ;)

"It" is: Just Another Day in Paradise, by Phil Vassar! Like, totally, DUH! I think this song came out about the time Mr. Wonderful and I got hitched. It was like it was written for us!

Great tune...

My other pick would be "Wonderful World" by Louie Armstrong. I am hoping, that when my boys get married, our "Mother-Son" dance will be to this song.

Oh, great.

Now I'm tearing up.

(PS...You have GOT to click this link to see something totally amazing set to that song. I'm not gonna tell you what it is, 'cuz you'll think it sounds weird...but just WAIT 'til you see it!)

-------------------------------------

Alright, my dear ones...time for YOU to link up!



Comments

  1. Great 5QF!! Your band story is hilarious... and I am totally confident that your eyes were really no big deal. I bet nobody even noticed ;)

    Hope you and your sweet family have a fabulous weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Friday!

    LOL at your possessed eyes story :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I didn't know there could be an option C to the housekeeper / spa question! :) I would have chosen both too.

    If my band had done trips in high school I probably would have stayed in it just for that. Instead I gave up the music (for a while) and went to art class instead.

    Happy Friday! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been a looooong time! So, I thought I'd grace ya with my presence. Love ya and yes, there will be a get together soon! Miss you and your bestie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahahaha ... sorry still laughing at your band story :-)

    wonderful answers ... ok, now I'm requesting you visit mine b/c I embarrassed myself on there ... for you and your stupid question.

    It's so bad, my husband watched it and wouldn't even mention b/c it wasn't worth mentioning lol!

    Have a wonderful Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that Clint Black song! It makes me think of one particular ex as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank goodness you don't have road rage :). Great Qs. Thanks.
    That utube video was too much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. your driving pet peeve made me think of another one I have-- people who pull out in front of you, then go like 10 below the speed limit. It's like "hello dude... you just sped up to get in front of me, and now you're going to act like a turtle???" Ughh. I always give them the stinky eye when I pass them after I switch lanes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The hand puppets were pretty cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The driving pet peeve question has me all sorts of worked up. I think I need to seek counseling for my road rage. Or go take an Atavan to calm the flip down...

    ps: That shadow puppet guy must have spent a lot of time alone in a dark room. Impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i'm so glad you picked my 'which song takes you back' question.

    i am also glad that i am not the only person that hears a song and goes right back to those hot gym floor dances hoping someone would ask me to dance! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh angel eyes - how I had forgotten --- sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE Clint Black! I saw him in concert a few months ago!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay! I love five question friday-and I actually participated this friday. I'm a first timer and could not figure out if I was doing it right-so heres to hoping that it worked! Enjoy this humid weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just so you know, I would have jabbed an epi pen into your leg to save your life.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great five questions this week. I loved that you tube video my son thought that was "neat".

    ReplyDelete
  17. Woo hoo! Thanks for picking one of my questions :)

    I am with you the road rage. I hate it when someone pulls out right in front of me when there is nobody behind me. I just drives me insane. You seriously couldn't have waited five seconds, buddy?

    And I hope you don't mind a male crashing your party here on FQF :/

    PS Class of '93 :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte