Skip to main content

Five Question Friday!! 7/15/11



Holy Hannah Banana...I almost forgot!

*la la la la* *ahem* *mi mi mi mi*

Happy Birthday to you (on the 13th...)
Happy Birthday to you (on the 13th...)
Happy Birthday Dear Little Brother (who's really not so little at 6'4"...)
Happy Birthday to youuuuuuuuuu!!!


Happy Birthday, Lil Bro! I'm sorry I neglected to do this on your actual day! You are (the best...shhhhh, don't tell the others) 1/3 of the bestest brothers a girl could ever have! Hope your day was as fabulous as you are!


Speaking of birthdays...today would have been Verd's 47th birthday, and it is also the Mr.'s sister's birthday. To help her celebrate and to celebrate the birth of a wonderful man that was taken way too soon (grief post coming up...), we are hangin' with the Mr.'s fam tonight!

Okay, onto the Five Question Friday par-TAY!

Rules for 5QF: Copy and paste the following questions to your blog post, answer them, then watch for the linky post to appear on Friday morning!

Questions for Friday, July 14th: (Special thanks to @katieb38, @trooppetrie, @Simply_BC,@PardonMyDust, and @RachelR77 for their question suggestions! I'd love to link YOU in a future 5QF, so head on over to my community or shout 'em out to me on Twitter, remember to@5crookedhalos me and use hashtag #5QF!)

1. If you knew your best friend's spouse was cheating on her or him, would you tell her (him)?

2. Soda in a can or a bottle?

3. What do you wash first, hair or body?

4. What advice would you give to any new mama?

5. What is your best hangover remedy?

-------------------------------------------------

1. If you knew your best friend's spouse was cheating on her or him, would you tell her (him)?

Ugh. This is a hard one.

'Cuz, you know how sometimes it's the messenger that gets shot? Yeah, I dunno.

I'd really have to contemplate this one. Not because I would want to be deceitful, but because I would have to truly determine if it were my place to tell her.

If I think about what I would want done, yes, I would want my best friend to tell me. So, with that said, I think I would tell her.

Ugh. Maybe not. I hate hurting people. I never, ever, ever repeat mean/nasty/bad things I hear about my loved ones because I don't want to hurt them. And, what's the purpose of telling someone something hurtful?

What's the gain?

Who benefits from hearing negative things about themselves? (And, I'm not talking constructive critiscism...I'm talking downright negatives.)

Whoa. Deep question.

2. Soda in a can or a bottle?

Siiiiiggggghhhhhh...Pam, Pam, Pam. Pop. It's POP, not soda. How many times must I tell you, dear friend? ;)

Actually, I choose "none of the above".

My favorite form of POP is fountain POP. Specifically, ice cold Coke from McDonald's.

Yum.

Great. Now I want one.

3. What do you wash first, hair or body?

Dude, I'm totally a hair first, kinda girl.

I've got a lot of hair, so I wash it and get quite the lather going, then while I'm rinsing, I start on the ol' bod.

Head to toe, ending with my face and my Clarisonic!

Wow. Don't you feel so enlightened knowing that about me?!

Awkward. *blushes*

Moving on...

4. What advice would you give to any new mama?

Throw away your clock!!!

Ain't nothing good ever come from clock watchin'! Or something.

Seriously, sweet young mother, toss the clock. Watch your baby instead! If he acts hungry, feed him (even if it's only been an hour)...except in those early days. Every two hour feedings. WAKE THE BABY! You'll be happier at night.

Oh, and most of all...enjoy it.

Savor it.

Soak it in.

Inhale every. single. second.

Don't rush the milestones.

Take it from me, the lady who put her newborn baby boy to sleep one night, and when she woke up, he was 15 and had a girlfriend and drove a car and had a job.

*sniffle*

5. What is your best hangover remedy?

Once upon a time, when I did stupid things like drink entire bottles of Captain Morgan (Wait. Clarification...not entire bottleS. No plural. Did it once. That was enough. Forever and ever amen. I hate than damn Captain...) I had a fool proof hangover remedy.

That is, once I could stop vomiting long enough to get some. (Yes, I am NOT a "good drinker"...is there such a thing?)

My remedy?

KFC mashed potatoes and gravy.

Worked everytime.

However...the tides have changed. Now, if I'm feelin' punk after a night of fun (which happens, what...once every 2-5 years?!), I want (see above answer to #2) an ice cold Coke and some fries from McDonald's.

Please and thank you!

--------------------------------------------------

Hope you all have wonderful weekends! I'm a workin' girl this weekend. Wait. Er...that sounds SOOOOO wrong! I mean, I have to work this weekend. You know, at my L&D gig.

Phew. Glad we cleared that up! ;)





Comments

  1. You're lucky that you woke up and only one was driving, etc...when I woke up, even the baby had gone off to college leaving me here with this man. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your 5Qf's! I also love the link for the blog hop! I am hosting a giveaway on my blog for anyone interested! Have a great weekend and thanks for the great ideas : ))

    ReplyDelete
  3. The neatest thing for me in blogland is being able to hear/learn from other mommy's that have been there and done that. I have really taken everyone's advice to savor it while they are little. They are only little once. Thanks for hosting, as always entertaining way to get through the day before the weekend.
    ~Kimberlee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to your lil' bro. It's nice to have a sibling who's close to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great advice about just throwing away your clock! Worry about how much sleep you get will get you no where but pissed off. I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. POP. POP. POP. POP. POP. Yes, M....this is just ONE OF the reason I love you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Had fun reading yours and writing my answers! Thanks for doing this:)
    And HAPPY BIRTHDAY to all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes, I compeltely forgot about waking the baby... I'm all about taking cues from the baby - we have enough instincts to figure out what it is they need that no book can ever teach you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YES.....its POP! Ha....Love having fellow Minnesotans here in blogland!
    Great Answers, almost identical to mine! Ha...great minds must think alike. Or its the MN connection we have.

    ReplyDelete
  10. you are my kind of girl right down to the fries and coke!Yip, that whole baby and schedule thing? PLLLEEAASSEEEE!! My first I tried the whole schedule thing and had major postpardum and a baby that I nearly starved. Not knowing being a first time Mom....it still makes me sick to my stomach thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for hosting. I'm anew follower and I added the hop to my post today. www.workingonaproject.blogspot.com.

    Totally agree with your mama/baby advice :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Joining 5QF for the first time!! Check out my answers here.

    Zelma @ Zelma's Workshop

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday to your bro! I tried to follow a clock. I agree throw it away!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another great week!! I missed last week, but I am back again this week! Really great questions this week! I enjoyed answering them!

    Mandy @ Atlanta Military Mom
    http://atlantamilitarymom.com/five-question-friday-4-5qf

    ReplyDelete
  15. here in New Zealand we call pop or soda soft drinks or fizzy :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I agree with what you said about new moms--time does go by so fast. I can't believe my baby is 8!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy birthday to your bro! :)
    And I'm with you...it's POP!
    Great advice to new moms, too. You're such a sharp cookie! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. We call it coke... even if it's dr. pepper. haha! so funny how everyone calls it something different :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte