Skip to main content

Five Question Friday! 10/2/09

My Little Life

Holy, time warp! Where'd the week go?

It's Friday, mis amigos and we're "baaaaccckkkk" (thanks, A. for "The Shining" inspiration, there!) and it's time for Five Question Friday!!

Do you look forward to this as much as me? A nice, quick, fun little post and a great way to get to know your fellow bloggers? Hmmmm, yup...I love it! 'Course, I am a little biased, but still...

Rule rundown...copy and paste the following questions to your blog, answer them, grab the MckLinky Blog Hop code and link up!! And I would be Mama Grateful if you linked back to me! BTW, if you don't have a blog of your own, but wanna join in, just leave the comments below! Gracias!

Alllll righty-then! Here we go (thanks to Amanda, Sandy, and Liz for questions or inspiration! Want to contribute? Join the conversation in my BlogFrog Community!)

October 2nd Questions:

1. What is your favorite ABBA song?

2. The thing you love most about fall is...

3. What store you would love to spend to heart's desire (money is no object)?

4. What is your favorite snack food?

5. What was your first car?

------------------------------------------------

October 2nd Questions:
1. What is your favorite ABBA song?
Oh, wow...I love ABBA...like love them! Have you seen Mama Mia?! So much fun! Okay, so, I'd have to say my favorite ABBA song is probably "Dancing Queen"! I just can't help but get my totally unrhythmic butt out on the dance floor to shimmy when that song comes on!

Plus, it's one of my favorite scenes in the movie!

2. The thing you love most about fall is...
I love a lot about fall...the cool, crisp air, the changing leaves, the warm clothes and cute shoes...but my most favorite thing? The food!

When the air cools down, I get back down to business in the kitchen (summer's are reserved for grilling...too darn hot to cook!). Soups, stews, roasts, mashed potatoes and gravy. Mmmmm, I could go on and on.

Yup, definitely the food!

3. What store you would love to spend to your heart's desire (money is no object)?
Well, this is probably gonna sound a little lame-o (especially since y'all ;) know my fetish for shoes)...but I'd probably go hog wild in Home Depot!

I want to remodel our home so badly, it hurts! Our house was built in the '70's and screams 1970!!! So, yeah, spending to my heart's desire in Home Depot would be fabulastic!!!

4. What is your favorite snack food?
Oh, this is a hard one for me...I love snacking!!! Though, as I've gotten older, I've enjoyed it less..."a moment on your lips, a lifetime on your hips"...you know?

I'm gonna say, my favorite snack food is salty stuff...Doritos, Dill Pickle Chips, Chips and Salsa or Chips and Guac!! Ooooh, I make a mean guac--hmmm, I think I'll have to share that recipe with you sometime. Delish!!!

If I'm gonna have candy, tho...mostly I reach for the "fruity" stuff...Skittles, Starburst, that kind of stuff!

5. What was your first car?
My first car was a repossessed (not repossessed from me, but I bought it as a repossessed car...just to clarify, you know?!!) Renault Medallion. It was bad...really...really bad. Sandy brown, boxy as heck, dirty as dirty can be...and the radio didn't work! Which is huge, when you're 16.

It was the first of many cars that I "blew up" and wrecked the engine. I don't know what I did wrong, but seemed like suddenly my cars would start to smoke, I'd get the tell-tale "anti-freeze" smell, and look down to see the heat gauge as high as it could go! I learned the first time, that you're supposed to crank the heat up (apparently takes the heat away from the engine)...it happened to me once, cruisin' down the highway on, like, the hottest day of the year...so there I was, sweatin' bullets, heat cranked to high heaven...man, that was a mess!

Well, there ya have it, my friends! Thanks for joining in!!


MckLinky Blog Hop



Comments

  1. YAY we're baaaack.

    Although I am having linky-do-wickey issues and can't seem to get linked up.

    Will try again later.

    Off to shake my boot-a to some ABBA on this VERY early morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Playing along for the first time. How fun!
    But I can only read your first 2 answers, where is the rest? Or am I being too blonde lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm having trouble linking up, too. This is my first time and I am excited to join in on the fun.

    Blessings to you,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried again, but it didn't work. Here's the link to my post:

    http://bussecrew.blogspot.com/2009/10/5-question-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea, at the bottom where you normally click to get the link there is nothing to click. I'll come back and try again later too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just bought some cute shoes yesterday. Links on my blog. :)

    Thanks for using my question again.

    I love Dancing Queen too!

    Would LOVE you to share your guac recipe sometime! I make a mean one, too, so I would like to compare! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, I posted it...and linked up, went to MckLinky signed up, and now the entire post is gone. Ugh. Can't get in right now to redo it. I think something is whacked with my server. Hopefully will find it and repost soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have stayed true to my honda love! Just bought a 2006 Civic last year and I LOVE it! :) Navy blue EX model.

    You asked what I bought at Target. Here is the link to the shoes. :)

    http://www.target.com/Mossimo-Supply-Co-Ondria-Flats/dp/B001VSJVC8/ref=br_1_16?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=1&searchView=grid5&searchNodeID=3429561&node=3429561&searchRank=pmrank&searchPage=1&searchSize=30&id=Mossimo%20Supply%20Co%20Ondria%20Flats

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mama Mia was great. My hubby and I love it. And the fall food...I forgot about that...Stew and chili..O YUM

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping over at my blog! To be fair, I had to cheat and look at the show poster to know how to spell it :)

    Fall in Belgium is very much like a midwest fall with a little extra rain. We are originally from the midwest. . moved here (Belgium) 17 months ago for my job. . . we love Europe, but will be happy to be back home in a couple years also :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there. Yes, I did the header myself. I found the picture of the frazzled multi tasking mommy online on a free clip art site. The two little Calvin's are portraits of my boys (My oldest son is named Calvin - and named after the crazy comic strip (appropiately enough)... and his little brother is just as comical). We are due with Baby3 - hense me nursing amidst the chaos. :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just found your blog (& community) thanks to blogger-- very entertaining. I love the Five Question Friday idea!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte