Skip to main content

Five Question Friday!! 7/29/11


Hey there, hi there, ho there! This week has been all goofed up for me, my work schedule was different and it totally threw me...so it doesn't feel like Friday!


Well, Teya (aka "calfie") has been successfully moved to her new (old) home back on the farm. More on that later.

I can not believe that it's almost August. I am so not ready for summer to be over. Our spring seemed to last forever, so I feel like summer just began. And I am DEFINITELY NOT ready for school to start.

Anyway, before the weekend gobbles me up and poops me out like some bad Mexican food, let's get this Five Question Friday party going!

Welcome to 5QF, new and old! I hope you will enjoy yourself...I have found the 5QF is my "get out of jail free" card for blogging. A post that is fun and easy to do!

Rules for 5QF: Copy and paste the following questions to your blog post, answer them, then watch for the linky post to appear on Friday morning!

Questions for Friday, July 29th: (Special thanks to @katieb38, @ByGollyMsHolly,@MarandaLamping, Sandy, and Pam for their question suggestions! Wanna be linked in a future Five Question Friday? Well, c'mon over to my community or watch for my Twitter shout out on Thursday mornings and offer up your best question suggestions! Remember to@5crookedhalos me using hashtag #5QF if you go the Twitter route!)

1. Vow renewal ceremonies-yay or nay?

2. What sound/s annoy you the most?

3. If you had to pick, would you have only all boys, or only all girls for kids?

4. Do you believe in alternative medicine?

5. Would you take a family member's children and raise them if they needed it?

------------------------------------------

1. Vow renewal ceremonies-yay or nay?

*Thinking long and hard* You know, here's where I stand on vow renewal ceremonies.

I'm not a nay. But I'm not a yay.

I think, that if you have had marital struggles, issues, obstacles that you have overcome and have recommitted yourself to your spouse, the yes, I do think a vow renewal ceremony would be appropriate. Perhaps even necessary.

But a renewal ceremony for an anniversary? Meh. If you've made it to 15, 30, 70 years of marriage, you've got a good thing, no need to renew anything. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

One more "however", though. Say you take a big, special vacation to celebrate a special anniversary. I see nothing wrong with renewing your vows, just a small, special, intimate ceremony with you and your spouse, while on vacation.

The end.

2. What sound/s annoy you the most?

There is no competition to this one. If your "most annoying sound" isn't what I'm about to say, then clearly you haven't experienced the most annoying sound.

EVER.

The most annoying sound, hands down, is...*drumroll please*

A mosquito. Buzzing in your ear. While you are trying to sleep.

I kid you not, I have lost ENTIRE nights of sleep because of one damn mosquito, hell bent on driving me to the edge. Seriously...it's like they taunt you.

bzzzzzzzzzzzzz *quiet* bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz *closer* BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ *so close you can feel the draft from it* BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!! *right into your ear*

3. If you had to pick, would you have only all boys, or only all girls for kids?

Oh gosh. I'm not sure that I could!!

Prior to having kids, I totally thought I was a "girl mom". Now that I have some of each, I think I'd go bonkers with just one "kind"! ;)

When you hear people tell you how different boys and girls are, then you have a newborn and think, "hmmmm...well, besides having to take cover when changing a diaper, boys and girls really aren't all that different", then that newborn grows up, and WHAM!!!

Those differences have never been so glaring! The way they handle conflict, the rough and tumble vs. the emotional roller coaster. So different...but, BUT...if you MADE me choose?

Well, I have to say the emotional roller coaster gets rather old and sometimes annoying.

You tell me which gender is the "emotional roller coaster". ;)

4. Do you believe in alternative medicine?

I believe that there should be a balance. I do NOT think one way or the other is the best answer.

Making your body perform at it's best is key, tossing in pills for this and that and then more to treat the side effects of those? Not good.

Does cancer need Western Medicine? Yes.

Should you also seek alternative therapies to assist your body in doing all it can to fight it off naturally? You betcha.

Balance. It's where it's at.

5. Would you take a family member's children and raise them if they needed it?

Abso-stinkin'-lutely!! Of course, I would need to consider the situation and determine what is best for our family, but if a family member's children were slated to go to foster care, I would take them in.

I know there are a lot of fabulous foster families out there, but I also know there are some awful ones. I would want to protect those innocent children from anymore upheaval in their lives by taking the chance of sending them to a foster home that is less than ideal.

The Mr. and I have, actually, lightly discussed fostering. I would love to be able to be the supportive and loving home while a parent either gets their life together or a family who is longing for a child goes through the adoption process.

We'll see. Time will tell, but yes, I would take in a family member's children.

In a heartbeat.

---------------------------------------

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!



Comments

  1. Great week! You and I had the same stance on the taking children issue. and I can't say I have ever had a mosquito buzzing in my ear, but from your explanation I can imagine that is an annoying sound! Anything is annoying when it keeps you from sleep!

    Have a GREAT weekend.

    Mandy
    http://atlantamilitarymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Especially Q3 Take Cover when changing boys, oh boy, not so ready for that! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha, i forgot about bugs in the ear... seriously, very annoying!

    i would have totally agreed with you on balance until my hubby started working in a hospital. now i see the 'politics' behind the medicine... they don't always have the patient's best interest at heart :-( so sad.

    great questions this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! Oh! I know the answer to number 3! GIRLS are the emotional roller coaster. I have three of them. Help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, we are so opposite on the school issue! I am VERY ready for my girls to start again. They need something to do to keep them out of each others hair. Ug.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great answers!
    Thank you so much for hosting! I missed the Friday Five I was apart of on Y360 so long ago!
    http://trgarris.blogspot.com/2011/07/five-question-friday-july-29.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never hear mosquito's buzzing at night when I am sleeping! haha! I guess that is how they attack me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too will not mind taking care of relatives kids it my current situation permits.

    ReplyDelete
  9. NEW FOLLOWER, WOULD LOVE TO HAVE A FOLLOW BACK PLZ :) iM JUST STARTiNG OUT, THANKS !
    http://jenni-reviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Questions this week Mama M! I was grabbed my the alternative medicine question! Love reading all the answers to that one!

    Blessings!
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte