Skip to main content

Lions and Tigers and Bears


OH MY!

Okay, I lied. There will be no lions and/or tigers in this post...

But bears????


Ohhhhhhh...yes ma'am! (Or sir. I hate to exclude.)


Our recent adventure to the big city took us to the MinneSOOOta Zoo. Rained out baseball games made for a perfect excuse to visit the zoo...rainy days make for a very empty zoo...very empty zoos are, actually, quite fun to explore!


This guy is puzzled about why there are a bunch of weirdos staring at him when it's raining outside.

Then, things got nasty. The naughty one (on land) decided to walk up and cuff his brother (friend?) upside the head.


The friend (brother?) got angry and yelled.


The naughty one wasn't takin' any flack from his brother (friend?)...so he yelled back.


I felt right at home. In fact, I kinda wanted to jump in that cage, scold those bickering bears and put them in time out. But something about me, in a cage with Grizzly bears...well, let's just say that I don't think I could play dead very well.

Continuing on...we saw monkeys (or is it baboons? I dunno...some primate...) sucking on pacifiers.


Feel sorry for the poor sap who's riding home with a nukie-less kiddo...but was rather intrigued about how those monkeys knew just what to do with a pacifier!

We ran into Komodo Dragons, and Hambone was convinced that "that dragon ran out of fire".


I also discovered the problem with MinneSOOOOta:


Here is my family peering in a pool of something junglish. It was at about this time that my ADD kicked in and I was having a hard time focusing and staying on task (hence my waaaaaayyyyy ahead of them position)...and I can't remember for the life of me what was in that pool.


I was intending for this to be an "evolution of the zoo visitor" photo...until my youngest boy moved and wrecked the whole scene. At this point...I was nearly full on sprinting through the dang jungle and I didn't want to stop and recreate the scene.

I was B-O-R-E-D. With a capital B. Those dang animals don't do anything but stare back. Fer dumb. *I wanna go back to the bears!!!* At least they fight.


But then...

THEN?!!


SHOES!!!! Who knew there were shoes in zoos????

And, my day was made.

The end.


Comments

  1. I once went to the zoo and saw polar bears mating and the head mandrill taking care of a little somethin' somethin' on his own. No trip to the zoo will ever beat that one. Ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They should have at least let you try them on.. :)

    and lol @Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  3. The zoo here has been closed for almost 2 years now. It just reopened last month. But 2 summers ago we took the kids to the zoo back home. Oh. Oh..was it anything but boring. Every.Single.Animal was M.A.T.I.N.G. Or, um, hmmm....I really don't know how to say this LOL - helping themselves?? Yeahhhh. That was fun (not really) trying to explain to my kids. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man, my zoo must be boring compared to you all's! The only thing I ever see mating at the zoo is tortoises, and let me tell ya, they do THAT slow too! I think I am with you. The zoo bores me to tears, but it is worth it to see the kiddos' faces light up when I say that we are going to the zoo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a fun day at the zoo. I love to go when it's not busy. And shoes- who knew but super cute, although they don't look that comfortable. I love watching the bears "play".

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! You crack me up :) Glad you had a good time and found shoes :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am hoping to hit up the PA zoo when we visit in a couple of weeks. This gets me excited!!! I wonder if the PA has shoes too?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the bear pictures! Excellent shots!
    What a fun trip and...hello shoes...come to Momma.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the pictures of the bears!
    We have a membership to the Pittsburgh Zoo, and go all the time!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte