Skip to main content

Five Question Friday!! 4/13/12


I'm taking a quick little poll...raise your hand if you're happy it's the weekend. Yup, just what I thought. ;) Now...if we could only get our March weather back (betcha never heard a Minnesotan say that phrase before...).


Here's to hoping we can get a bit more work done on our stalled out bathroom remodel. *sigh* Will it ever be done?!

Welcome to Five Question Friday!! You've come to the right place if you want a fun, easy post or if you've suddenly discovered your muses are plumb tuckered out from long car rides, early mornings, and late nights. Or, all of the above.

Rules for 5QF: Copy and paste the following questions to your blog post, answer them, then watch for the linky post to appear Friday morning and LINK UP! (Feel free to play along on Twitter, also!)

Oh, and remember (pay close attention...this is the important one)...HAVE FUN!

Questions for Friday, April 13th: (Special thanks to
Pam (@trooppetrie) from Troop Petrie, Sandy (@PardonMyDust) from Pardon My Dust, Anna (@annacdaisy) from Single Mommy Chronicles, Erin (@emenchho1) from The Life and Times of E1, and Gas Family (@Gasfamily) from The Gas Familyfor their question suggestions! I would love to link you in a future 5QF, so come on over to my community or watch for my Thursday afternoon shout out for questions on Twitter and offer up your best question suggestions! Remember to @5crookedhalos me and use hashtag #5QF if you go the Twitter route!)

1. Who mows your grass?

2. Do you have a picture wall or picture gallery in your house (show us! <--- my addition to the question)?

3. What book has influenced your thinking the most? Or, what blog? (I want to read what gets people thinking!)

4. Do you have allergies? If so, how do you handle it this time of year?

5. What's your go to meal to cook in an hurry?

-----------------------------------------------------

1. Who mows your grass?

Mostly the Pal or the hus. I've occasionally hopped on before, but I'm kind of...well, my husband refers to me as "delicate". As in, "wussy".

I'm pretty much allergic to air. And when a girl who is allergic to air rides on a lawnmower that is cutting grass that is growing in sand, well, things gets dusty.

Then I get sneezy. And sniffly. And itchy. And watery. And whiney. And wheezy. And irritable and cranky and miserable. Miserable feeling AND (prolly more so) miserable to BE AROUND.

So, really, it's just best for everyone involved that I don't mow. Or dust. Or vacuum.

2. Do you have a picture wall or picture gallery in your house (show us! <--- my addition to the question)?

Well...I have good intentions to have a picture wall...does that count?

Baby #5 is 4. Current number of children on wall...4. Poor, sweet, neglected baby. Never made it onto the wall.

I blame the inability to find 5 matching frames. Then the desire to order canvas prints. Then the task of picking out 5 photos for canvas prints. Then the cost to order 5 canvas prints. And...well...yeah.

Good intentions.
3. What book has influenced your thinking the most? Or, what blog? (I want to read what gets people thinking!)

Well, the books I read aren't really influential to any sort of thinking. I read for fun. And I read fast. As you prolly already know, I devour books. Cover to cover, slap 'em shut and promptly forget everything I've just wasted precious time that I could've been sleeping on.

Blog...hmmmmm. I love reading blogs...and I've gotta say that The Pioneer Woman has probably had the most influence on my life. As far as inspiring me to cook new dishes or bake new treats and encouraging me to beef up my photography.

Wow. That's probably the most boring answer I've ever given. Sorry.

4. Do you have allergies? If so, how do you handle it this time of year?

Ugh. Yes. My fall allergies tend to be worse than my spring allergies, and we're still not in prime "allergy season" for spring, so mine aren't horrible right now. Usually I just end up taking some Claritin, maybe toss in some Nasonex and must keep some sort of eye drop nearby.

I just tried Bepreve drops (which reminds me, I need to call my eye doctor) and while the little suckers burn like a mother when I first put them in, they are HEAVEN SENT for preventing me from scratching out my eyeballs.

Now...if I could just do something about my stupid ear canals itching...

5. What's your go to meal to cook in an hurry?

Lately it's been stir-fry. Yummy, quick and healthy. What more could you want? And I've been serving it with quinoa, which I love but the kids kind of turn their noses up at.

Other stand-bys...tacos and spaghetti and if it's really a rush, frozen pizza. I know, I know...Mother of the Year, right?

Hey, at least it fills their bellies.

-----------------------------------------------

Have a fabulous weekend!



Comments

  1. Good intentions about the photo wall. Love it! It's exactly what I would have said, had I thought of it!
    http://amysreallife.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mother of the Year, indeed! I was totally going to put frozen pizza after my tacos for when we're in a real hurry, but I thought (and I quote), "I can't write that. I'll look like 'mother of the year' with that, especially when they're coming from a blog of a woman with five kids who still works outside the home, cooks good meals, takes her kids to all their sports and functions, and still has time to blog! Yep, I'll just leave off the frozen pizza..."

    You're my hero.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Bird! I can't believe I actually put McDonald's. I am totally Mother Schlep of the Year. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ug, itchy ear canals are the worst! I hope this allergy season isn't too bad. Ours has started but so far I haven't been affected too badly. Knock on wood.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I work really hard and I usually provide healthy, home cooked meals for my family and we hardly ever eat out so I don't mind putting frozen pizza, call me Mother Schlep of the Year if you must, he, he, he :) I love your crooked halo Mama M.!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing wrong with frozen pizza once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel so much better after reading these posts......I'm not alone nor do I have to be perfect....it's a long story...but hearing about other mom's lives makes me feel like I'm doing ok! THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've read these posts several times, and this week I'm joining in! I love how they usually share something that you normally wouldn't. Thanks for something new for my blog! Can't wait for many more weeks to join in...

    ReplyDelete
  9. NO PICTURES OF BABY GIRL?!~?!?!?! fer shame.

    I got a really great deal on canvas prints through a groupon sale. Keep an eye on those- they go WAY cheap!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad to be back and joining in again after a hiatus from blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My gallery is in my mind because of money for printing and frames too. But at 4, hasn't #5 complained yet? Or hasn't she noticed?

    Tacos have all the food groups in them! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte