Skip to main content

Five Question Friday!! 6/15/12

It's gonna be a fun-filled weekend! City festivals, parades, fireworks, weddings and FATHER'S DAY!! 




Speaking of...have you checked out the details for the "2012 Mr. Wonderfulest Contest"? The linky post will open tonight for those of you who are "on the ball"...unlike me.



Looking forward to family time!


Okay, let's get busy...



Welcome to Five Question Friday!! You've come to the right place if you want a fun, easy post or if you've suddenly discovered your muses are confused about whether they should wear shorts or pants.

Rules for 5QF: Copy and paste the following questions to your blog post, answer them, then watch for the linky post to appear Friday morning and LINK UP!

Oh, and remember (pay close attention...this is the important one)...HAVE FUN!

Questions for Friday, June 15th: (Special thanks to Melissa (@Melissa_M80), Tricia (@mamamarchand) from Mama Marchand's Nest, Pam (@trooppetrie) from Troop Petrie, Lindsey (@bloggerlinds) from A Dollop of My Life, and Tonya (@Tonyamaries) from The Heart Desires for their question suggestions! I would love to link you in a future 5QF, so come on over to my community or watch for my Thursday afternoon shout out for questions on Twitter and offer up your best question suggestions! Remember to @5crookedhalos me and use hashtag #5QF if you go the Twitter route!)

1. Would you grow your hair out to donate it?

2. What song makes you think of summer?

3. Are you a flip flops or sandals kind of person?

4. Favorite summer treat (ie ice cream, snow cones, etc)?

5. Do you do something special for the father of your children?

---------------------------------------

1. Would you grow your hair out to donate it?

Well, it sounds good on paper, but the reality is, my hair doesn't grow too terribly fast and I get tired of grown out hair cuts quickly, so I probably wouldn't make it.

Also, don't you have to have "virgin" hair? As in "unprocessed in any way"?

'Cuz if we're talking hair virginity, mine is sorta the class slut.

It get's a nice color treatment every 8 or so weeks and lemme tell ya, I can NOT go without that.

So, hair donation? Looks like no. But I like the idea!

2. What song makes you think of summer?

"Barefoot Bluejean Night"...LOVE that song! Already it conjures so many great memories of jumping off my parent's dock with my kids.

I love how music brings back memories so quickly...like Eric Church's "Springsteen" says, "Funny how a melody sounds like a memory"...so, so true!!!

3. Are you a flip flops or sandals kind of person?

Oh, dear. flip flops ALL. THE. WAY. I've tried Keens, but unless they're cute, dressy sandals to go with a specific outfit, I'm much more prone to be found in flippy floppies.

They are my summer staple.

And I love them with all my heart. Amen. 

4. Favorite summer treat (ie ice cream, snow cones, etc)?

Well, it's not really much of a treat, but it's definitely "summer specific" in our climate so I'll go with it...

Iced Coffee.

LOVE it.

Also, I love Bomb Pops something fierce. The flavor, yes...but mostly the TEXTURE! They're like a more solid ICEE or something. 

Do you remember slush pops? They were rectangular shaped in grape, cherry and orange flavors? Those popsicles were so yummy and had the same texture as Bomb Pops.

Mmmmmmmm...now I want one.

5. Do you do something special for the father of your children?

Well, I buy a gift for him from the kiddos, and I usually try to pick up a card from me and one from the kids as well. 

At this point in our lives, I've realized that Mother's/Father's Day isn't so much about us as it is about our parents, since our kids can't be independent in their celebration of their fabulous parents just yet.

So, for now...it's celebrations with our parents and deciding how to navigate visits with each set of parents...

-----------------------------------------------

Okay...I hope y'all have a fabulous weekend and a wonderful Father's Day! Don't forget to enter your Father's Day post in the Mr. Wonderfulest contest!




Comments

  1. I forgot that you had to have 'virgin' hair to donate it, hah that counts me out too! My natural hair color, dirty dishwater blond, is so bland - I have to spice it up!

    I am definitely craving some snow cones and icees now! Haha!

    I finally decided to join in :) Loved the questions this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't think about Iced Coffee. Definitely an essential (I say as I sip on one now) Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, Barefoot Bluejean Night; I love that song, and it didn't even cross my mind when I was answering! And Springsteen is one of my newest favorites, so you're two for two with me on the music!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WEll, I looked up Locks of Love, and according to their website, colored hair is fine, bleached hair is NOT. and colored hair isn't acceptable if it is dyed over bleached hair.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte