Skip to main content

Wile E. Coyote Complex

You know, I think I know why they don't make cartoons like the Road Runner and Tom and Jerry anymore.

They're freaky, man!! I totally just realized it now!

I have major, Wile E. Coyote issues. Major, dude.


If I am the first car in line waiting for a train, you can spot me...stopped about a block away, keeping everyone behind me wondering..."what in the heck is that chick doin'? Can't she move up?"

And the answer, my friends is...NO!

I can not move up.

You see, my mind plays these weird games, I picture the train derailing and careening for my vehicle...and me just stuck there, having to watch my death in slow mo...if I park far enough away, I've got some wiggle room, maybe a little time to take off away from that derailing death trap. You know?

And crossing the tracks after the train passes? Ugh...look left? Clear. Look right? Clear. Look left again? Clear. Look right again? Clear. Cross the tracks and wham-o!! There's that dang train, mowin' you down out of nowhere, just like Wile E. himself.

How 'bout logging trucks? Oh, geez...don't even get me started with those. I approach them, see those logs stacked a mile high all wibbly wobbly like and "oh man, bring on the Xanax."

So, pedal to the metal, I fly past the truck...must. pass. truck. NOW!!!

I'm surprised I haven't been pulled over..."Miss, may I please see your ID and registration?"

..."But officer, you don't understand...those logs were gonna go at any minute!!"

And bridges? Yikes! Ever since the 35W bridge collapse, I've been a bit...um...whack-o. Seriously, sometimes I wanted to stop at one end of the bridge, wait for it to clear, then peel off, burnin' rubber, tryin' to get across that dang bridge, ASAP.


Please tell me I'm not the only one?

Am I?


Comments

  1. Def not the only one. When we drove from Alabama to Texas, we passed over quite a few bridges. One of which was 20mi long, over marsh land. Sweat, white knuckles, heart palputations and my husband telling me to just "go to sleep" later, I was thankful that would be THE LAST time we went over that bridge. For at least 4yrs.

    Bridges, logging trucks(living in Alabama, logging trucks are everywhere!), trains, driving in the rain...It all freaks me out.

    One thing that scares me the most? When I can feel the bridge shaking underneath my car...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, I think you and I were separated at birth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I posted mine on BF, but I hear you on the bridges. I was living in Wilmington NC when that bridge collapsed. I had to go over the Cape Fear Bridge every day to get home, with my first born...I always held my breath. Thinking that would give me just enough air to jump to the backseat and free him before having to surface. You're not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok gosh! That bridge collapse happened on the day Isabelle was born. I was drugged up and hormonal and it terrified me even more than it would have anyway. I remember sitting in my hospital bed boohooing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am the same way about being around big trucks. (Semi's, car haulers (loaded or not), logging trucks, etc)

    I've been cut off by an empty car hauler in Illinois, been HIT by a school bus during a MN winter, almost hit by a smaller semi...So I have a slight fear of being around the big trucks. School buses not so much as it was winter & my car was small & there was no real damage done....

    Oh and bridges, I too since 35W collapse freak out slightly when I go over any bridge with water underneath.

    My husband just laughs at me and then tells me everything is fine...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh nope. definetely not alone. :)
    I'm petrified of squirels.... yep, you read that right, squirels. I don't think I spelt that right... its been a long day. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh boy- I do the same darn things! I have the same issues with things like driving over bridges and driving down mountains! I truly believe it's the protective "mommy" in us!! At least, that's how I justify it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL My mind works about the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is rather interesting for me to read that blog. Thanx for it. I like such topics and everything connected to this matter. I definitely want to read a bit more on that blog soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte