Skip to main content

In the Kitchen with Gram...Chicken Fajitas!

Update: Well, you're never going to believe who won...I can hardly believe it myself! I took my 24 entries (well, technically there were 25, but one was some Chinese spam hoodlum, so I took him out) to random.org and plugged in my numbers and here's what it came up with:


Number 14. Guess who is "Number 14"? Kate!! Yes, my blog friend Kate won. I almost felt guilty that she won...then I figured, hey, it was fair and square and a deal is a deal! So, CONGRATS Kate! I'll get your super fabulous marinating dish out to you soon!

Original post:
Raise your hand if you like Chicken Fajitas *raises hand SUPER high in the air and gives it a little wave, too*. Yum. Chicken Fajitas make the world go round.

When you have a Chicken Fajita, all is right with the world.


Or, you know, all is right with supper. ;)


This recipe is a super easy recipe...quick, too, the way we did it, although, I'd love to try the chicken and veggies grilled!


Are you ready for some delicious eats? Then read on!


First up, make your marinade with these guys:




Plus salt...and garlic, which I forgot to put in the picture 'cuz I'm super on the ball like that.

Then, grab your chicken breasts and put them in your handy dandy Tupperware marinating thingamajig. 




Oh, what's that you say? You don't have a Tupperware marinating thingamajig? Well, read on and I'll tell you all about how you can win one! From little ol' me. Just 'cuz I like you.



Anyway...moving on...

Pour some marinade over the chicken (I did more than the recipe called for because I really wanted them to be bathing in it, reserving some for the veggies, later.


After your chicken has marinated for several hours, cut up some onions and (super gorgeous!!) peppers:






 And, remember that reserved marinade I mentioned above? Throw the peppers and onions together and pour the marinade over them, toss to coat.




 Now for the "super easy" part of this recipe...microwaving the meal. Zap your chicken until it's done...took us 18 minutes for 8 boneless, skinless split breasts. 



When that's done, zap your veggies for about 8 minutes, then..."Assemble da minions!!" (Name that movie...) And, actually, we're assembling fajita fixings, not minions.




Slice the chicken, across the grain, into thin strips:



And lay out the veggies and chicken on a platter for easy assembling!



Create the fajita of your dreams:




And then feed them to your hungry:



Very happy:



And much impressed family!



Enjoy!



So, want to know how you can try to win that handy Tupperware marinating container? I thought so!
Just leave me a comment on this post. Any old comment is fine! For an extra entry, pin this recipe (just click the "Pin It" button below!) and leave me another comment telling me you pinned it!
Winner announced Monday, June 17th!

Gram's Chicken Fajitas


Marinade:
1 can frozen limeade
1/2 cup oil
1/3 cup tequila (feel free to leave out if booze isn't your thing!)
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 T sugar
2 cloves garlic-minced
salt and pepper
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin

Combine together in bowl, whisking well.

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 medium (each) green, yellow, and red pepper-sliced
1 medium onion-sliced into half circles
8" flour tortillas (8-10)
Fajita fixings, such as:
Shredded lettuce
Tomatoes
Cheese
Salsa
Sour cream



Place chicken breasts in container, pour at least 1 cup of marinade over chicken breasts and marinate at least 4 hours, or overnight. Turning occasionally.
When read to serve, microwave (on high) chicken breasts, in marinade, in 6 minute increments, turning occasionally, until no longer pink in the middle (for 8 chicken breasts-we doubled the recipe-it took 18 minutes). Slice into thin strips, cutting against grain.
Pour at least 1/4 cup of marinade over veggies and microwave (on high) for 8 minutes, or until onions are translucent and peppers have softened slightly.
Heat tortillas according to directions on package. Grab a tortilla, pile on the chicken, veggies and your favorite fajita fixings and enjoy!


Comments

  1. I definitely want to try the marinating dish! It looks fantastic! Also, chicken/steak fajitas are my favorite food! I never thought to microwave them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just pinned this recipe as well! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I love chicken fajitas, can't wait to try this. I pinned this too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the look on everyones face shows how much they love it. my kids love when they can make there own

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never tried chicken cooked in the microwave..but this looks yummy so I will have to try it!!
    !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love fajitas but also had never tried microwaving them! If I could figure out how to pin it I would! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. For how full my cupboards are, I can't believe a marinating dish is not in there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The recipe looks easy and it sounds delicious! I never knew a marinating dish existed. Super cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The marinade recipe sounds good. I'd have never thought of that myself

    angwith4 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Tupperware like I love air. And m&ms. And YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look fantastical. I always look forward to your yummy recipes :)
    And can I get an AMEN for a beautiful day in The Land of 10,000 Lakes?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh these look soooooooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. this junior nursing student needs new ways to cook! would love this!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the recipe, great idea to microwave it!
    Abby

    ReplyDelete
  15. sounds yummy and most important....EASY!!! I would love one of those tupperware things

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for another yummy recipe! My husband would love the marinating dish for his grilling creations!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I never thought to microwave the chicken and veggies....I usually bake ours. Will definitely have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I meant to try this, but forgot the lime Ade. Soon!

    amy_mcmommy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte