Skip to main content

Well then...

Well now, look at me, rocking my "blog everyday" resolution. Why do I set such lofty goals?! Ugh. Also: this is why I never choose "working out" as my resolution...because 37 seconds into it I'd be all, "nah...too much work, please pass the chips."

In my defense, life is INSANE right now...insane with a dose of PMS to top it off. So yes, you SHOULD feel sorry for my husband right now. And my kids. And my co-workers. And pretty much anyone that looks at me or crosses my path or BREATHES THE SAME DAMN AIR AS ME.

Because it sucks to be them.

During our event meeting tonight I realized that the big day is next Friday. Ahem. Did you hear that? NEXT Friday! I just lost a week of my life and suddenly OH MY GOSH everything has suddenly become super urgent. Urgent as in, it should've been done last week.

Interesting tidbit: we suddenly have more empty bottles of wine in our recycling than usual.



Don't get me wrong, though...I enjoy organizing this event and I'm extremely passionate about it, but man alive. These last weeks of planning are taxing. My mind doesn't shut off and the last minute details are suffocating. But it is worth it...it truly is...and the bonus is that I get to spend a lot of time with some pretty incredible and equally passionate women.

The next 10 days are going to speed by and before I know it the night will be here and over...it's like a wedding. Or Christmas. So much planning and preparation and it's over before you knew what hit ya.

But you know what just hit me? Overwhelming fatigue...to bed I go.

See you tomorrow (I think...),
M.

Comments

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte