Skip to main content

Not quite what I planned for today.


Today started out just like any other..."Mama, can you make me eggies?", you know, the usual.

My grandpa had been in the hospital since Saturday with a temp, some confusion, and symptoms of what might be a stroke, so after a lunch out with my mama and my kiddos, we planned to stop up at the hospital for a quick 10 minute visit.

10 HOURS later, I just got home.

I arrived at the hospital with my 4 crazy kids in tow (remember, this was just gonna be a "quick" visit...we didn't want to overwhelm grandpa) and learned from my grandma that she had been told that grandpa had an "intraventricular bleed"...bleeding into the ventricles in his brain.

Our small town hospital is just like any other (most other?) small town hospitals...decent enough care, but lacking the resources of a larger hospital. After talking with my grandma and my aunt, we had decided that grandpa needed to be transferred.

I dashed out to get the Pal, who had been golfing for the afternoon, called the Mr., dropped my brood off at home, and went back to the hospital to wait with my grandma and aunt for the ambulance to come pick up my grandpa.

They arrived, and my aunt and I took off to meet them (grandma rode in the ambulance) at the hospital.

My poor grandpa (who is normally VERY "with it", very sharp, at 82) was so confused and disoriented. So hard to see him acting so unlike himself. A CT scan was repeated at the new hospital, and the radiologist reports that there might be some inflammation (possibly infection) in the brain (along with finding a pretty substantial sinus infection).

Sounds like they are planning on doing a spinal tap tonight, but the nurse practitioner who saw grandpa first (FINALLY! At about 11pm!) needed to talk to the doc she works with to devise a plan. My aunt and I decided that we had done all we could, and took off.

Hoping for more info tomorrow...my grandpa could definitely use your prayers.

Thanks!


Comments

  1. Sending good thoughts your way. Hugs for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear about your grandpa. Y'all are in my happy thoughts and prayers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are very much in my prayers.
    ~Kimberlee

    ReplyDelete
  4. More good thoughts winging your way from Australia - hope everything works out okay

    Cheers, Fi

    ReplyDelete
  5. I lost my grandpa 3 weeks ago and understand what is going on with you and your family. It is hard to see a person go through this. Sending lots of prayers to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for your Grandfather!

    ReplyDelete
  7. keeping you and your grandpa in my prayers today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praying for your whole family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Praying for u and ur family.. i hope he will pull out of this :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sending my prayers for your grandpa and all your family. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte