Skip to main content

Five Question Friday!! 10/7/11


Well friends, I hope you all have wonderful plans for your weekend! I'm helping families welcome their babes this weekend (aka: "working")!


Our beautiful weather is about to come to an end...cooler temps and rain forecasted for the next several days. Which is good and bad...bad because this warm, dry weather has been working in the favor of the farmer's with harvest, and good because we really need the rain.

Bad.

The pond in our backyard is pretty much non-existent at the moment...and we need it to fill up before winter comes otherwise WHAT WILL WE SKATE ON?! I know, I know...the problems of the world. ;)

Okay...you came here for 5QF, not to listen to me blather on and on...so, here we go!

Rules for 5QF: Copy and paste the following questions to your blog post. Answer them, then watch for the linky post to appear tomorrow morning! Remember that this post is NOT the post with the linky list on it...that is tomorrow!

Oh, and remember to have fun!!!

Also, feel free to play along on Twitter! We've had some people do that in the past couple of weeks and it's a fun, different way to answer the questions!

Questions for Friday, October 6th: (Special thanks to @tarabuzz, @signingcharity,@gasfamily, @trooppetrie, and Sandy for their question suggestions! I would LOVE to link YOU in a future 5QF, so c'mon over to my community and offer up your best question suggestions! Or watch for my Twitter shout out on Thursdays, and offer up your questions that way! Don't forget to@5crookedhalos me and use hashtag #5QF if you go the Twitter route!)

1. What is your go to comfort food or sweet?

2. What is the most romantic place you've ever been to?

3. What is your favorite thing about fall/Halloween?

4. How would you spend 24 hours alone?

5. Does you husband bring you flowers? Are you the bring-me-flowers type of girl?

-------------------------------------------------------------

1. What is your go to comfort food or sweet?

Hmmmmm. That's a good question.

"Comfort food"...like when I'm sick, is definitely Chicken Noodle Soup. Or Carrot Gravy.

Mmmmmmm...did someone say Carrot Gravy? Oh. Yeah. I did. Ahem. (I just re-read that whole post...it's kinda funny! But the recipe is to. die. for.)

Carrot Gravy = Comfort Food Definition.

Try it...you'll thank me later.

2. What is the most romantic place you've ever been to?

Once upon a time, the Mr. and I went on a date to Duluth. I thought he was going to propose (he didn't...for nearly two more years...), he rented the most adorable cabin, we had an amazing weekend.

It was so much fun...very likely one of my favorite "pre-marriage" memories!

Then there was Hawaii...but we all know how that turned out.

Gah. Being sicker than a dog in tropical paradise is for the birds.

We've gotta do that one over.

3. What is your favorite thing about fall/Halloween?

I'm pretty sure we've done this one before, but even when we repeat questions, my answers always seem to change slightly, so what the heck!

Cooking.

Most definitely, my favorite thing about fall is that I can once again start cooking. See, we don't have air conditioning...and MinneSOOOOOta summer temps can rival that of the Rainforests in the world...add in the heat from the oven/stove and gosh, you might as well serve us all up for supper 'cuz we'd cook right through in our house. H.O.T.

So, we grill. A lot. We eat meals that don't require oven usage. Crock-pot meals we do occasionally, but mostly we just fire up the grill.

Oh, and I like the decor, too! I should show you my fall mantle one of these days. I love the oranges and reds and yellows...so warm and welcoming!

But, cooking is at the top of my list, for sure!

4. How would you spend 24 hours alone?

Sleeping.

I kid you not. I would sleep...uninterrupted by nothing besides my own internal sleep meter that would tell me when I was rested enough to wake.

Hold it.

Actually, we might need more than 24 hours for that. ;) Sometimes I find myself thinking ahead to the days when I will sleep uninterrupted by the pitter patter of little feet taking their owner to the bathroom, or the sleepy child crawling into bed with us, or the sick kid that needs their mom...but whenever I think of those days, I realize that it will mean my kids are grown and out of the house.

And that day can wait. I will survive on a depleted tank of sleep. I will not wish this time away, because already I can see how fast it goes.

Sleep can wait. Unless I get that 24 hours to myself.

Then all bets are off.

5. Does you husband bring you flowers? Are you the bring-me-flowers type of girl?

No and no.

Once upon a time, my husband was the romantic "bring flowers home for no good reason" kind of guy. Then, we added a few more kids, a bigger mortgage, and suddenly, buying anything that died within a few days was clearly a waste of money.

I'd much rather have a hand written note...left out for no other reason other than he just wants to tell me he loves me.

-------------------------------------------------

Okay...now, what do YOU have to say? Enjoy your weekend, my friends!



Comments

  1. As always... thank you for hosting, and I love your answer to No. 5. How 'fun' is it when life/reality hit the pocket book, LOL!
    ~Kimberlee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pinning that recipe. Can't wait to try it. I've never heard of Carrot Gravy before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't agree more about 3 and 5. Sleep would be awesome, and money is too tight for flowers that'll last a week at the most.

    ReplyDelete
  4. really good questions this week. excellent to those who sent them in you did well :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been trying to comment all day long and this thing wouldn't let me! Anyway, you're right- there will be plenty of time to rest when the kids are up and grown. And it happens overnight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also mentioned sleep as one of the things I really want if I have time to myself.. it seems so impossible to get sufficient sleep with little ones around.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte