Skip to main content

Mr. Wonderfulest 2011!!


Well, it's high time I actually announced the newest Mr. Wonderfulest, dontcha think?!! I apologize for the delay...I wanted to be certain that I read them all, then life got in the way and it got delayed!

Anyway, thank you to all who submitted a post...I had so much fun reading about the amazing men in your lives. I cried, I laughed, and I smiled a whole, whole, whole bunch!
How did you all feel about the "Like" function? (Personally, I loved it...I would probably still be chewing my nails and pacing and sweating trying to figure out who to pick!!)

Without further ado, she who garnered the most "Likes" is:

Emily!!

Emily's post was one of the ones the elicited a tears from me. She and her husband experienced the best day of their lives and the worst day of their lives simultaneously. Seeing the photos of her husband with their son made me smile for their joy and made my heart ache knowing that there should be two babies in his arms.

Emily, your post was amazing! Thank you for submitting it! Contact me and I'll get your gift certificate out to you so you can enjoy some time with that Mr. Wonderfulest of yours!

Thank you, everyone, again for sharing your posts with us! I look forward to next year's contest!!

------------------------------------------

In other news, I had the most amazing dream last night! One of those dreams that is so fun and REAL that when I woke up, I was sad it didn't actually happen!!

It totally deserves it's own post though...later!




Comments

  1. WOW. What a beautiful tribute to a REAL father, a great husband, a man of God. I think you made a very good choice, Mama M. Very good indeed. :)

    But I also wanna kick your butt. Here I am on vacation and you done gone and made me cry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT choice! I do not know her and only saw her blog through the Mr. Wonderful contest. I too shed some tears over her post. I was really pulling the one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still crying over that post. What a beautiful tribute to an obviously wonderful father.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, Emily! I, too, was reduced to tears when I read her story. Mama, you deserve this!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte