Skip to main content

Joe...He's Huge.


Wow...where does the time go?! I meant to write about this right after we went, but I guess the crippling heat devoured my brain and my energy and all ambition I had to formulate some sort of interesting and captivating post.

Well, fear no more! (Wait...were you fearing?) I have the "Twins Post" for you!

Twins...you know, the baseball team? Not the two babies at one time thing.


Okay...focus, mama...so, last week, the Mr. and I (and his brother and his wife) received some Twins tickets for a Tuesday evening game. Having never been to the brand new Twins stadium, aka "Target Field", I said, "HECK YES" to that gig! (Plus, there was the added benefit of seeing my boyfriend, Joe, playing a little ball. Shhhh...he doesn't know he's my boyfriend, so let's just keep that between you and I, okay?)


We arrived way early and, oh, let me interject...this game was SMACK DAB in the middle of the sweltering heat wave that threatened to kill off all of MinneSOOOOOta with heat stroke...had ourselves a little "sociable" before we set off for the stadium.

Wait...another interjection here...my SIL. She's 31 weeks pregnant. Heat wave. Pregnant. Labor Nurse. Let's just say I'm lucky I'm still alive with all the "Are you okay?" and "Do you need anything?" and "Are you SURE you're okay?"'s that were coming out of my mouth. Lucky for me, she's patient and/or very tolerant and just kept repeating to me over and over that yes, indeed, she was okay.

I've gotta tell you...living in rural MN, where baseball fields are around every corner and turn and sometimes even in people's backyards, it was quite the sight to see this ginormous stadium right in the center of a metropolis.


We walked up to the stadium, and suddenly the smell of hot asphalt (and my failing deodorant) was overcome with the scents of a baseball field...mini donuts, hot dogs, french fries...actually, it was just, plain and simple, the smell of grease.

And it was heavenly.

Being we were still quite early (and the small minor detail of needed to meet the dude that had our tickets) we burned some time walking around ("are you okay?" "are you too hot?" "do you need anything?") and having a bite to eat and a drink.


We finally got our tickets, made our way inside, and were surrounded by "Princesses". Seriously. Chicks in tiaras and sashes and boas. And they were walking around the field. And suddenly, the Mr. bolted ahead and started talking to the one in front of us (whose husband, I kid you not, had sweat marks in the shape of angel wings on his back. I kinda wanted to stick by his side...).


We found out she was a former Centennial Queen or Princess or something or other...to be honest, I didn't care. I had one thing on my mind.

Number 7.

Boy's a hottie. And, kid can play some ball. Apparently, he had the option of playing football or baseball in college. Read an article once that said he and some buddies got together for some pond hockey and he was the best player...even though it was his first time on skates.

Gotta appreciate that kind of athleticism. (Even if there was the whole "bilateral leg weakness" thing this year. I'll forgive him.)

And, holy man is this post long! Stay tuned for Part Two of "Joe...He's Huge."



Comments

  1. I, too, am a Joe fan. :) Well, actually I'm a baseball fan (and I'm sure you're aware of my love for my Yankees) who happens to think Joe is super hot and that I'd love to see that boy in pinstripes. ;) (Don't hit me, 'kay?)
    Looking forward to the rest of your post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. stadium food sounds yummy to me. I love stadium food

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummmm....Joe who???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oohhhhhh this post makes me yearn for baseball. Who am I kidding? I've been yearning since October. ILoveBaseball. And Mr Morneau is MY boyfriend, so I totally get it. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte