Skip to main content

Oh, What a Night!!

It's a tough balance, being a working mom with career responsibilities, and being a mom, with my passion and heart at home with my kids, you know?

With my kiddos sick, I stayed home yesterday and today for the first four hours of my shift, then let Mr. Wonderful take over the task of tending to the children. Tonight, as I was leaving my teary kids, prying their grubby paws off my legs, taking my heavy heart with me...I remembered...

One of my most fantastic friends was being induced today! And, boy, did that put a little bounce in my step! I figured, I'd get to work, have a few extra minutes to go visit her and the new babe (I was assuming she'd be done...she's done this a few, well, okay, a half dozen times before).

Honestly, this woman is the most kind, patient, warm fuzzy you'll ever meet. She is so easy to talk to and is just an awesome person!

So, I got to work, and one of my co-workers looks at me slyly and says, "You have your friend!"

I coulda danced a jig right there! She hadn't delivered yet!

And I was privileged enough to be her nurse!

It was an amazing birth...truly amazing. My incredible friend has a sister who has a pretty profound disability from a birth trauma, and my friend made a promise to God that if she ever had another baby, she'd let her sister watch. She knew her sister would never have the experience of birth herself, so she wanted to provide her the chance to watch. This promise she made, she tells me, "was an easy promise. We were done having kids, so I could make that promise without any hesitation."

Well, God...He doesn't always have the same plan as us! And a month after making her "easy" promise to Him, she was pregnant!

And, so...tonight, I was privileged enough to be in attendance at a delivery that was sooo amazingly wonderful. So calm, so controlled, so special for everyone present!

Amazing...simply amazing.

I'll never tire of the miracle of birth, that's for sure!

Comments

  1. WOW!! Thats so neat!!

    And hope your kiddies are better... like... for the rest of the winter all better!

    Blessings-
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow! What a great story!

    Although, I just have to add, that your sly co-worker's comment made me wonder how on EARTH she knew your Aunt Flow was there...I'm just saying many times she is considered "your friend" *cough cough* and considering the post you make earlier in the week, brought me to the conclusion that you have very intuitive co-workers...not just crazy. Or maybe I am the crazy one! :) ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved doing my social work internship at a Women's and Children's hospital....Got to be a part of all that stuff...I'm hoping to be able to work in a hospital at least once in my career...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darn, I totally wanted to award you the Honest Scrap award, but you so already have it. I shouldn't be surprised, but I'll just say I look up to you and leave it at that :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I WANT YOUR JOB!!! Seriously, I have been thinking of going back to school for nursing since I had my own babies. The only thing stopping me is, well, the school part. UGH!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte