Skip to main content

Mom/Daughter Night Out!


Last weekend, one of the Belle's best friends celebrated her Golden Birthday...to help her celebrate, we had a mother/daughter night out!

For us small town country gals, a night in the big city is a big deal!


First on the agenda was a "Mommy and Me" pedi at "Scooops". Ever heard of "Scooops"? I hadn't either, until last winter when I happened across it at the *MOA and declared it to be the cutest thing I've ever seen.

*Mall of America

Turns out, that "Scooops" is part of a lodging chain located in Wisconsin Dells, but the MOA location is their first free standing location! Just a bit of local trivia for you...


Anyway, we had a blast...the girls donned fuzzy pink robes and we all sported tiaras while we got our pedis. It was heaven for our girls!


From there, we headed over (with a barefoot, Crocs holding, Belle) to nab some flippie floppies for my girl who had come unprepared for how to shod ones feet post-pedi. She scored some sweet "squishy" flip flops!

And then...AND THEN?!?! It was the American Girl store...where an attempt was made (I'm not mentioning any names *coughBellecough*) to coerce me into buying an American Girl doll because her friend "talked her mom into flip flops" (when that wasn't in the plan) and was getting an American Girl doll.


A little girl version of "tit for tat", or something.


Her coercing didn't work.

Our tummies were rumbling and growling and I was chewing on my right arm (I was so hungry) whilst the Birthday Girl decided upon her American Girl that she was going to get for her birthday...we decided upon a feast at the "Rainforest Cafe". (Here's some more useless info for ya...the MOA location of the Rainforest Cafe was their first location, built 18 years ago! Cool, huh? Okay, nevermind...)


Never been before...but it was impressive! The service was outstanding and the food was pretty dang tasty, too! (And, don't worry...I actually was wearing clothes. Trust me on this one.)

After a (rather strong) margarita, I was party pooping out, and we went to our night's lodging...woke up bright and early (and by "woke up" I mean I became slightly more awake than I had been all. night. long.), the girls swam, and I lobbied for some Sonic.


Yum.

Then, I went and helped my brother move into his new house and sweated out and worked off any and all calories I had consumed in the previous 24 hours. (This is my mom, everyone say, "Hi mom!")


*Yawn*

I'm tired just reliving all of that in words!

But, I'd do it again in a second.

Minus the moving part. Moving stinks. Literally. Ever smell someone's armpits after moving all dang day? It ain't pretty.

Oh, but speaking of smells...the quote of the weekend came from the birthday girl, who's "Nana's" house we stayed at for our night away...she said, "My Nana smells so good. She smells like...flowers and love."

Flowers and love.

It don't get better'n that.


Comments

  1. Looks like you all had a great time. The American Girl Store is Something else!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just in love with your blog. I swear it's like me talking :) That birthday looked like so much fun. My birthday is next month...wanna do it again :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awh, fun! Over weekend, I was one less state away from you! But still an entire state away. Looks like we BOTH had great, evenful, sleepless weekends, tho!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like fun! I hope I have a niece or daughter to do these things with in the future!

    I cracked up with your "Ever smell someone's armpits after moving all dang day?" question!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like so much fun! I've never been to the American Girl Store, but I hear it's just fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your evening out looks like such fun! I love the Rainforest Cafe!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte