Skip to main content

A Mother's Right

I ain't too proud to beg brag!!!

Today, our baby girl,


she who is all of 20 months old...

went poop and potty on the potty chair!!!

Started out as a sheepish, "Poopy?" statement (question?) by her. I figured she had already gone, checked her pants and discovered they were clean!! So, off to the potty we ran.


After some squirming and wriggling (a strange little poopy dance on the potty) she did the deed!! And we hooted and hollered and did somersaults and backflips and round-offs (for this is much too important of an occasion for mere cartwheels)! Yippee Tiny Girl!!! A sucker was her prize, and she walked around basking in her glory!

While she has completed this task before, it was never with such intent!!

So, we left her diaperless...just in case the task wasn't completed.

Then, she did something amazing.

Standing on a stool, she (again sheepishly) said, "Potty?" And I said, "Oh, no...gotta go on the..." Wait! She didn't pee on the stool!

So, off to the potty we sprinted! Plopped that little behind on the seat and waited. In my potty-training experience, I've discovered a little flow of warm water over the bottom works wonders to start the flow. So, out comes the trusty "peri-bottle" (left over from the days of post-partum soreness) and a little squirt and voila!!! TONS of potty!!!!

Another happy dance, more somersaults and backflips and round-offs and high-fives! The proud potty-er scored herself a popsicle this time.

And, I think she was even gloating a little...so proud of herself she was!

And so proud of her are we!!!!!

Tomorrow? Big girl unders, wish us luck!



Comments

  1. Yay for Tiny Girl!! Oh I am soooo looking forward to that day for Belli.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is SO. Exciting!
    Way to go TG!
    I am the worst at the potty training business. I won't even mention how old my kiddos were when we completed the process!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome!! I think it's so funny how we parents act when a kid pees on the potty chair, hilarious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. it totally reduces us to act like fools when our kids do great like that....but for SUCH a good reason!! YAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea for that peri-bottle! I just put mine away the other day as it had been sitting out for the past 3 months (although, not really sure what I was going to do with it until now).

    Congrats! Looks like both of us were spending some time hoovering over little ones doing their potty-thing today. 2nd day in a row where he's pottied on his seat. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Psst. I think your daughter is brilliant... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WooHoo! Happy dance for everyone, that is amazing! She's doing great - yay for big girl undies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay!!! That is awesome!!! Chase will be 3 in January and he's so stinkin' lazy...he likes the convenience of going wherever he pleases, and I think it's going to take some force on our part to break him of that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm going to stick with the thought that boys are harder to potty train than girls.... sigh!


    Go girl! That is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte