Skip to main content

You know it's a good party when it involves an x-ray...


My poor Aunt Jeannie. Girl is FUN! She was the dancing queen in Mexico and lived up to her legacy back here in the states at my brother's wedding reception. She fell while dancing and as my uncle put it, "With the heels she was wearing, it's like she fell an entire story!"

True. Her shoes were adorable...but, unfortunately, dangerous. She was going to go in for an x-ray of her shoulder yesterday, haven't heard anything yet! She was a great sport though...kept right on dancing through the pain!

I'm not sure that I danced that much in a lonngggggggg time. I was out there for pretty much every song...and my calves are reminding me how much I danced. Ouch.

Let me take you on a photographic walk of my Saturday. Put your walkin' shoes on!

We tried to bring a little Mexico to MinneSOOOOta (acutally, T and I were kinda convinced that replicating my "Mexico Hair" required some level of "inebrity"...it worked!) with some mojitos...and wow were they good! (Kinda looks like a salad in a glass, no?)


Here's a work in progress shot of "the hair".


My bestie and her handsome son.

My handsome boy.

Me and my handsome boy.

My handsome husband and our sweet (clingy) babe.

The lovely Miss Belle.


My gorgeous (and PREGNANT!!!!!) sister-in-law.

My sweet girl wanted to give a speech to her new aunt. It only took her 37 hours to get up the courage to say it, but she said something along the lines of "I just want to say that I'm so happy K. is my aunt." And K. got up and hugged her and before I knew it my eyes were clouded with tears. Such a sweet, tender moment between them!


The first dance of the night.

The second dance of the night, the "Mother/Son" dance in which my babe decided to break in and interrupt by running and twirling around my mom and brother. Hmmmm...should I have stopped her? Yikes. I'll blame it on the mojitos for that poor parenting decision.

My gram and my bro cuttin' a rug!


My adorable Dubya came up to me and asked me to dance with him...he was so cotton-pickin' cute! (Unfortunately, Hambone was having too much dragging himself around the ballroom on his butt to be bothered with any photos.)




Of course, Baby Girl couldn't be left out.


I can not be held responsible for behaviors in the following photos. (Don't ask. I ain't got no rhythm, so I dance with my arms, apparently.)






And, unfortunately for her, it looks like Baby Girl was the recipient of my dancing genes. Just go with the arms, baby...


And that, my friends, was one awesome night!

Comments

  1. It looks like everyone had a good time...especially you! (:>) ("You looked marvelous darling!") Weddings can be such fun.

    Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a wonderful wedding party it looks like fun

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte