Skip to main content

Crock-Pot Fajitas


You!

Yes, YOU!!

You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now.

Tonight.

Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it...

But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later!

Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story!

And this story...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;)

So, you can thank her...I guess.

Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized!

You'll need this:

And, this:


You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. (Ahem...)

Just keepin' up with the times, friend.

So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips...

And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips...

(Lemme just interject here...sorry for the interruption...but, I can't believe they eat pepper strips! Heck, I just convinced Mr. Wonderful, like, last week that they were delicious!!! 'Cept the green ones, apparently, 'cuz Baby Girl kept saying, "No, da's yucky!")

Sorry, for that random digression...

So, next, you'll wanna layer in the meat, with the veggies on top.


Toss on some garlic (yes, I cheat...who has time to peel and chop up garlic when there is laundry to wash, dishes to do, butts to wipe, faces to clean, beds to make...)...


Then, sprinkle the seasonings over the top (and, I must confess...sprinkling and photographing simultaneously must be a lot like walking and chewing gum. It's really hard)...

Next, pour the tomatoes, juice and all, right over everything!

This, is what it'll look like prior to hitting that "cook" button...

When it's all done cooking, shred chicken, toss back into crock pot and serve your new favorite dinner to your very thankful family!

Note from the poor house...please excuse the Dora the Explorer plate...I was fresh outta clean dishes, so it had to do...not that it's really any worse than the Corelle...but, whatev!

Crock Pot Fajitas

1lb flank steak or chicken breast (or half of each)
1 sm onion, sliced
1 green pepper, sliced
1 red pepper, sliced
1 jalapeno, diced (optional)
1-2 T. chili powder
1-2 cloves garlic, diced
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. coriander
1 large or 2 small cans diced tomatoes

Cut steak and chicken into strips (don't worry about cutting the chicken...it shreds nicely when done, so save yourself some work, and toss those breasts in whole!) and place on bottom of crock pot. Put veggies on top, then garlic and spices, and pour over the tomatoes (undrained...and P.S. I used Rotel, yummo!!).

Cook 4-5 hours on high, or 8-10 on low, pull out meat, shred it, toss it back in and you're ready to serve!

Serve on fajita tortillas with your favorite "condiments" (lettuce, cheese, salsa, sour cream, etc.).

The end.

Once again, I love you, too.


Comments

  1. YUM! I will definitely be making these! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hubby will be so impressed with me! :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That sounds really good...it's definitely going on my to try list...maybe not tonight tho lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. great recipe... I will do this hopefully next week...I have stuff for dinner already planned for tonight and my boyfriend takes me out every friday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds yummy and EASY...my two favorite combinations :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love doing this with flank steak. I've also used v8 juice and 1/2 the packet of fajita seasoning. (We are not big tomato people). They are super yummy from the crock pot! Good recipe- thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh! That sounds soo yummy !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a HUGE fan of crockpot recipes in the winter - I will definitely be trying this one out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just put this in the crockpot about 20 min. ago. I was looking for a dinner idea, something different that we've never had, and BOOM you supplied me with the recipe :) I sure hope its good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!! I actually have all the ingredients that you listed, that NEVER happens!!

    I guess that means I should make this recipe... ok talked me into it!!

    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for dinner Monday night... yeah one night I don't have to rack my brain for something to serve.... Monday is our crock pot night since I am literally gone all day and night......

    and how do you get your kids to eat Peppers... mine wont touch them since after all they are peppers and HOT... oh well more for me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Every Monday here at our place is Mexican Monday, I'll have to do this next week---yumminess!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't wait to try these. I LOVE my crockpot, and these sound amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, it's in the crockpot...we'll see how it goes :) Made your Carrot Gravy Sunday (browned the meat then threw in the crockpot for four hours) and it was YUMMY! Thank you so much for sharing!!! Adri

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well, they have been in the crockpot for hours. I don't have any tortillas - so I'm thinking perhaps over some rice. It sounds so good and I happened to have everything handy. Thank you for sharing (my house smells delicious!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. YUMMM!!!! I'll definitely try this one!
    And Miss Mama who's always raving about PC products....get yourself a garlic press from them! They are great!

    ReplyDelete
  17. YUM. Can't wait to try em out!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm definitely trying this one!!!

    After years of being stuffed away on the top shelf, the crock pot is my BFF....

    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  19. my husband will love this recipe, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those look delish! I'm putting it on the menu for next week!

    ReplyDelete
  21. i feel so disobedient for not cooking that right now. but the only thing in my kitchen is the $700 (yes you read that right ) worth of groceries i bought today and a throw away pan i bought to make pizzas on. but i promise after the movers deliver all my stuff tomorow i will try to. do you think they will mind if i say it is your fault i want all my kitchen stuff first. really, it looks like a great recipe and i can not wait to try it

    ReplyDelete
  22. This looks so yummy...I can't wait to try it out!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Delish! You need a pampered chef garlic press. I'm not a cook more a pampered chef person, but someone gave us one and there's no going back. I love it! And I can't wait to try this! It looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  24. ummmm I'm drooling all over my desk!! Yum...

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am so happy I clicked on your blog today, because those look so good and so easy. My kids love peppers too.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Looks like a great recipe. I will be cooking this up tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is in my crock pot now! It smells delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  28. These were sooo good. A little too juicy for me, I might drain one of my cans of tomatoes (I used 1 can Rotel-YUM and 1 of plain diced tomatoes) next time, but the flavor was out of this world and it was so darn easy to prep. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This looks awesome! Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!