Skip to main content

Five Question Friday! 5/13/11


Well, it's about dang time, Blogger!!


Quickly, here are the questions:

1. Tube socks, calf socks, crew, ankle, none? (From@ThisDaddys_Blog)

2. Was your childs (children's) name a mutual decision or was it a debate? If you don't have children, do you plan on giving your spouse a say, or do you have a name you MUST have, regardless if your other half likes it or not?! (From @mamatodh)

3. What is your favorite type of weather? (From@TheSpunkyDiva)

4. If left to your own devices, what time would you wake up every day? (From Sandy at "Pardon My Dust")

5. Have you bought your cemetery plots yet? (From Pam at "Troop Petrie")

----------------------------------------------------------


1. Tube socks, calf socks, crew, ankle, none? (From@ThisDaddys_Blog)

Calf socks in the winter ankle or none in summer!

I can't handle ankle socks with jeans...it just feels too weird! And, most of summer I'm acutally in flippie floppies, but if I have to put on a pair of tennis shoes (you know if I'm, God forbid, going to exercise or something) then it's time to break out the ankle socks!

Plus...I wear calf socks (I believe it's "crew socks") at work...I feel more protected from blood splatters that way!

2. Was your childs (children's) name a mutual decision or was it a debate? If you don't have children, do you plan on giving your spouse a say, or do you have a name you MUST have, regardless if your other half likes it or not?! (From @mamatodh)

Yup, mutual. Although, I never had one of those names picked out that I JUST HAD TO HAVE, you know?!

E.W proved to be our hardest one to name...I wanted Isaac, the Mr. wanted Wyatt, and we just couldn't agree to each other's name!

So, he ended up with E.W. Weird, I know. ;)

3. What is your favorite type of weather? (From@TheSpunkyDiva)

My ideal day is humidity free, mid to upper 70's, with a light breeze. Perfect for hangin' out at the beach or outside or just for sittin' on the deck sippin' on a cold Mike's Lemonade.

Wednesday was one of those days. But I was too sad to enjoy it. :(

4. If left to your own devices, what time would you wake up every day? (From Sandy at "Pardon My Dust")

See, this is a tricky question for me. I get up to say good-bye to my school aged kids everyday, then go back to bed...I drag myself out of bed about 9-9:30, when my little ones wake me up, but I'm usually tired and groggy.

I've tried staying awake after I see the big kids off, but then mid afternoon arrives and I can barely stay awake!

When the Mr. and I have been on vacation (okay, so yeah...it was only one time) I would wake up about 9 am everyday. Refreshed, relaxed, rejeuvenated! I totally thought I would be asleep until noon, but I just couldn't sleep past 9!

I think it was because my sleep was sooooooo amazing, that I didn't need to sleep longer! There were no midnight potty breaks to wake up for, no 5 am "kid crawling into bed with us" disruptions, no 6am alarm for the Mr. going off, no seeing kids off to school...just a gloriously uninterrupted 8 hours of sleep...ahhhhh...

5. Have you bought your cemetery plots yet? (From Pam at "Troop Petrie")

No, we haven't. Our church had a little "sale" on plots awhile ago...actually it wasn't so much a sale but more of a "the prices are gonna go up so, GET YOURS NOW!!!!". But we didn't bite.

So, we remain plotless...we really need to work on a will, first!




Comments

  1. I totally "get it" about the ankle socks with jeans. It just doesn't feel right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since my nice little do something good post about Kiva got erased, I was glad to stumble across your nice little fun hop.

    :)

    Thanks for a wee bit o' blog fodder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been thinking about you this week. Praying that your heart finds some sweet relief. If ever you need anything please don't hesitate to ask ... we can't be THAT far away from each other!

    Hope your weekend is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Question #2 should be for Twitter @Mamatodh :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte