Skip to main content

Five Question Friday! 6/21/13

Happy "Official" First Day of Summer!! In 6 months, we'll all be scurrying around trying to finish our Christmas "To Do" Lists!


Sorry. ;)


Hoping for a beautiful day...would love to take the kids for another jump in the river!


Welcome to Five Question Friday!! You've come to the right place if you discovered your muses are relaxing and don't want you to bother them. 

Rules for 5QF: Copy and paste the following questions to your blog post, answer them, then watch for the linky post to appear Friday morning and LINK UP! 


Oh, and remember (pay close attention...this is the important one)...HAVE FUN!


Questions for Friday, June 21st: (Special thanks to 
Pam (@trooppetrie) from Troop Petrie, Juli (@kneatfreak) from The Pickle to MeJennifer (@JenniferOvery) from The Days of a SAHM, Brooke (@hallbro) from Brooke and Michael and me for these 5QF question suggestions! I would love to link you in a future 5QF, so follow me on Twitter (@5crookedhalos) and/or like my Facebook page and watch for my Thursday shout out plea for questions! Remember to @5crookedhalos me and use hashtag #5QF if you go the Twitter route!)


1. Have you ever been robbed and how did you handle it?

2. What do you do at a kids function when Parents don't behave? Meaning they are the ones being impatient and rude.

3. Have you heard of a potty party? Will you/have you had one for your child(ren)?

4. How young do you think kids should be when they start taking swim lessons?

5. What makes you happy?


----------------------------------------------------


1. Have you ever been robbed and how did you handle it?

Thank God, NO. I haven't. I know that I need to do the "copy your credit card" and keep it handy so that I can cancel them in the event of theft, but I keep forgetting.


I have heard SO MANY people getting robbed or mugged and it FREAKS ME OUT. 


2. What do you do at a kids function when Parents don't behave? Meaning they are the ones being impatient and rude.

Oh, this is a hard one. I would probably passive aggressively frown at them but not confront them because, CONFRONTATION?! Oh no. Can not do.


Mama + confrontation = Not gonna happen.


Now, if you're being rude to my child? I've recently found my inner b-word and oh, hell yeah, I will say something. Just ask the dressing room Nazi at Aeropostale.


He'll tell ya.


3. Have you heard of a potty party? Will you/have you had one for your child(ren)?

Um. What's a potty party?


Like, we all get together and pee on a potty chair? Shout and whoop it up when the kiddo pees on the potty?


People are weird, nowadays. How about, buy your kid a matchbox car and give 'em a high five when they take a digger on the pot. A party?!


Really?


So, yeah...no, haven't and would not have a potty party for my child, if indeed, that is what a potty party is!


4. How young do you think kids should be when they start taking swim lessons?

I guess I don't have a specific age in mind. I was never one of those that was for taking your infant to swimming lessons...it always kinda creeped me out when I'd see photos of wide eye'd babies under water, but meh. To each their own.


I DO believe that at some point, ALL children should have lessons. Water safety is so important.


My kids are "catching up" with lessons...the oldest two got a little behind, what with mama being busy with little ones, but now Belle is caught up, Pal is a decent swimmer just by exposure and with the one or two sessions of lessons that he had.


He started balking at lessons when he was 4-5 years older than the rest of kids in his group! Bad mama, he has.



5. What makes you happy?

My kids. My husband. The sound of rain on my roof top at bedtime. A swim in the river. Sour patch kids. Fun music. Friends. Twitter. New babies. Sunshine. Flip flop tan lines. Kids chattering in their beds. Baseball. Church. God. Cucumbers. My "new" room. Dreams.


------------------------------------------


Have a wonderful weekend!!




Comments

  1. I do have a great potty song. Go to youtube and type in poopsmith. The song is poop in the potty. LOVE IT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, alas, Mama M, we are so much alike. Enjoyed this week's questions and playing along with 5QF. I love your nonconfrontation formula. Ditto! I hope you and your kids enjoy another splash in the lake...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have great blog. :) I think you should create your own website with a Free .Com domain and One year webhosting at HostUG. It will just cost you $23 Per Year. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte