Skip to main content

Five Question Friday! 6/8/12

You have GOT to be kidding me.


Finally get family photos set up. First ones ever of ENTIRE family...and I come home to...


Are you ready for this?


I come home to a Baby Girl who cut her hair. CUT. HER. HAIR. 







And, not in the back. Not on the sides...right SMACK dab in the front. Short, non-hipsterish, chunky bangs.


Excuse me for a moment...


ARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


To top it off, her 6 year old brother (who knows better) watched her do it.


Gee-freakin'-rate.


Anyway...excuse my rant. Now, let's see if I can calm down enough to write this bad boy...



Welcome to Five Question Friday!! You've come to the right place if you want a fun, easy post or if you've suddenly discovered your muses are out on the deck sipping on summer cocktails and refusing to be bothered.

Rules for 5QF: Copy and paste the following questions to your blog post, answer them, then watch for the linky post to appear Friday morning and LINK UP!

Oh, and remember (pay close attention...this is the important one)...HAVE FUN!

Questions for Friday, June 8th: (Special thanks to Gas Family (@gasfamily) from The Gas Family, Mrs. E Schmitz (@emschmitz) from They Call Me Mama, Erin (@emenchho1) from The Life and Times of E1, Kate (@katieb38) from Kate's World and Sandy (@PardonMyDust) fromPardon My Dust (who just found out she's expecting a GIRL!!) for their question suggestions! I would love to link you in a future 5QF, so come on over to my community or watch for my Thursday afternoon shout out for questions on Twitter and offer up your best question suggestions! Remember to @5crookedhalos me and use hashtag #5QF if you go the Twitter route!)


1. Did you do anything special for your kids on the last day of school? Or did you parents do anything special for you?


2. What's your favorite summer tradition with your children?


3. What was your favorite thing to do during the summer as a kid?


4. How old were you when you were married? Were you a Bridezilla?


5. What is your favorite girl name? (I'm needing suggestions.)



----------------------------------------------------


1. Did you do anything special for your kids on the last day of school? Or did you parents do anything special for you?

Well, kinda. Usually I am so excited to get them home that I'm all about celebrating, so we usually do something. This year we went to our favorite local pizza place and then to the DQ after.



Wait...did I tell you my baby cut her hair? Oh, I did? Okay, nevermind. (Focus Mama, focus...)

2. What's your favorite summer tradition with your children?

We actually have a few summer traditions that I love...first is our annual Valleyfair trip that we take with the WHOLE family toward the end of summer (more on this soon, but we just got to go on Tuesday! So, it'll be twice this year!)



Then, we have our annual family reunion weekend at this awesome little "retreat" that I have really come to look forward to! This is also at the end of summer, kind of marks the last "hurrah" of summer.


I can't say I have a favorite, 'cuz I love them all! They're all family centric events that are so much and thoroughly enjoyed by my kiddos!


Oh my gosh...have I mentioned yet that my DEAR SWEET baby girl cut her...oh, wait. I did? Sorry...


3. What was your favorite thing to do during the summer as a kid?

Play outside. From the moment I woke up until the moment I groaned when I heard my mom call, "IT'S TIME TO COME IN!!!!!", we played outside. Ran around the neighborhood. Rode our bikes to the dam to walk across the river. Biked to the zoo. Played with neighbors.



Fun, fun stuff.


Speaking of outside, you might have heard that my baby cut her hair...wait, nevermind. I guess it has nothing to do with outside.

4. How old were you when you were married? Were you a Bridezilla?

I was a whopping 24 years old. Just turned, actually. (And, I'm convinced it's the perfect age to get married. Of course.)



As far as me being a Bridezilla...gosh. Do people recognize when they are Bridezillas? 'Cuz I don't think I was. Only, I hate to say, "Oh no. Nuh uh, no way was I a Bridezilla.", and then have my bridesmaids all roll their eyes in exasperation when they read that 'cuz maybe they'd be all "OH YEAH?!"


I don't think I was a Bridezilla. I'm pretty laid back and don't remember getting worked up about anything, really, with wedding plans, so I'm gonna go with "No, Meredith. I was NOT a Bridezilla. Final answer."


PS...Babyzilla cut her hair. Have I told you?

5. What is your favorite girl name? (I'm needing suggestions.)



I would normally answer with my baby's name...but, since I don't share those tidbits here and, since she's on my pooplist right now (she cut her hair!! GAH. Can you believe it?!), her name isn't my favorite.


So...I'll go with these: Cecily. Isla. And, I can't think anymore. All my mind comes up with right now are short choppy "bangs"...pretty much this, but worse:




Somebody, help me. What the heck am I gonna do about family photos tomorrow?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Headband it? 


I wanna cry.


------------------------------------------------


Ugh. Have a great weekend...I'll let you know how pictures go. Wish me luck.



Comments

  1. I am so sorry your darling CUT HER HAIR! I can completely relate: my darling just turned 10 and I remember the day her BROTHER cut her hair with nail scissors when she was two. My kids still remember me kneeling in the hair, crying... And my husband still tells the story every time we think of it. Paybacks.

    Have a better week :-)

    Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son cut his hair right before my cousin's wedding - right down to the scalp in the middle of his forehead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh bless you. I would be LIVID if my kids cut their hair before family pics. Hopefully 20 years from now you can embarrass the heck out of her with the picture of her chop job :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. GAH! BABY GIRL!!!! Seriously?!?!? Ok...really, M...how bad? I need pictures. Really. Then I can give you advice.

    You know, I cut my hair when I was little. My dad was watching me (of course, this happens on dad's watches), and I was cutting my doll's hair. So...he takes away the doll. Leaving me with the urge to cut and a pair of scissors. Yep.

    And I didn't leave hardly anything of the front of my hair. Just about scalped it. Which made me enter the world of the BIG LONG HEAVY bangs to cover the little fro I gave myself up front. It was awesome.

    No, really...I want pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My sister did this when we were kids. My mom was NOT happy. :) And... my sister would cut off my Barbie doll's hair off. :/ My mom finally started hiding the scissors. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all, I demand Babyzilla pictures immediately.

    Secondly, I cut mine own hairs right before my dance pictures. Mine Mama had already chosen her package, so in our childhood home, to this day, is a HUGE picture of four year-old me, perfectly poised in my leotard, pointing my tap-clad toe, smiling ear-to-ear, with a cute bob and bangs cut to the nub. I was mortified. But today it's one of our favorite stories, favorite pictures, and it's a great laugh EVERY time. At my expense of course.

    So fear not, Mama. If you don't go for pro, at least snap some good pictures. These are the things life is made of ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no!!!! I'm sorry she cut her hair!
    Dang, I was hoping to get your kids names out of the last question. I am dying to know what they are! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. At least she didn't cut her ear or poke herself in the eye! Yes, a headband or a cute clip or something. It will grow back, just not in time for the family photo.

    Those are cute names you like! I like Natalie, Megan, Leah, Caroline, Isabel, and Sophia.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Take the family photo with Baby Girl as-is...she could just as easily succumbed to one of those other visual afflictions like face-plant off her bike or come out all in spots...the as-is photo is a milestone in family time and also gives you some easily pointed-at moral high ground...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Take the pictures with her just the way she is. It will be a funny memory to look back on.

    ReplyDelete
  11. barrettes on each side of her part maybe? Hope everything turns out ok!!! -Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  12. Listen, Justin had the most beautiful curls and in kindergarten (totally old enough to know better) he gave himself a mullet ... A MULLET!!! It was a Sunday night, the hubs was out of town and I ran all over looking for a place to fix it before school the next day. I SO wish I had pics of it now. You will be glad you have them one day ;p

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte