Skip to main content

Five Question Friday! 3/12/10


Oooooo-wee!! I can not even begin to tell you how excited I am that it's Friday!!

And, really...for no good reason...other than, IT'S FRIDAY..and that means it's time for 5QF!!!

My Little Life

It has been one heckuva rainy, foggy, dreary week...but, the snow is almost gone! And that leaves me feeling happy and hopeful for spring!

Okay, so let's get our questions on...

(P.S. Are y'all liking the Thursday preview? Oops...guess it's 6 Question Friday today! ;) )

Rules for 5QF: Copy and paste the following questions to your blog post, answer them, then c'mon back and link up (grab the code too, if you'd like!!). I would love, love, LOVE it if you'd link back to me, Mama M., the nut job behind the fun that is Five Question Friday!

No blog? That's alright!! Just answer the questions in the comments of anyone's blog along the way...this is a fun, easy way to get to know your fellow bloggers!

Questions for Friday, 3/12: (Thanks to Erica, Erin, Renee,Pam, and me (I'm dying to know the bed making thing...) for their question suggestions! Wanna be linked in a future 5QF? Mosey on over here, to my community, and offer up your best questions!)

1. How much time do you spend on the computer a day?

2. Will you pay for your children's college or raise them to pay for their own way?

3. Have you ever been in a car accident?

4. What is your favorite book?

5. Do you make your bed everyday?

----------------------------------------------

1. How much time do you spend on the computer a day?

Ahem.

Ah...um...hey...wait!! Wait...it's a new month, so I can use my "Plead the Fifth Card"...right?!

Right?

I'm embarrassed...I spend waaaayyyyyy too much time on the computer...but, I'm really trying to get better.

I check in in the morning, try to get a little housework done (and fail)...but, if I'm not on my computer...I'm addicted to my iPhone.

For someone who went from being almost totally "disconnected"...I sure "connected" fast when I started this whole blog thing! (BTW...my Blogiversary is comin' up! I'll hafta plan a little somethin', somethin' for that!)

That's my answer. Shady, I know.

2. Will you pay for your children's college or raise them to pay for their own way?

My "ultimate plan", and when I say ultimate, I mean only if I win the lottery...is to have my kids think they are paying for their own college...and then pay off their student loans for them as a graduation present!

I went to a private college...I was an "independent" student, so I did get more financial aid...but, I'm proud that I payed my own way! The college I went to saw a lot of students from wealthy families, and I saw many of those kids abuse that and not appreciate it!

(For the record...I am not referring to you, Tara! I'm talkin' 'bout all those TG kids!)

So, yes, my kids will pay for their own college...we will help them when they need it...and hopefully, I'll strike it rich with the Powerball (I have been one lucky Mama lately...I recently won three giveaways!!) and pay off their loans when they graduate!

3. Have you ever been in a car accident?

Yes...just a couple, tho!

The first, was a fender bender when I was a new driver.

It was winter. The car was white. It was parked against a snowbank. Oops.

Dude...it could happen to anyone.

The second was a little worse...I was driving to clinicals one morning...running late (of course) and my classmate and I were talkin' away.

Little did I know, that beneath my tires, was glare ice.

I went to pass a car...my steering wheel wouldn't do what I said. My car became possessed and totally did it's own thing.

No matter what I did with that darn steering wheel!

Spun around, hit the crusty, icy snow on the side of the road and tipped over.

Yup, you read that right...tipped over, not flipped. Just a nice, gentle topple onto the passenger side of the car.

My classmate was drinking hot chocolate...she still had the mug in her hand...but the hot chocolate was no longer in the mug.

It was all over her...it was warm and wet and sticky and she kept asking me over and over "are you okay, are you okay?"...kinda crazy like. She told me later that she thought I was bleeding, and that the hot chocolate was my blood!

We were fine. Unfortunately...my lemon of a car was too.

Bummer. My mom even said "once I found out you were okay, I was hoping your car was totaled!!"

4. What is your favorite book?

Oooooh, I love me some Twilight! And...I pretty much love anything Jodi Picoult.

But, to be honest...I'm a voracious reader. I devour books, totally consumed and engrossed in them...and as soon as I read the last word and close the cover. I forget it.

You could ask me what it's about...and I'd hafta page back through to tell you!

So...I'm takin' this question a different route...children's books!

My all-time favorite children's book is "Goodnight Moon"!

It's so soothing and gentle and rhythmic...I love it!

5. Do you make your bed everyday?

Son of a gun.

I already used my plead the fifth card. Dang.

Um...no.

I go in spurts...sometimes I do really, really well for quite awhile...and then I do really, really bad for just as long.

But, I can tell you...there's nuthin' I enjoy more than climbing into a nicely made bed at the end of the day.

Okay...that's a lie. There's a lot of things I enjoy more than that...but it is pretty nice!

------------------------------------------

It's linky-doo time!




MckLinky Blog Hop

Comments

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte