Skip to main content

Attack Of the Ginormous Ant

The other night, I was >thisclose< to being asleep when I felt something on my shoulder. I brushed at it, and in the moonlight, saw something dark move on my bed.

GAH!!!! I sat up quickly and flicked on my bedside lamp and saw...nothing. "Huh, that's weird." I thought when suddenly, from under one of the pillows, the biggest, blackest, most gigantic ant I've ever seen in my life scurried out, RIGHT FOR ME.

You know how they say that ants can carry, like, a thousand times their body weight? Well, I'm convinced that that ant was trying to carry me away, back to his queen where they'd perform some sort of human sacrifice ritual for the ant gods.

Anyway, I gasped, fearful for my life, and smacked my dead to the world, sound asleep husband, who woke in a stupor and began hitting the bed in an attempt to get the creature that was about to steal his wife in the still of the night. Only, instead of actually making contact with the ant, he'd hit near it, it would bounce up, move a little bit, fall on it's back, try to get away, all the while my dear sweet hubby kept attempting to kill the dang thing.

I think, in his not quite awake state, that he must've seen about 8 ants, the way he was willy nilly smacking at the bed.

I finally squeaked out, "JUST GRAB IT!!!" (Okay, it was more of a SCREAM.) He listened to me, grabbed it, and threw it on the floor...and then stood there, staring at it and scratching his head. "SQUISH IT WITH A SHOE!!!!" I squeaked again (and by "squeak", I mean...well, see above), instead, know what he did?

HE WALKED OUT OF THE ROOM.

The nerve.

But, he quickly came back with some toilet paper, snatched up that (apparently injured and not moving fast...I guess he must've hit it with all that willy nilly bed smacking) would be kidnapper ant and flushed him down the toilet.

Saving his princess from a certain demise.

Then, he came back to bed, and promptly fell back into a deep and peaceful sleep...while I slept with one eye open and kept feeling like something was crawling on me all night. In fact, scratch that "I slept"...'cuz I don't think I slept a wink.

Sometimes, I wish I could sleep like a man.


Comments

  1. LOL Thanks for the chuckle this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ant killers! LOL!!
    The kids and I have officially trained hubby not to even kill the little insects that mistakenly make their way into our home! ;)

    Glad you are ant free!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Men crack me up how they can just go back to sleep

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha! Man, its funny about sleeping like a man, my husband lately gets horrible sleep, but when the kids were newborns, he slept like a rock. Go figure! Anyway hilarious story!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte