Skip to main content

Five Question Friday! 5/20/11


I'm wondering what happened to May? Last I knew I mistakenly thought April 5th was Cinco de Mayo, and now here I am, nearly June, and I seem to have misplaced my May.


If anyone sees my May laying around, could you please send it home? Only make sure it keeps it's rain and 30 degree weather. I only want my May back if it brings 70's with it.

Alright...any big plans this weekend? The Mr. and I are headed to a benefit for our local chapter of the Boys and Girls Club. Last year it was a rollicking good time, and I'm in need of a rollicking good time, so let's hope it's a repeat of last year's!

Welcome to Five Question Friday! Let's get this party started!

Rules for Five Question Friday: Copy and paste the following questions to your blog post, answer them, then watch for the linky to appear on Friday morning and LINK UP! Oh, andhaving fun is a MUST!

Questions for Friday, May 19th: (Special thanks to @joleneslavik, @ThisDaddys_Blog,@deannajw, Christine, and Sandy for their question suggestions! I would love to link YOU in a future 5QF, so just c'mon over to my community to offer up your best question suggestions, or just watch for my Twitter shout out for questions and @5crookedhalos me using hashtag #5QF!)

1. Do you and your spouse go to bed at the same time?

2. A question for the ladies...What kind of facial hair do you like on your man?

3. What's the worst vacation you've ever taken?

4. What's the first-ever blog you followed?

5. Do you enjoy amusement parks?

-------------------------------------------------

1. Do you and your spouse go to bed at the same time?

When we're both home, typically yes, we do. However, there are glaring differences in when we actually fall asleep.

My husband is the "deep in REM sleep as soon as his head hits the pillow" type. I'm more of the lightly drifting off to slee...WAIT! what was that sound???? You know, more of the take my time to fall into a dee...OHMIGOSH!! I totally forgot we need milk and what will the kids eat in the morning?! Okay, um...I'm the one who takes a wee bit longer to set...OH DEAR! I need to sign the kids up for summer activities in the morning!!

Yeah, you get the drift. Takes me a while. Him, not so much.

2. A question for the ladies...What kind of facial hair do you like on your man?

Oooh, this is a tough one.

I loooooove!!! The look of a 5 o'clock shadow on my man, or the once in a lifetime goatee he sported after an extended camping trip left him more than a little scruffy and he shaved his scruff into a dashing goat. Mmmmmm, hmmmm!! LOVED the look of that!

BUT. Kissing it? Meh, not so much. It hurts! It's scratchy and prickly and itchy and makes my face all red.

So, for looking: Scruff. For kissing: Smooth as a baby's butt, please!

3. What's the worst vacation you've ever taken?

Hmmmm...can a vacation ever really be bad?

There was this one time...(say it with me, "at band camp") when we were but a wee family of four. We decided to be brave little souls, and take our adorably perfect family of mom, dad, boy, girl, camping.

Now, being the wise, young woman I was, I knew that a WHOLE camping trip was asking too much, so I booked us a few days at the end of the trip to stay in the comfy confines of a nice little hotel in Duluth, MN...one of our favorite spots in the whole world!

Turns out, when you have a not quite one year old who doesn't yet sleep through the night and a weather forcast that includes lots and lots and lots and, oh did I mention, LOTS of rain, that camping really isn't that much fun.

In fact, I think I'd rather strip wall paper while wearing a thong and listening to the Carpenter's sing "Merry Christmas Darling" than live through that again. *shudder* Yes, it WAS that bad.

Turns out my brilliance with the hotel paid off in spades, tho...because, as it turns out, I equate the success of that vacation based on those last few days in Duluth, which were incredibly fun and filled with wonderful memories (which cloud the bad memories of those preceeding few days...)!

4. What's the first-ever blog you followed?

The very first time I had ever heard about a "blog" was when I read a story in a local paper about a set of 24 week twins.

Their mama has such a gift for writing, and they are so darn cute, that I was hooked! Then that blog led to another blog, which mentioned a certain little boy with a heart condition, which is where I learned about a certain rancher's wife with a gift for cooking and photography, which is where I now check in first thing daily.

The end.

5. Do you enjoy amusement parks?

I LOVE amusement parks!

Back when I was younger, I used to love them even more, but as I've "aged" I've developed motion sickness, which really, really, really sucks when you enjoy rides! I can still do the roller coasters...but anything "spinny", fugheddaboudit. *barf*

Now I love them more for the fun I see my kids having. Every year we go to "ValleyFair", our state's (much, much smaller, less fancy) Six Flags! It's always a good time and is talked about all year long. My grandpa STILL goes on the big rollercoasters, and he'll be 81 this year!

He and my gram are the ones that started this tradition...and man, oh man, am I glad they did! This will be one we will carry on for a long, long time!!

--------------------------------------------

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Comments

  1. OMG!!! I swear I was the only one that developed motion sickness aversion to roller coasters since getting older. Everyone would look at me like I was crazy. I still ride them but have to hold onto someone to regain my balance trying to exit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for hosting as always. I agree... can a vacation ever trully be bad? Yours did sound pretty rough {though I love the Carpenter's christmas chorals.}
    ~Kimberlee
    {Accuquilt Giveaway} 

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this week's Qs!!! how fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband is the same as yours, dead asleep within seconds of his head hitting the pillow. I often will lay there for another 1-2 hours reading, thinking or watching TV while he snores away next to me. Romantic, no?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our family camping trips always get rained out. And the first time we went with our first child (under age 1) he cried All Night Long! He'd start screaming...then we'd hear other children wake up on down the camping line. got some dirty looks next morning! But it was unseasonable cold, and I have memories of sweating to the point of sickness in a tent at night.
    Now we are wise and prepared: 30 foot tarp over entire camping spot, smaller one over tent, coins for laundry, footie pj's and extra blankets! We are determined!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this weeks questions. I am so joining in and have reposted them to my blog with a link back to you.

    ~ Chavon
    www.theromanhousehold.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I sure agree with you about the month of May. What do you mean it's almost June? Crazy! Eeekk... that means my anniversary is coming up (June 24th). I always get my hubby a little something. I better start thinking!

    What is it about men that they can fall asleep the minute the head hits the pillow? I'm jealous about that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too am not so keen about roller coasters now.. guess age is catching up with me

    ReplyDelete
  9. I developed that motion sickness thing about 9 yrs ago...funny my oldest is almost 9...coincidence? I think not!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte