Skip to main content

Happy Halloween!


It's Halloween!!

My kiddos woke up this morning and asked..."Can we go trick-or-treating now?"

Um...no.

But tonight, I will be spending plenty of time in the company of two superheros, a Hollywood starlet, a fairy...and one handsome man. Photos to follow...perhaps tomorrow?

And lemme just tell ya, my friends...I don't know what the weather's like where you are...but it's a bit nippy here. Okay, it's down right cold...and it really puts a damper on the costume when hats and mittens and parkas and snowsuits are required.

I don't know about you, but I don't remember Batman wearing snow boots and a Lightning McQueen hat.

---------------------------------------

In other news...I made The Pioneer Woman's Chicken Parmigiana last night...and won over my household.


And myself.

Yes, you read that right...I won myself over. (That photo is her photo, not mine...mine didn't look nearly as pretty as that...and our dinnerwear not nearly as hip...we suffer eating off of the poor man's Corelle...)

It was so good, I had it for breakfast this morning...and I'll probably have it for lunch too, and, heck...maybe even supper.

No, scratch that...I'll probably have a nice supper of Laffy Taffy, Snickers, Nerds, and Now-n-Laters.

The Snickers, only 'cuz it's got peanuts, and I figure I'll need a little protein to get me through.

Have a safe and happy Halloween my friends!!


Comments

  1. Happy Halloween Mama!! I wish it were nippy here..but I could do without the snowsuits and mittens..It's a bamly 78 here...boo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had you thrown Milk Duds into that dinner entree', It'd be my favorite meal! I mean, MILK. Everyone needs a little Vitamin D!

    Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy... looks great! And you dinner menu sounds alot like mine :)


    Emma will be sporting her tutu tonite... I have one pic up now on my blog but will have her halloween pics up tomorrow! Drina did great work!

    Hope you guys have a blast tonite

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great Halloween! And, I'm with Amanda on the milk duds. Chocolate and caramel, my fav combo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My kids are excited for Halloween too! Saw your post in MckMama forum and wanted to pop in! I'm a new follower - your blog is really sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, "the poor man's Correlle" I "suffer" from that too! :-) The chicken does look good, maybe I'll try that soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That chicken parmigiana looks delicious. I'd eat for every meal until it was gone, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just found your blog--love your writing style. Hilarious. We did the Halloween count down at our house--"Only 7 more hours until trick or treating." Might just try the chicken parm too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte