Skip to main content

Five Question Friday 7/8/11


I'm heading to the MOA today! The Belle and I are having mother/daughter time with some great friends of our to celebrate Belle's friend's Golden Birthday! There's this cute little "kid spa" at the mall that we might be checking out, called "Scoops" and I'm dying to see if it's really as cute as it looks!


I'll most definitely let you know 'bout that little nugget.

From there, I'm headed to my big bro's new house to help he and my future SIL move in! Then, on Sunday, Mr. Wonderful's brother is celebrating his 40th. Crazy busy weekend!

Anyway, let's get this party started!

Welcome to the home of Five Question Friday...the most fun you'll have all weekend. (**Disclaimer: That is not a guarantee...don't hold me to that. But, I will promise that you'll have fun. End disclaimer**)

Rules for 5QF: Copy and paste the following questions to your blog post, answer them, then watch for the linky to appear on Friday morning! And most of all...most importantly...HAVE FUN!!

Questions for Friday, July 8th: (Special thanks to Sandy, Pam, @chickensbees,@kristinascackle, and @my4redheads for their question suggestions! Seriously, thank you! If YOU would like to be linked in a future 5QF, just head over to my community and offer up your best question suggestions, or shout 'em out to me on Twitter [@5crookedhalos] using hashtag #5QF!)

1. Do you think cursive writing is overrated? (Schools in Indiana have now voted to take teaching cursive writing out of their curriculum.)

2. Do you still use a pocket calendar or notepad or do you keep your info on your smart phone?

3. What 3 things would you save if your house was burning down? (family & pets are already safe)

4. Country Mouse or City Mouse, err Person?

5. If you could pick ANY reality show to go on, which would you pick?

----------------------------------------

1. Do you think cursive writing is overrated? (Schools in Indiana have now voted to take teaching cursive writing out of their curriculum.)

Okay, before I go on any further, I just have to tell you this. As I was writing this out, "curriculum" was spelled wrong and one of the words spell check had suggested was "speculum" and somehow, I accidentally accepted it and read that last sentence of the question, but replace "curriculum" with "speculum".

Yeah, I just about died laughing.

Anyway, back to the question...yes. I do think cursive is overrated. Except for signatures. Which then makes learning cursive rather important, no? So, I take it back. Cursive...not overrated.

The end.

2. Do you still use a pocket calendar or notepad or do you keep your info on your smart phone?

Well, "still use" would imply that at one point I actually did, indeed, use a paper and pencil calendar. Which, in some conversations, could be true. As in, I tried.

See, I suffer from a little bit of what you'd call "disorganization". And, calendars fall under some form or another of "organization".

But, I'M TRYING! I have been using my iCal and my phone calendar as much as I can!! Is it helping? I dunno, but at least I feel like I'm trying!

3. What 3 things would you save if your house was burning down? (family & pets are already safe)

My computer(s), my camera and...

Um...and. Let's see here...

Erm...ah...lemme think. Well, let's go with the tote full of old photos as my third thing. I mean, gosh...imagine the stuff that's in there, what with pictures like this of me floating around the internet! ;)

4. Country Mouse or City Mouse, err Person?

Once upon a time, I would've laughed AT you if you'd've told me I was gonna be a country dweller.

In fact, remember last week's answer to #5? Well, I spent some time with some high school friends over the 4th. We were chatting, when Tim McGraw's "Where the Green Grass Grows" made it's way around on the iPod.

"Awwww", I said to my buddy A., "This reminds me of high school!"

"Hmmmm...not high school, I don't think. Because I remember you singing it, and you wouldn't have sung this in high school! You were definitely dating Mr. Wonderful!" (See, even my friends call him Mr. Wonderful!) ;)

And, she was right.

But...BUT, what matters is that I am, and will never be anything BUT, a Country Mouse. (I would, however, give my right arm to be a "Country Mouse that Lives on a Lake".)

5. If you could pick ANY reality show to go on, which would you pick?

"Survivor".

No, scratch that...the skeeters would drive me bonkers. Unless, you know, one day they decide to do Survivor in, for example, Windsor Palace. Then, yeah, Survivor.

Since the Royal fam prolly doesn't let weird, blonde, Polish, clumsy girls into their palace, I'll pick "Dancing with the Stars".

Oh, wait. Yeah...clumsy. Nevermind that one.

OOOOOOOOHHHHHHH...I KNOW!! "House Hunters on Vacation"! (But, on someone else's dime.)

Actually...know what I'd like to see? I think TLC or HGTV (you know, they've got Dooce, so this could totally work...) should do "America's Next Top Blogger"! How fun would that be?

"American Idol" meets "America's Next Top Model" meets "The Apprentice" meets "Survivor in the Royal Palace" ('cept for that "Royal Palace" bit). So fun.

Okay, peeps...you saw it here first. This is MY idea. Now...to find some investors... ;) Who wants to sign up for *ANTB?

*America's Next Top Blogger

--------------------------------------------------

Have a fabulous weekend!



Comments

  1. I always enjoy reading your answers! The mosquitoes are killer here! You try to swat them away, and they laugh in your face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Signatures! I completely forgot about learing to write cursive so you could sign something! Good point.

    I also can't believe I didn't think about taking my computer! I would be lost. But, I guess if I lost my home I might not be surfing the internet a lot anyway.

    Thanks, as always, for setting up the Five Question Friday.

    Have a great weekend with all your action!

    ReplyDelete
  3. America's Next Top Blogger---LOL I might have to change my opinion about reality tv for that one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Survivor Windsor Palace gets my vote!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi - Following via the hop - I saved the same things from my "fire"! LOL!

    Love your answers! Thanks for having this hop!

    Happy Friday
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would watch America's Net Top Blogger! I certainly don't think I'd be cut out to participate, but it would be great to see how some of you top blogging ladies do it, I could gain some great tips, live!

    If they do away with cursive writing, can you imagine the signatures out there for the next generations?! Maybe by then they won't be signing things anymore, just fingerprints. Pretty archaic if you ask me, not something I think is futuristic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ROFL!!! I love Survivor, and watch if faithfully, but I too have said if you really put me out there, after three days I would be such a big B that I would be voted off so fast. But I'm liking the Windsor Castle idea, of course would that make it more like Big Brother? I'm not a fan of that show, but the intro was on the tube while I was looking at Facebook last night and it seemed like it was the most ridiculous show ever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is one hot picture... I can totally see why you would save it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your answers! I'm with you on survivor sounds like fun until your actually there and then i'm thinking not so fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. A kid spa sounds like fun. I would love to take my daughter to one! I'll have to look around here to see if there is anything like that. I hope you have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome questions! I answered them on my blog today for the first time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I could care less about anything else but the pictures

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte