Skip to main content

Not Me! Monday


Last week, I totally did not sleep in and miss out being "close to the top" on MckMama's Not Me! Monday list. And this week? Well, I certainly was not being a responsible adult and tending to our bills. Yuck.

So, this week, I did not develop a loathing of all things atomic. Atomic bombs, atomic fire balls...well, okay, what I mean is...I do not hate our atomic alarm clock. It woke me up, just like it was supposed to, at 6 am for my 7 am shift on Sunday. I went about my business and was getting ready to leave, when I glanced at the kitchen clock and saw that it read, 7:15. What the?! I went back into the bedroom, and "sho' nuff" that clock said 6:15...now, for anyone who "observes" daylight savings time, maybe this happened to you. Turns out that the stupid clock did not reset itself one hour early, because last Saturday was not the "original" turn back the clock night. Only, it's next week. So, needless to say, I did not call work in a panic and shout, "This is Mama M!! What time is it?!?!?!?!" And convince my fellow employees that, yes, indeed, I was crazy! I do not detest modern technology, nope, not me!!

I am not cursing the unfairness of one child still sleeping (later than usual at 9:20 am!!!) and one child who woke early (before 8 am, which is like the middle of the night for me...blech!)...looks like it will not be a nap day for mama! No way, Jose...I never take naps at naptime/quiet time!

Speaking of sleep, I did not fall into such a hard and fast sleep watching Seven Pounds that Mr. Wonderful finished the movie, removed his arm from under my head, packed up the laptop, finished getting reading for bed...and I didn't wake, move, or twitch. Well, maybe I twitched, I can't be sure! I was not so shocked to hear this, that I did not exclaim, "Well, did you make sure I was still alive?!" Nope, I am never dramatic! Not me!

Happy Monday, friends! Now, head on over to MckMama's to see what everyone else hasn't been up to!!



Comments

  1. You switched stuff around..yes, I am that observant...talk about followers..Girl you got it going on!! Do your co-workers call you Mama M...;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the panic after falling asleep...i have done that before :) have a great monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The clock/time issue made me laugh. I have a timezone thingy on one of mine and it has been hit a time or two! GL with the nap today. Happy Monday!
    ~Elyse

    ReplyDelete
  4. I clicked over from McMama...loving your blog! Adding it to my reading list :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey we watched Seven Pounds last night too...Happy Monday 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, that sounds like something I would say "did you make sure I was still alive." :-)
    I hate alarm clocks, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhhh! It's NOT me Monday, right? So I will NOT tell you about the way I woke up this morning... even after just 4 hours of sleep. Let's just say that the alarm clock has been officially fired, and I am making today's way of waking up a very regular happening.


    **sheepish grin**

    ReplyDelete
  8. For a minute there you had me wondering if I missed daylight savings..woe boy, that would have been sad.

    and there is NOTHING wrong with taking a nap!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahaha that SO happened to me on Sunday morning too. The guys were going out hunting, I set the alarm for 5am...woke up my husband. Went out to wake up his hunting buddy and he looked at his watch and said why didn't you wake me up at 5?? it's already 6!! I too dislike atomic clocks! :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a fun list of not me's! I never fall asleep during movies either. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. popped over for not me monday...great post.

    Those darn clocks...we have several atomic clocks in our church that all say different times--how does that work???

    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would have broken that clock!
    I hope you got a nap-I hate when one of my kids wakes up early while the other sleeps in!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte