Skip to main content

Five Question Friday! 5/6/11


The first Five Question Friday of May! I sorta feel like I should run over to your house with a basket full of candy, knock on your door then dash around the corner and wait for you to open the door.


'Course, if you were, oh say, Brad Pitt, maybe I'd take my time dashing around the corner.

But in any event, May Day is over...so I won't ding-dong-dash you. I will, however, get very lengthy in my responses to the 5QF questions! Just like every week! (Oh yay!! Lucky you!)

Moving on...

Welcome to Five Question Friday--the easiest blog hop around! (Actually, welcome to the Thursday Night Sneak Peek of the 5QF questions!) Remember this post, is just a chance for you to get a little look-see at the questions ahead of time so that when Friday rolls around, your post is all ready to be linked up!

Rules for 5QF: Copy and paste the following questions to your blog post, answer them, then watch for the linky post to appear tomorrow morning and link up! Remember, most importantly, to HAVE FUN!

Questions for Friday, May 6th: (Special thanks to Lorilynne, Kate, Jolene, @trooppetrie, and@scrumpture for their question suggestions! If YOU would like to be linked in a future Five Question Friday, c'mon over to my community and offer up your best question suggestions! Feel free to shout 'em out to me [@5crookedhalos] on twitter using hashtag #5QF, as well!) (Weird...for some reason this paragraph always gets all wonky when I copy and paste!)

1. Have you ever had roommates?

2. How many names do you/your children have? (i.e. Prince Charming William Phillip Arthur Louis John Jacob Jingleheimer-Schmidt)

3. Did you watch the Royal Wedding?

4. What is the messiest room in your house?

5. What is your ideal mothers day?

--------------------------------------------------------

1. Have you ever had roommates?

Um. Yes. For example, the 6 people I share a home with on a daily basis! ;)

Okay, okay...I know we're not talking about those kind of roommates!

I'm not sure if I've ever told the story or not, but I did not have roommates until my Junior year of college.

As most of you know, I had my first (The Pal) when I was 19. I had just completed my first year of....WAIT! I lie. I had a roommate my first year of college. A local girl who was involved in sports and didn't really have the time of day for her hormonal, homesick, distressed, pregnant roommate.

Bah...let's not count her.

What I was going to say is that when I was a Junior, my college (College of St. Benedict) decided they weren't making enough money off of the single mom's living in two person apartments on campus, so they took it upon themselves to group us together with other single moms on campus owned homes.

Turns out that was the best thing that ever happened to me...I met my bestie and secured a best friend for life. I look back and think "wow...what if they would have kept us in those teeny apartments?!" I never would've met T.!!

Have I told you this story before? I should if I haven't...it's a good one!

2. How many names do you/your children have? (i.e. Prince Charming William Phillip Arthur Louis John Jacob Jingleheimer-Schmidt)

One name.

Well, two...no, I guess technically it's three--first, middle, last!

Although, after hearing Prince William speak his name, I wish I had bestowed upon my children 4 names...and teach them how to speak with an English accent. (Is it strange, that up until Royal Weddingstock that I had never heard William speak? I really like his voice...could listen to it over and over. And Kate's is so soft and sweet. What an adorable couple they make...)

Okay, back from digression now...my kids also have the same, 'cept for the Pal who has first, middle, last last; no hyphen.

3. Did you watch the Royal Wedding?

I was quite convinced that it was overrated. That, gosh, c'mon, it's just a couple of people (who poop just like you and I...well, I mean, YOU. I don't poop.) getting married.

Then, something happened. I stumbled upon this or that or something and the next thing I knew I was being sucked into a Royal Vortex and I couldn't get out no matter how hard I tried!

I watched Harry murmur to Will over and over and over so I could see which "take" on what he said I agreed with most. I searched and searched until I found the clip of Kate curtsying to the Queen, I replayed and replayed and replayed His Royal Handsomeness Bad Boy Harry in his uniform.

I could not. get. enough. I thought up strange things like, "What happens to Kate's title if she outlives William when he's King?!" (Nothing happens. She will become "Queen Consort" vs. "Queen Regent" when Will is king. No ruling power...but will still be known as "Queen". Personally, if I were her, I'd be pissed. They don't call her a princess, but they'll call her Queen? Gimme Princess over Queen anyday...sounds so much more fun...and young.)

4. What is the messiest room in your house?

Right now? Like, at this very moment?

I'd say it's a toss up between the kitchen, the dining room, the living room, our bedroom, the kids' bedroom and the downstairs. (P.S. I am willing to pay someone, in smiles and high fives, to come clean my house. C'mon...you know you want to!)

On a good day, our bedroom is the disaster zone. It's the dumping area and tends to get neglected.

5. What is your ideal mothers day?

Uninterrupted sleep. From the moment I lay my weary head on my pillow, until the moment my body says, "Get up, Mama! It's time to start the day!" At this moment, I'm a little afraid that the time between those two moments could, potentially, be days.

If left to my own devices, I just may sleep for 73 days straight...just to make up for lost time.

Oh, and then when I woke up, my husband and children would bring me breakfast in bed and give me foot massages, and when I got out of bed the house would be practically perfect in everyway...which would include the remodel that we're dreaming about.

Mmmmmm...sounds heavenly!

--------------------------------------------

Okay kids, that's all I've got for you right now! Have a wonderful weekend...I know I'm gonna!


Comments

  1. WHAT?!?!?! You don't poop?!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I'm not the only one...I don't poop either ;)

    PS: Catherine wasn't totally screwed, Princess is in her official formal title:
    Her Royal Highness Princess William Arthur Philip Louis, Duchess of Cambridge, Countess of Strathearn, Baroness Carrickfergus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it's sooooooo good to be back!! I not only missed blogging and taking part in fun memes like this one, but I also missed reading my favourite blogs, of which My Little Life is right up there!! I LOVED your answers (as per usual!) Hope you have a great Mothers Day weekend! (And lots of foot massages!!)

    :)

    Annette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh, sleep, how I miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for another fun 5QF! If you find someone that takes smiles and high fives in exchange for cleaning your house, please give me their number! ;-) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too would like more sleep- uninterrupted if possible.. but first we must clear the house of all the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adding to what Angela said...when Wills becomes Prince of Wales, once Chuck is King, Kate will be HRH Catherine, Princess of Wales.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I couldn't get enough for the royal wedding either, in fact I wish they were still showing reruns. My favorite parts were when he told her she looked beautiful and when she got in the carriage and said to him how happy she was...they are so cute! And speaking of cute, Hello Harry!! When did that happen? ;)

    Have a good weekend girl! Good luck on that uninterrupted sleep, maybe next year that's what I'll ask for. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no, you got sucked into the Royal Wedding hupla. I may just have to stop reading. Kidding, totally kidding!

    Thanks for hosting this terrific link up. I have great fun every week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. your perfect mother's day sounds almost identical to mine. and i'm willing to bet just about every other mom's out there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I could sleep for an entire weekend, I'm sure. Why can't we store up sleep???

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte