Skip to main content

So, There's This Book...

I still remember when I stumbled upon her blog...it was a post about when she was in church, looked down and caught a glimpse of her "girls". It was a proud moment for her...and the way she so candidly talked about her "assets" within the story, I had to laugh.

And I was hooked.

Leah Campbell, author of the blog "Single, Infertile Female" has penned a book by a similar name, "Single, Infertile Female: Adventures in Love, Life and Infertility". She contacted me and asked me if I'd be interested in reviewing it and having followed her blog since that fateful day when she spoke so lovingly of her tots, I, of course, said "YES!!".



The book "Single, Infertile Female" tells the heart wrenching, funny, brutally honest story of how Leah (or, "SIF", as I know her!) had her fertility taken from her by the horrible disease, endometriosis. As a young, single woman who knew, deep in her heart, that she wanted to be a mother and seeing her biological clock frantically spinning because of the destruction the disease was causing in her body, she took matters into her own hands and dove, head first, into fertility treatments to try to bear the child she so desperately wanted.

She walks us through her dating life, takes us on the emotional rollercoaster of IVF, and gives us an honest and transparent look at the toll fertility treatments can take on not only a woman's body, but also on her heart and her mind.

Her story is well told, emotional, and gripping. While we might not all agree with the path she took on her quest for motherhood, I think we can all agree that her story is well written and quick to draw the reader in.

I know the ending to Leah's story...the ending beyond the book, and I am so happy to see where she is at in life! So very, VERY happy for her. :) (How's THAT for a cliff hanger?)

(***Disclaimer: Leah provided me with a free copy of her book to review. I was not compensated for a positive review. All thoughts expressed are my own and are the ding dang truth. Above link to her book is an Amazon link, but I am not an Amazon affiliate. Over 'n out.)



Comments

  1. I'm waiting for it to be available on NOOK :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought the book the day it was available on amazon and couldn't wait to get through it. I found your blog through Leah and I am glad that I did!

    I loved the book and only put it down due to being at work or being so tired (early pregnancy) I was falling asleep. I forced myself awake many times to continue reading as I too was gripped. It is a wonderful book and I hope many many more people read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tend to use iBooks for my book purchases now. Do you know if she is available on iBooks? I'd love to purchase her book. My sister-in-law has endo and they had to remove both of her tubes. They are now going through IVF - this will be their third IVF attempt and if this doesn't work, they will try with donor eggs. It's been a very difficult journey for them, but I just know they will have a baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I managed to snag it on my Kindle one of the days it was free on Amazon. I LOVE it. Couldn't put it down! I've followed her blog for a few years as well. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I grabbed it on Kindle too. OMG! I loved it! I am a teacher, and I would read it standing in the hallways between classes "watching" the students! Everyone wanted to know what I was reading.... I think some of the teachers were adding it to their personal summer reading lists.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm no longer sure where you are getting your information, however good topic. I must spend a while studying more or figuring out more. Thank you for fantastic information I used to be searching for this information for my mission.

    Review my blog :: グッチ 財布

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved the book! I really hope she writes a second one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte