Skip to main content

Weekend ReCap...


Well, this weekend was about as busy a weekend as we've had in a while! We're kinda homebodies, so we don't get out much, but this weekend we did!

Our local Boy's and Girl's Club held a fundraiser on Friday night...we attended it last year and had a BLAST, and this year was no exception (tho' a bit more mellow...)! Lot's of dancing, sampling food from local restaurants, wine tasting, and some boogyin'!


Good times with the in-laws...





Yeah, I did drag the Mr. out on the dance floor a few times...I dunno what it is, but you get a few Mike's Lemonades in me, and I feel the need to serenade him songs like "Are You Gonna Kiss Me or Not" while slow dancing. Poor guy.

Once, upon returning to our table from the dance floor, our fellow tablemates got real quiet. I thought it was a little strange, but a few more drinks for my BIL, and he was singin' like a canary! "*hee hee* Did you see any pictures on your camera?! *hee hee*"



So, I flipped through a few and WHOA!!

Barenaked BIL butt. Ewwwwwww. So, of course, I HAD to put it on my blog. Well, kinda:


:)

Then, Saturday, E.W celebrated his half birthday.

No, we don't make it a habit of celebrating half birthdays, but we DO let them start having kid parties in 1st grade, and since his birthday falls at a crazy, busy time of the year, we missed the opportunity to have his party around his actual birthday, and so I promised him a 1/2 Birthday Party.

What was I thinking? Ugh. Boys are crazy when they get together. And I thought Belle's pool party was bad?! GAH! That was a cake walk compared to these little hooligans!


After the party, we got to work on something I've been thinking about doing for awhile...and while we were at aforementioned fundraiser, we asked if we could buy something.

Something a little strange, and we got funny looks...but, well, we asked if we could buy some of the decorations. (Weird, I know.) Yeah, we asked if we could have the straw bales that they used for decorations and so, on Saturday, we picked up the 10 bales waiting for us and are going to try our hand at straw bale gardening this year!


Wish us luck. My hubby is an agronomist, and so is dreaming up all sorts of concoctions with which to fertilize our bales. (I'm kind of afraid they're going to disintegrate with what he's telling me he's going to put on them!)


Rest assured, I'll keep you posted on how our garden grows!

Then, the pinnacle of the weekend, was our girl's very first piano recital! Which deserves a post all it's own!!



Comments

  1. Can you believe we are having a hard time finding hay bales here. Now if I wanted pine straw it is everywhere. Our garden looks good but would love to have straw barrels

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the photos except those including your BIL. Sounds like a rich weekend, and perhaps it was just what you needed?

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to find your Blog (I signed on to Follow). Found you thru Keli.
    Great photos - the kind that make me smile.
    Looks like fun!

    Come see me sometime and say Hello.
    ~Sweet Tea

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte