Skip to main content

And so it starts...

Took Dubya on "Dubya and Mom" day yesterday...our "Back to School" event that I take each one of the kids on separately before school starts.


Tell me...this new pricing thing that JCPenney has going on...am I just not "getting it" or does it seem to anyone else that, if anything, you are NOT saving money there? I thought the whole premise of the color coding, "one price" to-do was so that we consumers could save money "without having to carry a bunch of coupons around"?

I was skeptical of it from the get go, but I'll admit, I'm a sucker for a "good deal"...or even just thinking that I'm getting a good deal (as in, maybe the prices are higher but with a coupon I feel like I'm getting a bargain...you know?), but yesterday, my skepticism was turned into full blown belief that I was NOT indeed saving more money.

Case in point: 2 jeans for Dubya, socks, a shirt and shoes came to 130 bucks. Seemed to me that I recall being able to get much more than that for that amount of money before, but I paid it, and we carried on with our day.

Until Old Navy. Glorious, wonderful $10 jeans Old Navy. Where, for a mere $60+ dollars we were able to get 4 (yes, FOUR!!) pairs of jeans, a pair of khakis, and a sweatshirt...and walk away with $30 in "Super Cash" to spend later.

Dear Old Navy, 
I love you. You kinda, really, already had me, but today's experience? It's like we just exchanged vows and I'm yours forever and ever now.


All my love,

Comments

  1. I don't understand the JCP thing either. I really used to enjoy all of the great deals they used to have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I am not the only one who thinks it's bogus! I've been in there once and I felt like I was taken for a fool! They had much better deals with the coupons and the 70% off deals they would have. I haven't been back since. Old Navy also has my heart! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They started this new pricing in Jan. Since then, their sales have dramatically fallen. Either the new pricing, or the store in general, won't last much longer....I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've actually saved more money since JCP changed their policy. I've never paid more than $12 for an item (altho my kids are still little) and have drowned my daughter in cotton sundresses at $5 apiece.

    Now, my opinion might change when I try shopping for clothes for my girls in the bigger kids' sections, or for myself, but so far, the clothes for them have been cheap. Altho this does make me think that maybe I should go shopping for myself more often...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't shopped at JCP in FOREVER. Never was excited about their prices.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't shopped at JCP in a long time, but my friends have all said the same thing you did about the new pricing. Seems like a joke to me. And ON is pretty awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woah! That's a lot of money for children's clothing! WOW! I haven't shopped at JCP in a while and didn't know there was a color code going on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, I love OLD NAVY, they always have great deals for great clothes. Color code in JCP? What is that?> just seems like a trick.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte