Skip to main content

Day 5

Ugh. Here I sit, once again typing from my phone and cursing myself for not bringing my charger home from work. But alas, a New Year's Resolution is a New Year's Resolution and BLOG I MUST.
 
It's been fun hearing from those of you who claimed you "missed my blogging"...makes me happy that once upon a time I maybe made you laugh, or cry, or shake your fist at my writing! I feel like there are so many reasons that led to my decrease in writing...SO. MANY.

Where do I even start?

Let's start with the one most obvious to me...and probably most difficult to speak to, because I'm a pleaser. Please I must and if I don't please, GOOD GRACIOUS it eats at me. Here is a morsel of honesty for you, and for those that know me in real life, PLEASE take no offense! Remember, me = pleaser...and don't stop reading, either...okay, back to that morsel of honesty: I preferred to blog when I was more anonymous.
It seemed that as more and more people I knew "for real" started finding out about my blog that I began to feel a bit stifled. And somewhat pigeon holed. Birthday posts for errrrrbody, trying to mention this person or post a picture of that person or wrote about something that my adorable grandpa suggested I write about when what I really wanted to do was shout: BUT THIS IS MY BLOG!! And while I was proud that those that loved me enjoyed reading my blog, it made me nervous.
A little uneasy.
What if I wrote about a hot topic issue and someone mistakenly thought I was writing about them? OR, what if I DID want to write about something that was  aging at me that involved someone I knew and what if they were offended? What if I wanted to write about God or prayer and someone close to me thought I was a bible banging religious freak?
I began to struggle, a lot, with who was reading and what I was posting (which, let's be honest, can sometimes be  a good filter...albeit a stifling filter) and my post topics got narrower and narrower until I felt like al I could write about were trips to South Dakota. Or something. ;) And before long I slipped into a pattern of dreaded obligation and gah, who wants THAT in their life. Check this out:

 


I went from near daily posting to half that and then dropped off drastically each year!


Near the end of 2016 I really began to miss this blog. Writing has always been my strongest form of communication and it truly helps me process my thoughts. Whoda thunk that the very thing I loved initially I would grow to dread and then come full circle?! I'm still definitely finding my "groove" but man alive, I'm glad I pushed myself to start up again!

Now...to see if I can break those stifling binders and see if I can really let some of these crazy thoughts that clog brain let loose!

See ya tomorrow!
M.

Comments

  1. I definately miss you here and in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are back. I've always enjoyed your blog. Karen from CA

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are back. I've always enjoyed your blog. Karen from CA

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you are back. I've always enjoyed your blog. Karen from CA

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know how much I love you... You are a talented writer and I love your humor and honesty.... You make me laugh and cry... So glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I completely understand that! I had weight loss surgery a little over a year ago, and have many posted about that.. But one of the things that's come with it is unresolved issues, and mostly with family. I felt like I needed to write about it, but didn't feel like I could on my blog, because either they'd read it and get upset, or a family friend would read it, talk to them about it, and then they'd get upset. I did write one, kind of passive-aggressive, blog post but even that made people upset. Also, in the last year I've done a lot of soul searching, and changed my religious preferences.. I live in Utah, I was Mormon, now not so much.. But my family is still Mormon, so it's hard for them to understand, same with my friends. It's hard writing anything about that, as I feel like people will judge me and talk, and I really don't want to deal with that..
    Anyway, that was a super long comment, but what I really wanted to say is that I totally understand. I hope that you'll be able to find your groove, and maybe try to not care so much what people will read. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte