Skip to main content

Day 4 (aka I've Officially Blogged as Much as I Did in ALL of 2016)

Quick PSA before we get started: Blogger needs to bring their app back. While it wasn't super fantastic, it sure beats typing on my phone on a NOT mobile friendly website. Blergh.

Now that I've got that out of the way, can I tell you a little story about just exactly WHY I'm blogging from my phone? Well, you see...one dark and stormy night (alright, alright...it wasn't at all dark or stormy, but I just like to liven things up in here sometimes!) I was working on my computer. I vividly recall asking my youngest babe to grab my charger, as I was about to run outta juice, so I finished up, and like the Type A person that I am (or, you know, NOT) I unplugged the charger from the computer, but left the charger plugged into the wall. Fast forward several days to when I am attempting to (hurriedly) get my Christmas cards addressed and GOSH DANGIT I can't find my charger anywhere. ANY. WHERE.

No where to be found. 

The next day, my hubby loses his phone. As in, clearly recalls having it one moment, and then everything gets a little fuzzy and he can't find it anywhere. ANY. WHERE. We determine it is definitely outside, during the coldest cold snap of the season (for those of you reading in the south, that would be daytime temps that are still below zero...gross even for us hardy Minnesotans!) and after a whole crap ton of searching, we write it off as a lost cause and hubby gets a new phone.


Fast forward again several days and an ice storm is bearing down on us (because temps are now oddly ABOVE average...welcome to Minnesota) and our pop-up camper still has not been "popped-down" (as we like to say) from summer use (again: not Type A) and I casually mention to my love that perhaps we should winterize the camper before the ice destroys it. So, he walks into the camper and *insert choirs of angels singing* HALLELUJAH there is his phone! Safe and sound on the mattress, right where he left it when he shook the snow off the canvas a couple weeks earlier!! 

Poor guy, searched through trash and snow and all sorts of yuck, and his phone was nice and clean (although frozen) on the camper mattress.

Now, if only I could say the same for that darn computer charger of mine...

See ya tomorrow!
M.

Comments

  1. So glad you are back! I've missed your blog and I hope that you and your family are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! I agree! Which is probably why I haven't blogged much either.. It's just not convenient for me to write a blog post on my computer anymore.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte