Skip to main content

Five Question Friday!! 7/22/11


Uh oh. It's 12:33 am...I've had 2 Mike's Lemonades (actually, they were the Bacardi style Mike's...not "real" Mike's. Is that good or bad?)...and I've got 36 minutes of laptop battery life left.


This could get interesting.

Spur of the moment, the Mr. and I went to an outdoor concert weekend thingamajig tonight. We bickered all the way there about the age old things we bicker about, when we go round and round and finally just agree to disagree, or something, and call a truce and move on with life.

We got there, not knowing anyone else that was going, and ran into all sorts of people we knew at every turn. Crazy, small town living for you!

Okay, onto the blog hop!

Welcome to Five Question Friday! The perfect place for you to be if your muses have up and run off to join the circus!

Rules for 5QF: Copy and paste the following questions to your blog post, answer them, then watch for the linky to appear Friday morning and link up! The next rule is rigidly enforced and you can NOT participate if you break this rule...ready? You MUST...HAVE FUN!!! :)

Questions for Friday, July 22nd: (Special thanks to @ThisDaddys_Blog, @LauraPankratz,@PattiJensen, @zachsgang, @emenchho1 for their question suggetions! I love to share links, and I would LOVE to link you [blog OR twitter] in a future 5QF, so come on over to my Five Question Friday thread in my community and offer up your best question suggestions...or watch for my shout out for question on Thursdays and throw your best ones at me! Don't forget to @5crookedhalos me and try to remember to use hashtag #5QF!)

1. If your husband had the BIG V and you got pregnant what would your first reaction be? For the dudes, what would your first reaction be if your wife told you she was pregnant after the Big V?

2. Best memory about this summer so far.

3. How often do you change your sheets? Your kids sheets?

4. Having just gone through TSA, would you rather have a full-body scan or a pat-down?

5. Since it is fair time...what's your favorite fair (county or state) memory?

--------------------------------------

1. If your husband had the BIG V and you got pregnant what would your first reaction be? For the dudes, what would your first reaction be if your wife told you she was pregnant after the Big V?

You know, I've always wondered about this. (PS..."Big V" means "vasectomy") I always think men would automatically think "well, who's bed have your boots been under?" (for the record...'cuz I'm all about honesty over here, I initially typed out that last sentence as "who's boots have your bed been under"...geez.)

My reaction would probably be one of surprise, quickly followed by, "well, apparently Someone had other plans"!

I think.

2. Best memory about this summer so far.

Well, I've gotta say that yesterday's swimming ranked right up there!

The whole time, I kept thinking, "we're making memories!!! My kids are going to remember this forever!" (and I hope they do!)...right down to the soaring Bald Eagle in the sky and my mom coming home from her girl's night (over night) out to join us!

See...my mom once told me that when she dies, she wants us to remember her whenever we see a Bald Eagle. So, there we were, frolicking in the water when I spotted the eagle and pointed it out to my kids.

Next thing I know, here comes mine mama walking down the stairs to the dock, all ready to jump in the river with us!

Then, I got out...climbed up on the dock...and launched myself back in the water.

After which I earned the nickname "Tsunami".

Nice.

3. How often do you change your sheets? Your kids sheets?

Ugh. Do I really hafta answer this?

I'm embarrassed.

See...I have enough of a time keeping up with just the day to day laundry, not to mention the sheets.

Obviously, if someone barfs on their sheets, they get them cleaned...otherwise, it's once a month...if we're lucky.

Emphasis on "if we're lucky".

Grody. I need a sheet schedule.

ASAP, please.

4. Having just gone through TSA, would you rather have a full-body scan or a pat-down?

Gosh...you know...the pat down doesn't seem so horrible to me. For kids, yeah, but for adults? Meh. Whatev.

Is this "scan" similar to an x-ray? (I'm not very informed about these things...) 'Cuz if it is, I'd take the pat down. No need for extra exposure to radiation in my opinion.

'Course, I'm very cavalier about this, as I've never been subjected to either and can't really form an opinion since I'm rather uninformed about the whole thing. 'Cept for that 6 year old (or however old she was) getting a TSA pat-down. That just seemed so wrong.

5. Since it is fair time...what's your favorite fair (county or state) memory?

Would you believe that I've never, ever been to our state fair?

It's true. Never. I think the Mr. almost didn't marry me because of this fact, as he spent a lot of time at our state fair as a child for 4H stuff.

Funny...he's never brought me. After all these years of marriage...and all the State Fair stories I've heard, you'd think he'd want me to experience it!! Apparently not, though, since every year it rolls around, there always seems to be something better to do (like work!) that keeps us from going!

----------------------------------------

Oh dear, guys...my eyes are crossing. I'm beat. I'm exited to sleep in my own bed. I'm happy the weather has cooled down. And, I'm buzzed from my Mike's. Time for sleepy...have a wonderful weekend!




Comments

  1. How was your dirty sleep? Haha.
    I've learned to have a second set of sheets on stand by then I can quickly/easily swap them out. We don't have a big to-do for bedding (fitted, flat, blanket, cover) so it's no biggie.
    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I need a sheet schedule too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom washed the sheets EVERY week and even had it written on a calendar in the laundry room. I am not that disciplined or clean (apparently). Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh I have great memories from swimming in a river :) I try to wash our sheets every week, but tend to forget and so they sometimes get washed every 2 weeks, haha! Loved the questions for this week, or any week of that matter :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree on the whole sheet schedule thing. When you find one, can you share! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry about your nickname. So rude! Funny.... but rude! Hehhehe...

    I love your honesty statement. It took me a moment to recognize the error in what was typed though. HAHAHA! What does that say about me? argh..

    Just plead the fifth on your sheets, like I did and leave everyone guessing. :) By all means, share a schedule though... and soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sign me up for the sheet schedule!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What never been to the fair. I think that you need to go as soon as possible. As for the sheets, I have so much to do that I can't imagine adding wash sheets and remake beds very often.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Reading everyone's "sheet changing" answers is making me think that tomorrow better be my laundry day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sheet schedule.. that is awesome.
    And I love typo's, they make us laugh and keep us young.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Apparently I need a sheet schedule too, and I am sooooo happy to see I'm not the only one who has an "issue". :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte