Skip to main content

Five Question Friday!! 12/2/11


So, last week I was on the verge of vomiting when I wrote my 5QF answers (aren't you sooooo glad you know that?!)...but, since I like vomiting as much as I like the devil, I fought it away. As you could tell, last week's answers were a bit...well, short.


Not my usual blab and blather.

But LUCKY FOR YOU I feel great this week! Yay! Happy dance!! Mama's back to blab and blathering!! Woo hoo!! Wait. Why aren't you happy dancing?

Great. Now I look like an idiot for celebrating by myself.

Anyway (see how quickly I got over that?!), I have quite the story to tell you. Yes about dogS, why do ask?

But first, we've gotta do Five Question Friday!

Welcome to Five Question Friday!! (Or, at least the "sneak peek" of it!) You've come to the right place if you want a fun, easy, silly post or if you've suddenly discovered your muses have been eaten by naughty dogs.

Rules for 5QF: Copy and paste the following questions to your blog post, answer them, then watch for the linky post to appear (that'll be the post with my answers!) Friday morning and LINK UP!

Oh, and remember (pay close attention...this is the important one)...HAVE FUN!

Questions for Friday, December 2nd (speaking of December, who stole my November?!): (Special thanks to Sandy, Sharayha, @emilywickham, @trooppetrie and Lorilynne for their question suggestions! I would love to link you in a future 5QF, so come on over to my community or watch for my Thursday afternoon shout out for questions on Twitter and offer up your best question suggestions! Remember to @5crookedhalos me and use hashtag #5QF if you go the Twitter route!)

1. What is your favorite Christmas decoration in your house?

2. Do you finish your Christmas shopping early or are you a last minute type?

3. When do you turn on your heat?

4. Do you ever wish your blog was private?

5. Do you put your deodorant on before of after you put on your shirt?

---------------------------------------------------------------

1. What is your favorite Christmas decoration in your house?

SQUEEEEEEE!!!! Sandy, seriously, we are long lost sisters or cousins or neighbors or something. I was JUST thinking, "someone needs to ask about a favorite Christmas decoration", because GUESS WHAT?!

I have the BEST Christmas decoration.

See, I have this best friend, I like to call her my "bestie", some of you know her by "Unkept Cook", but she is the worlds best gift giver. She owns a marketing-ish business and a few years ago I was a "secret shopper" for her and fell in love...head over heels in love, with a Santa decoration I saw.

Guess what?

That Christmas, I received the most adorable Santa decoration! Want to see him?

This photo doesn't do him justice (and the photo itself is pretty crappy...hey, it was dark), but here he is:



His eyes sparkle...his face is so...jolly! I haven't ever seen a better Santa since getting him, and believe me, I check because I'd LOVE to get another one of him dressed in something different!

2. Do you finish your Christmas shopping early or are you a last minute type?

I am definitely a marathon Christmas shopper. No sprinting for this girl.

A bit here, a tad there. Check off a couple of things at a time and usually I shop right up until Christmas Eve. Whatever isn't done by December 24th, doesn't get done!

Every year I try to set an earlier deadline for myself...and actually, I think I did it last year, now that I think of it, so that I can enjoy the last few days of the Christmas season without stressing too much!

Totally off topic, but does anyone else ever think, in, say, July...wow, and to think Christmas will be here before we know it?

Oh, you don't? Never mind.

3. When do you turn on your heat?

Um. What? You mean, some people turn off their heat?

Kidding! Kind of.

I don't have a "rule". The hubs likes to push my buttons and turn off the heat if I "turn it on too early", but he never wins. If he doesn't let me turn the heat on, he gets icicle feet or frozen hands to his warm belly.

Usually, we turn the heat on in October sometime. But I couldn't tell you for sure, 'cuz I never pay attention...I just crank that puppy up when I feel cold!

4. Do you ever wish your blog was private?

Um. Can I answer this truthfully...'cuz, you know, my blog isn't private?

Okay, so yes. I do sometimes wish my blog was private. Then I could vent away and no one would ever be the wiser, since I'd be the only one reading my ventage.

Alrighty then! Moving on...

5. Do you put your deodorant on before of after you put on your shirt?

GAH! Why, after, of course! Otherwise you get those nasty, impossible to get out, deodorant marks on your shirts and then, ugh, your outfit is ruined and you need to pick out something else and before you know it you're late and sweaty and your hair is all frizzy.

And it could've all been avoided by applying the stink stick AFTER getting dressed.

---------------------------------------------------------

I hope you all have a fabulous weekend! We get to go to the Mr.'s company Christmas party tomorrow...I love a good reason to get all dressed up!


Comments

  1. I can't get the linky to work :(

    http://www.babiesbooksandsigns.com/2011/12/fun-meme-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also can't get the linky to work. Mine is
    http://nisbetfam.blogspot.com/2011/12/five-question-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't get Linky to work either!!

    http://crazypinkcamolife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://www.threepeapods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, linky not working

    http://auntlala25.blogspot.com/2011/12/five-question-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought the deodorant question was a no brainer too. I think you'd have to be a contortionist to be able to put a shirt on over your head and not get deodorant all over it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too have the icicle feet and hands. I often warm them up on husband and children :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I needed to read your funny answers today. You always give me a chuckle...and I love it! I am so glad you are feeling better Mama M.

    Oh, and I would hate it if your blog were private!

    Have a good weekend.

    Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm laughing because I linked up first, then came back and read your post - I really didn't copy you on the heat thing. But seriously! People turn off their heat? HaHa
    And that IS a great Santa...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte