Skip to main content

Five Question Friday! 9/3/10

It's September.

How did that happen? I mean, like...really. HOW? I could have sworn that my kids just scrambled out of their last day of school in June, and now...they go back on Tuesday?


I WANT MY SUMMER VACATION BACK!!

Welcome to Five Question Friday...where you are privy to my weirdness, quirks, and declarations of my love for summer vacation. Sometimes, I think I am meant to homeschool. (Stacy...I can sense you picking up the phone to harrass me some more. It may be working. ;) )

If you've never played along with us before...we've missed you! This a the most fun (and easiest) blog hop around! Trust me. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy!

Alright...I'm currently propping my eyelids open with toothpicks, and it's really getting uncomfortable, so let's get this show on the road!

Rules for Five Question Friday: Copy and paste the following questions to your blog post, answer them, then watch for the linky post to appear on Friday morning, at which time you "linky up"! If you don't have a blog feel free to answer the questions in the comments!

Questions for Friday, September 3rd: (Special thanks to Colleen, Crissy, Bethany, Sandy, and Nel for their question suggestions! If YOU would like to be linked in a future 5QF, c'mon over to my community and offer up your best question suggestions!)

1. What do you do when you have time to yourself?

2. When you look out your kitchen window, what do you see?

3. Who/What would you want to be reincarnated as?

4. What is your biggest pet peeve about other people's kids?

5. Regular or Diet soda?

-----------------------------------------

1. What do you do when you have time to yourself?

Wait...can we back up just a second...back to that...that thing...what is this "time to yourself" business that you speak of?

I've never heard of such a thing. It's arcane. Ludacris. Why I...psh.

Fer silly.

However...if I was granted time to myself...I'd like to poop in private please. Without someone little joining me and asking, "You gotta go poop, mom?"

Er, yeah.

While I'm dreaming...I'd also like to eat a salad. At a restaurant. And not share. Not even one little crouton dipped in ranch dressing. Not. A. One.

Boy, this is fun...lemme keep going.

I'd like my very own "Campfire Mocha" from Caribou Coffee, please. One all to myself, with nary a teeny little sip shared with anyone.

Ditto an ice cold coke.

Sigh.

And to think...it won't be long, and I'll have all of that.

Guess I'll have plenty of time to enjoy myself later. Wait. Wrong. Alllllll wrong. Ahem (geepers, can you tell I'm tired? Punchy Mama comes out.)...what I meant was, I'll have plenty of time to myself to enjoy when my kids are grown.

But dang, that coffee would be nice...

2. When you look out your kitchen window, what do you see?

I spy, with my little eye, a crew of construction workers, their van full of "stuff" (I have to tell you...it's taken all the will power I have not to sneak a peek into that van! Weird, I know...), a ginormous dumpster full of our old roof.

And dead grass. With too much sun on it. Where a beautiful big oak tree once stood, then sat for too long, all hacked into firewood, and killed our grass.

Stupid grass.

Stupid tree.

3. Who/What would you want to be reincarnated as?

Now, now, now...please, nobody go and get yer undies in a bundle over this question. This is just for fun. F-U-N, fun!

I, if I were to comeback as something, would come back as a humpback whale. Ooooooh, how I love humpback whales! Ugly, yes, graceful, yes.

Once upon a time, I took a honeymoon with the most handsome man I know (and whom I miss very, very much...hurry home, hon!!! We miss you!) to the most gorgeous place on earth...Hawaii.

There was a teeny little glitch tho'. Don't judge...

Two weeks before our wedding, we found out we were expecting The Belle! (Oh, fer shame! A pregnancy out of wedlock-just barely-AND reincarnation?! Why I never...) I really got to know the hotel toilet really well.

It was nice and cool, so we got along just fine.

I did offer one up for the team, and went whale watching with my handsome groom. I was so excited...I've LOVED whales since I first saw Shamu leap out of the water at Sea World.

Captivated.

Awed.

In love.

So, I was very excited to go on this trip. Only thing is...I had morning sickness (that lasted all day) and to top it off, I'm a whimp, and I get motion sickness too.

I ended up spending the trip with a cold coke on my head, hanging my noggin' over the boat, fearful that a tiger shark was going to leap out of the water and decaptiate me and leave my husband a widower on his honeymoon. (Dramatic much?)

What I missed, was only the most spectacular display of whale action I'm sure to ever witness ever again in my life. They were SO active...jumping and breeching and playful and "spy hopping".

*sob!!!* I wanna go back!

Or, just be reincarnated as one.

4. What is your biggest pet peeve about other people's kids?

Uggity ugg. I can't HANDLE the whining!! (Come to think of it, I can't take it with my own kids, either.)

Makes me wanna gouge out my eyeballs when I hear whining. Especially, whiny talking...I can't even describe it, and I've just sat here for 31 hours racking my brain trying to put it into words.

Tell me you know what I'm talking about.

Even if you have no clue...just tell me you know all about "whiny talking".

5. Regular or Diet soda?

First things, first...NEL. It's pop. As in "I'll take my pop straight up please. Chemical free and loaded with sugar, thankyouverymuch." ;)

Okay, okay, okay...so, I'm trying to make the switch to saying "soda"...only it gets stuck halfway out and it sounds something like this..."What kind of *insert me trying to force "soda" out of my mouth* sOOOOOOOd'...pop do you have?"

And the server looks at me like I've got two heads, one male and one female, and says, "Oh, geepers, hon. Dontcha know we've got all sorts of pop? You betcha we do!"

So I order a straight up Coke.

Un-diet style.

----------------------------------------

It's linky time!! Hope you had fun, and hope you survived my answers...like I said, I was a little punch-drunk tired!




Comments

  1. I think I'd really like to hear you say sooooooooda! Lol.

    Thanks for hosting and Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pooping alone? I've never heard of such a thing. Funny stuff Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your answers were fun to read. Now I feel like I should go back and change mine from one word answers to a little story..lol , I'm not going to because I'm lazy but I really liked that you made yours more interesting.

    P.S. it's just as strange for us that call it Soda to say "pop", I just tried it out loud and it sounded too funny, I don't think I'd be able to order a "pop", I'd crack up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just watched Fargo for the first time last weekend, and boy, did you take me right back to it with the "Geepers, hon,...dontcha know?" Wow. Do people for really talk like that?? I LOVE IT! I may need to move.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so just love your blog!!!!!!! I hope you know it's one that gets checked every single day from me :o)

    And Pop... I will try and remember that from now on! But here in Missouri... we call it soda ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. See? I knew we were meant to be friends, M. We say "pop" here in Michigan too! And your whale honeymoon story is much better than MY whale honeymoon story. Ahhh...another thing to blog about sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mama - you so crack me up. You are blessed with gorgeous healthy children and still have your wits about you, punchy tired and all. I am drinking my Northern Lites Latte this morning, and I won't share it with anyone. Just for you. ;) And the pooping thing, I think no matter how many kids you have, they refuse to let you do it alone. I'm not sure I could say POP, it's a sody! And you betcha I don't sound like Fargo, although I live close enough.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My son recently started calling pop "soda". I was all WHAAA!? No no, son. It's POP.

    Poppity pop pop.

    I see you still have WV.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We here in Canada say pop. Actually, my kids call every type of pop "Coke". LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. whining? yeah I have no clue. lol i think it bothers me more when its my kids be if it's on going it will get to me with other people's kids too, and it sort of depends on how a parent handles it as to how quickly it'll annoy me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. hahaha loved your answer to pooping alone. Sigh, the things that make us happy after becoming a mother.

    ReplyDelete
  12. soda? pop? cola? Everything here is coke. 'You want a coke?' sure "Ok, what kind?"

    ReplyDelete
  13. That whining talk you speak of? Currently coming out of my 2 year old's mouth. And it's driving me nuts too.

    Here in Illinois (at least the part I live in), it's soda. I went to college in TN though and when I told my roomate the mini fridge I bought had a soda dispenser, her little sister piped up, "What's soda?!?" It's all Coke down there.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm new to Five Question Friday...won't be posting today, but want to start next week!
    Thanks, Becky Jane
    myelevenreasons@gmail.com
    Raising kids can be a lot like weeding the rose bed...well worth it, but...OUCH!
    http://myelevenreasons.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Missed ya last week! Sorry!! I soooo love this meme too! :)

    I know EXACTLY what you mean re whiney kids!! I feel the same way about them! It really does my head in!! :(

    Loved your answers as per usual!

    Thanks for hosting!

    Annette

    www.mammakerr.com

    PS. We don't call it soda or pop in Scotland. We call it juice - or ginger in Glasgow!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  16. I still can't poop alone and my kids are in middle and high school!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh you had my laughing out loud! I like punchy mama! "Whiny talking" is toooo much! I tell my kids I can't hear them when they talk like that. Drives me crazy! And always straight up pop! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. <3 <3

    Thanks for this. =) It was my first time participating!!

    =D

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your answer to #1....

    I know exactly what whiny talking is.

    And it's POP! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey, I just randomly stumbled across your blog and I am loving it! I'm a new follower and can't wait to see more!

    If you have a minute I would love if you dropped by my brand new crafty blog. Have a great day!

    Amie

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ответы практически на любой вопрос есть у нас. SEEXi.NET
    Так же интерес можно проявить например к "[url=http://www.2nt.ru/go/teets.php]Армянский педофил отделался легким испугом [/url]"
    А любителям [url=http://www.2nt.ru/go/geyi.php]гей видео[/url] подарок.
    И безусловно лучшие [url=http://2nt.ru/go/znakom.php]бесплатные интим знакомства[/url]

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte