Skip to main content

Five Question Friday! 10/30

My Little Life

Yippee!! It's Friday, it's almost Halloween, it's almost a full a moon! What more could we ask for? (Well, I mean, besides a million bucks?!)

Rules: Copy and paste the following questions to your blog, answer them, grab the MckLinky Blog Hop code, and link up! No blog? That's okay! Just leave your answers in my comments! Oh, I'd love it if you'd link back to me, Mama M.!!

Okay, here we go!! (Thanks to A., Mindy, Brianne, Heidi, and Erica for their question suggestions! Wanna suggest a question and get a shout out on a future Five Question Friday? Check out my Blog Frog Community discussion thread "Five Question Friday"!)

Five Question Friday, 10/30:

1. What were you doing the last time you really had a good laugh?

2. Who was your first CELEBRITY crush?

3. What is one talent that you wish you had?

4. How often do you and your spouse go out w/o the kids? Is it frequent enough?

5. What colour(s) is your bedroom?

------------------------------------------

1. What were you doing the last time you really had a good laugh?

Ooooh, I love having a good laugh! Love it!

Hmmm...the last time I had a good laugh? When my hubby was purposefully egging me on at supper the other night! I always give him heck, 'cuz I will tell him something...something brilliant of course, and he'll "hmmmm, mmm..." me, and then come back in a few weeks saying "My sister said, blah blah blah...", which is always just what I had told him! So, he'll listen to his sister, but not me!!

So, at supper, he was telling Big A a story that I had just told him...only he said, "My sister said she heard of this guy, blah blah blah...". I sat there with my jaw on the floor, and suddenly, he bursts out laughing! He was stringing me along! He just wanted to see my reaction...so then we all started laughing.

Dumb story, I know...but it was the last time I had a good laugh!

2. Who was your first CELEBRITY crush?

Okay...please don't laugh.

Oh, what am I afraid of? I'm guessing that a lot of you out there are around the same age as me...so here goes...

Donny Wahlberg...yes, the Donny, of the New Kids on the Block! Joey was super cute, but, gosh...everyone liked him...so Donny bettered my odds.

Ha! Bettered my odds! And yes, that is how I thought!

Ooooh, speaking of NKOTB...anyone go to their "reunion" concert? I didn't...couldn't bring myself to do it. I was afraid that watching a bunch of 30 something (40?) men dancing to "Hangin' Tough"...just couldn't do it.

3. What is one talent that you wish you had?

Oh, man...I wish I had a lot of talents!!

I wish I could play the piano...but really...I wish I could sing!

Oh, I do sing...I torture my family...and if I'm feeling particularly evil...I'll sing my sentences...opera style.

You can bet it is a sound to hear!

I've actually broken glasses. Okay, well...I haven't, but it makes my family laugh! And I love making people laugh!!

4. How often do you and your spouse go out w/o the kids? Is it frequent enough?

NO!! It's not often enough!

I'd say, maybe...maybe once a month.

But boy do I enjoy it!

It's so nice to reconnect and discuss adult things and not have to share your food or shush someone.

Mmmmm...I think it's time for date night!!

5. What colour(s) is your bedroom?
Oooooh, you read for this?

Wait for it...wait for it...

White!

Isn't that exciting?

Okay, stop yawning now...truely, our bedroom needs some help. We've been married for almost 9 years, and we still have the bedroom furniture I received for my 15th (yes, my 15th) birthday...and a ratty old dresser we picked up after we were married! We have a kickin' mattress...but no headboard.

It's a sad sight. A really sad sight!

Well...there you have it! Now, it's your turn!




MckLinky Blog Hop


Comments

  1. Great questions. New Kids on the Block! I remember wanting to go to their concert when I was in school. My mom wouldn't let me. No concerts! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great FQF! LOL @ the singing. I torture my family routinely. My poor husband was trapped in the car in two cross country moves we made in 2006...with me singing the whole time.

    Our bedroom is pretty blase too. We have lots of rubbermaid and cardboard boxes because we have NO storage anywhere in this house, my husband's desk and stuff for work (he works out of our house). It is more like a storage locker than a bedroom.

    Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good answers. My room is white to and I think it is totally boring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I'm sorry to say that I'm soooo old that I can't remember my first celebrity crush ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for another Friday Five!

    Ditto about the singing... I LOVE to sing, sing all the time, but am I any good at it, I really don't know. My mom thinks so, says I'm in tune because of my years of piano lessons and an ear for music, but she's my mom, she's biased.


    Trying to figure out who my crush might have been. I hope to have an answer by the time I post these on my blog.... hmmmmm.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL about the Donnie Wahlburg thing..
    I think I liked Jon because nobody liked him! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for visiting my blog! My husband and I double-team babysit. We've kept as many as 4 at once. It's tons of fun, good practice, and gives the parents (good friends of ours, usually couples from church) a chance to unwind. They usually bribe us with pizza, but we work for free. I plan games or paper crafts or fun outdoor activities to make the time fly by for the kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL @ Donny Wahlburg...I liked Jon for the same reasons you liked Donny.
    My bedroom needs help too. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm new to this but I love it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm new here, too! How fun!

    Our bedroom is beige.. but nearly white! lol Maybe we need to all support each other in a Master Bedroom Makeover week or something! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Someoned, not gonna mention any name *coughthefirstcommentercough* told me to shamelessly beg for you to follow me on twitter.

    Yep, that right up there is me shamelessly begging you.

    Always look forward to 5QF!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OOooohhh NKOTB! Those were the DAYS! I had the coolest shirt and thought they were just so hot! :) Wow...

    I wish I could sing too!! My hubby (a military guy no lesof all people) has a degree in VOCAL MUSIC EDUCATION, but I can't get him to sing for me! Did I get the short end of the stick on that deal or what??!!

    I always enjoy FQF!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I knew we were besties for a reason--I loved Donny Wahlberg for the SAME EXACT REASON! Actually, I think we've discussed this. And, Mama M--if you want to do a painting party to add a little spice to your white walls, I'd be happy to come help for a Saturday--just let me know :)

    love you!
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for stopping by, that is indeed a picture of Jordan Knight. He still is some great eye candy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cool blog found you through blogfrog (luv blogfrog) anyway! Why are all the cool Blog Hops on Friday?? My first celebrity crush Kirk Cameron ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My gosh... you are too funny!!

    Have a blessed day!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  17. Donny?! He is ok now though. Joey was eh. All my friends like Jordan but I liked Jon. Danny looked like a monkey. Sorry Danny but you do.
    Yes I still remember all their names, and that Jon has no h. Don't judge.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte